Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 01:56 PM

16,283 posts, read 10,427,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Are these the same polls that said Hillary had a 98% chance of winning in 2016?

I can't believe you guys are still playing this card when it's been explained over and over again the polls were accurate given the +/- of every poll and the popular vote totals. Anyone referencing the 2016 election polls in this manner is just showing their ignorance.

Now back on topic. I think this is an entire new world we are exploring. The Mueller investigation was simply to learn the facts. We already have the facts here and it's not good. I look for President Trump to be the 3rd President in our history to be impeached. But with a GOP Senate with members more concerned with re-election than doing the right thing Trump will survive. Well until 2020 anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 01:56 PM

10,784 posts, read 4,356,071 times
Imagine the Republican voter turnout in 2020 if Trump is impeached by the House (not the Senate obviously), it'll be very hard for Democrats to match a deeply triggered Republican electorate in those swing states.

Old 09-27-2019, 01:59 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,267,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
But what about the polls of each state?
If the swing state polls were correct, then the election forecasts would be correct.
Who in the media said Trump would win?
They were all looking at the state polls and saying Hillary would win.
If you are gauging national support for a given issue, the popular vote is the best equivalent. Which the polls did very well predicting.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:01 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,420,277 times
Quote:
Imagine the Republican voter turnout in 2020 if Trump is impeached by the House (not the Senate obviously), it'll be very hard for Democrats to match a deeply triggered Republican electorate in those swing states.
You're forgetting that libs have been triggered since Trump's election. Their pain is much greater at this point I bet they will be able to match R turnout.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:01 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,651,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I can't believe you guys are still playing this card when it's been explained over and over again the polls were accurate given the +/- of every poll and the popular vote totals. Anyone referencing the 2016 election polls in this manner is just showing their ignorance.

Now back on topic. I think this is an entire new world we are exploring. The Mueller investigation was simply to learn the facts. We already have the facts here and it's not good. I look for President Trump to be the 3rd President in our history to be impeached. But with a GOP Senate with members more concerned with re-election than doing the right thing Trump will survive. Well until 2020 anyway.
Dude, I'm on the left and not even a Trump supporter, but there's nothing really here to impeach him on. A conversation with a world leader isn't an impeachable offense.

I didn't just watch what CNN and other MSM networks said with the cut and pasted out of context text, but I read the actual transcript.

This impeachment mess is going to backfire for the Democrats. With all the stuff going on in the country, they're focusing on this garbage instead of real issues or policies.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:03 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yeah prob not gonna happen. The next four years are going to be really rough for some people if it doesn't

And I think Trump is terrible on most things, except for trolling the left.
It's quite hysterical that the only objective folks on this board (the anarchists - you, me, Volobjectarian who has chimed in) understand this and see it for what it is.

Only Team Blue could make a vile, narcissistic, evil, subhuman sociopath like Trump not only appear sympathetic but actually entertaining to those of us in the cheap seats.

I'm going to laugh my rear off when he gets elected again. Oh not because of all the natural rights Big Daddy Tariff and his Marxist agenda will trample on but because Team Blue simply can't figure out how in the world they got trolled through not one but two general elections.

Then today we have Hillary chiming in from whichever rock she's been lurching under. Tone deaf. Completely tone deaf.

This country deserves this clown show. Both teams are just sorry sacks of emotional retardation.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:04 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,077,463 times
Quote:
If the swing state polls were correct, then the election forecasts would be correct.
Why are we even rehashing Hillary Clinton in a thread on Trump's impending impeachment? What do 2016 state polls have to do with it? If all you have left for hope is believing that the current poll is wrong because some individual state polls in an entirely different matter 3 years ago were wrong, then I'm not sure if you know how much trouble Trump is really in.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:05 PM

3,073 posts, read 1,303,818 times
Quote:
Yeah the swing state polls weren’t very good. Wisconsin was brutally wrong averaging like plus 6 for Hillary. PA wasn’t as bad nor was Michigan but still were averaging somewhere high 4s to low 5s

4,178 posts, read 2,651,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It's quite hysterical that the only objective folks on this board (the anarchists - you, me, Volobjectarian who has chimed in) understand this and see it for what it is.

Only Team Blue could make a vile, narcissistic, evil, subhuman sociopath like Trump not only appear sympathetic but actually entertaining to those of us in the cheap seats.

I'm going to laugh my rear off when he gets elected again. Oh not because of all the natural rights Big Daddy Tariff and his Marxist agenda will trample on but because Team Blue simply can't figure out how in the world they got trolled through not one but two general elections.

Then today we have Hillary chiming in from whichever rock she's been lurching under. Tone deaf. Completely tone deaf.

This country deserves this clown show. Both teams are just sorry sacks of emotional retardation.
*claps* I agree with this. Both parties have went to hell and I feel like we're in a giant reality show.

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
You're forgetting that libs have been triggered since Trump's election. Their pain is much greater at this point I bet they will be able to match R turnout.
Team Blue is perpetually triggered.

And you'll ignore Akron, Grand Rapids, Erie, and Racine again because the little people are just too little to pander to. Keep sending shots across the bows from L.A., NYC, and D.C.

Give Team Red credit. They still know how to lie to the regular Joes. Ya'll need to work on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies