Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Trump's abandonment of the Kurds Betrayal or Smart?
Betrayal 123 63.73%
Smart 39 20.21%
Other 17 8.81%
Undecided 14 7.25%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 04:04 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times

Advertisements

Trump has greenlighted Turkey to wipe out the Kurds in Northern Syria. Kurds have been our steadfast allies in the war against Isis.

Trump has no loyalty to anyone. He is the ultimate turncoat.

Only a fool trusts Donald Trump.

Of course, Trump does seems to have a special love for dictators like Erdogan.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...orthern-syria/

Last edited by TreeBeard; 10-07-2019 at 04:27 AM..

Old 10-07-2019, 05:01 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Trump has greenlighted Turkey to wipe out the Kurds in Northern Syria. Kurds have been our steadfast allies in the war against Isis.

Trump has no loyalty to anyone. He is the ultimate turncoat.

Only a fool trusts Donald Trump.

Of course, Trump does seems to have a special love for dictators like Erdogan.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...orthern-syria/
I thought we were supposed to stay out of other countries business?

The neo Libs always wanting to have Americans fight wars that we have no business in.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:04 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post

The neo Libs always wanting to have Americans fight wars that we have no business in.
Liberals have become quite the war hawks.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post

W. started the war in Iraq which I vehemently opposed. However, the Kurds which have been our steadfast allies in the war in Iraq and against Isis should not be discarded like trash. We are Americans we don't betray our allies. Well, we didn't until Trump turned us into a nation of weasels and backstabbers like Trump himself.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:07 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
True and the irony is that if Obama did the same thing, they would be applauding and fawning.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:10 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
W. started the war in Iraq which I vehemently opposed. However, the Kurds which have been our steadfast allies in the war in Iraq and against Isis should not be discarded like trash. We are Americans we don't betray our allies. Well, we didn't until Trump turned us into a nation of weasels and backstabbers like Trump himself.
No sane person will trust the US again as long as Trump is in the WH.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
All you Trumpers have is this pathetic deflection.

I guess Trumpers will cheer Turkey after they slaughter the Kurds and release Isis killers. You will all say that this was part of Trump's brilliant strategy.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:41 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Yes the Kurds fought alongside us in Iraq and now we are going to allow Turkey to attack them, what is Trump going to do about this.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:45 AM

17,622 posts, read 17,674,997 times
I’m a Trump supporter and I recognize the dilemma. From a strategic standpoint the US has no reason to be in the area except as world police. However, Turkey is a NATO member nation already within the region. It makes good sense for USA to step back and allow a NATO member nation to handle what is a regional conflict. However, as a member of NATO & the UN I would advocate for UN & NATO officials to monitor Turkey’s involvement in the conflict in regards to the Kurds. It’s long overdue for USA to stop being the world police.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I’m a Trump supporter and I recognize the dilemma. From a strategic standpoint the US has no reason to be in the area except as world police. However, Turkey is a NATO member nation already within the region. It makes good sense for USA to step back and allow a NATO member nation to handle what is a regional conflict. However, as a member of NATO & the UN I would advocate for UN & NATO officials to monitor Turkey’s involvement in the conflict in regards to the Kurds. It’s long overdue for USA to stop being the world police.
The question is two fold. The first is throwing steadfast allies under the bus and to possible ethnic cleansing.
The second is that many suspect that once the Kurds are out of the way, Turkey will take the Kurdish Isis prisoners and let them go. Yes, that is right- release them.

Erdogan is no friend of ours despite Turkey being in Nato. Well, Erdogan knows how to play Trump. No doubt about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies