Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 06:42 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,157,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Impeachment over an innocuous phone call will be dead before it really even begins. Trump is not going anywhere
I've always said that I think there's a strong chance that Trump will be out prematurely, whether he's impeached, he resigns, or he dies.

And, no, the call is most certainly not innocuous.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:49 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,120,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I've always said that I think there's a strong chance that Trump will be out prematurely, whether he's impeached, he resigns, or he dies.

Wow. Talk about betting on the wrong horses

Old 09-26-2019, 06:49 PM

2,486 posts, read 828,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The really sad thing is no one on either side of the aisle gives a damn about the constitutional issues just team blue or team red winning by any means necessary.
Agree completely!

Two sides of the same insidious coin. They take terms (pun intended) pretending. That, after all, is what actors do.

Trump is an outlier. He is basically a chainsaw in a forest of dead trees, and they can't have him upsetting their honeypots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post

I've always said that he is basically JFK coming to screw everything up. He and Trump are quite similar in their political acumen while being equally hated by both parties.

The morning JFK was murdered I awoke to my Grandmother crying in the kitchen. I was only 4, but even I remember where I was when it happened.

The call? Ranks right up there with the dossier. It's going to blow up in the Dems faces just as the Mueller investigation did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Liberals have been writing out their fantasies since November 8, 2016.

This time is no different.

Actually, they started writing their fantasies back in the 60s during Viet Nam. That is when the violent activists realized they needed to take down the system from within and they all became teachers, politicians, and bureaucrats.

Last edited by Originalist; 09-26-2019 at 07:03 PM..

Old 09-26-2019, 06:56 PM

1,152 posts, read 455,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
lol, that's quite the low bar on your meter of justice.
No, it is what it would take to remove him from office. Name calling, hurt feelings and orange hair are not offenses that justify impeachment proceedings, much less conviction and removal. I am tired of all the sizzle and no steak. The dems have nothing but generalities and emotions, and my point was, the man has not done one thing that is justification for impeachment. But, all we have heard now for two years is impeachment. It is time to put up or shut up.

Old 09-26-2019, 07:01 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,401,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
No, it is what it would take to remove him from office. Name calling, hurt feelings and orange hair are not offenses that justify impeachment proceedings, much less conviction and removal. I am tired of all the sizzle and no steak. The dems have nothing but generalities and emotions, and my point was, the man has not done one thing that is justification for impeachment. But, all we have heard now for two years is impeachment. It is time to put up or shut up.
The definition of high crimes and misdemeanors is pretty much whatever the house says it is as long as the Senate agrees. So in fact it is the view of the Republican Senate that determines whether an impeachment sticks or not. And it is very unlikely the House can find anything that the Senate will agree to of the stuff on the plate. It would have to be pretty horrible and obvious before the Senate would have any. And nothing mentioned so far would appear anywhere near that threshold.

So any inquiry is an end in itself. No real possibility of removing Trump.

Old 09-26-2019, 07:06 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,390,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Overconfidence that he will be removed is just as dangerous as overconfidence that he won't be. This already feels far worse than anything regarding Mueller, and even Republicans are beginning to turn against him here and there. Public polling is now coming out in favor of impeachment, and the more that tide turns, the easier it'll be for senators to also turn against him. A lot will depend on what else gets uncovered, but already there is more than enough to justify the impeachment itself. McConnell has a big decision ahead. I wouldn't be the house on him doing the right thing.
While it's unlikely that the Senate will vote to remove Trump if he's impeached by the House --- there are still solid reasons for impeachment.

1) It's to hold Trump accountable - from a principled standpoint of the role of Congress.

2) Keeps the public attention focused on his wrongdoing - so that he's not able to try to pivot away or do one of his stupid distraction moves.

3) Energizes the Democratic base. Forget trying to convince the unconvincibles - help turn out your own

Old 09-26-2019, 07:08 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,395,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
While it's unlikely that the Senate will vote to remove Trump if he's impeached by the House --- there are still solid reasons for impeachment.

1) It's to hold Trump accountable - from a principled standpoint of the role of Congress.

2) Keeps the public attention focused on his wrongdoing - so that he's not able to try to pivot away or do one of his stupid distraction moves.

3) Energizes the Democratic base. Forget trying to convince the unconvincibles - help turn out your own
It will actually deflate the Democrats’ enthusiasm once they realize what impeachment means. But, it will energize and solidify Trump’s base.

Old 09-26-2019, 07:17 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,811,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I can answer that for you. No. They do not. With a side of "but Obama."
Exactly....now you get it....

Old 09-26-2019, 07:35 PM

6,621 posts, read 5,027,753 times
I don't, but it's their job to start the inquiry if they feel an impeacheable offense has been committed.

Old 09-26-2019, 08:01 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,118,773 times
I just don't make predictions any more. I don't know if he will be removed from office. But impeachment has to take place because no president should not be able to withhold or distribute public funds for PERSONAL gain. The US treasury is not his personal piggy bank, and it is illegal to solicit a foreign country to participate in US elections. The president is the representative of the American people, not the head of Trump, Inc. We can't let there be NO consequences for breaking the law. If we let that happen, it truly will become the imperial presidency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies