Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 03:15 PM

31,051 posts, read 22,077,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
They received bonus points for Al inventing the internet.
And his Racist Father, Al Gore senior, champion of Fillibustering the Civil Rights Act
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Donald Trump Jr went to the University of Pennsylvania. Enuf said about the benefits of wealth and family privilege.
"University of Pennsylvania"

Old 09-25-2019, 03:23 PM

23,976 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Yeah, the internet needed "pushed".
You may not like him. That's does not mean he didn't make a huge contribution to the USA getting in early.

Stop showing your ignorance and do a little reading. You can start with the Gore Bill.

Gore was having conferences with telecommunications people back in the 70s and early 80's. I know because a very close relative went to a bunch of them for his employer.

He is the one politician who understood it. And he got early funding for it.

You think it was just magic?

Old 09-25-2019, 03:25 PM

23,976 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
And his Racist Father, Al Gore senior, champion of Fillibustering the Civil Rights Act
My fil was a racist. That does not mean his children are. Are you a carbon coby of your father?

Old 09-25-2019, 03:32 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Vice President Al Gore, Karenna Gore, Kristin Gore, Sarah Gore and Al Gore III all have one thing in common: They all went to Harvard University, which as we all know is one of the top universities in the United States and the whole world.

Now, it is possible that they won the genetic lottery and really are a family of geniuses. But inquiring minds have to wonder if there isn't something else going on here.

Is this serious? The current President of the United States is trashing the Constitution, has dumb and poorly educated children of his own in positions of power in the White House( you know nepotism), has former cabinet members and other high level staff sitting in prisons and is ethically and morally bankrupt himself and you think we should discuss the successful children of a former Democratic presidential candidate from 19years ago?

Look, look over there a Democrat, let's change the subject from our corrupt POTUS! What is going on here? I do have to wonder, as you put it, if there isn't something else going on here, but it certainly isn't in the Gore family.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 09-25-2019 at 03:55 PM..

Old 09-25-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
My fil was a racist. That does not mean his children are. Are you a carbon coby of your father?
I'm sure Am Gore loved his Racist father very much

Old 09-25-2019, 03:43 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Vice President Al Gore, Karenna Gore, Kristin Gore, Sarah Gore and Al Gore III all have one thing in common: They all went to Harvard University, which as we all know is one of the top universities in the United States and the whole world.

Now, it is possible that they won the genetic lottery and really are a family of geniuses. But inquiring minds have to wonder if there isn't something else going on here.
Why not ask them? Otherwise, who cares?

Old 09-25-2019, 03:49 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,397,493 times
Intelligence is genetic. Legacies are real. My kids are double legacies at a great school. The way it was explained to me is that if they get through to the pile of apps that are qualified, they will get in on legacy. But they have to be qualified, which isn’t easy. At least at our alma mater. My oldest wants to play hockey though, so he probably won’t go there. My middle is bright, but too ADHD IMO and would thrive elsewhere. Maybe my youngest will go

Old 09-25-2019, 03:52 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
So obvious it was the result of random chance/luck of the draw since Harvard claims its acceptance rate for applicants is less than 1% and they are fair and totally unbiased when it comes to admissions.
No, Harvard doesn't claim their acceptance rate is 1%. It's 4.5% which of course is still very low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"University of Pennsylvania"
Why is that funny? Are you unaware that the University of Pennsylvania is a private, Ivy league school, completely unconnected to Penn State University?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies