Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 02:06 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,282,661 times

Advertisements

not so much conveys strength....as it doesn't convey weakness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Embedded in your question is an accusatory attitude that people might stop supporting him if he stopped his childish behavior. I know of nobody who likes his tweets and and other childish actions, but reasonable voters are able to look beyond that to the policies he supports and compare them to the horrible far-left policies now being bandied about by the liberal nominees.

That's something you liberals don't seem able to comprehend. An unattractive personality is NOT enough to negate policies and attitudes that are better for the country than the ones from the Democrats. You could put up the most pleasant, charming, articulate, well-mannered guy in the world, and if he advocates for decriminalizing illegal aliens, making other people pay off college debt of others, giving health care to illegals, increasing taxes massively on the middle class in order to provide free college and Medicaid-for-all, supporting sanctuary cities for those who break laws, etc., etc., he won't get my vote.
...we have a winner

Old 10-08-2019, 02:07 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Hmmm...The thread is a question for "Trump supporters". So why are those who suffer from TDS responding?
Because it’s a public forum.

Old 10-08-2019, 02:08 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post

THE MEDIA IS SO UNFAIR TO RECORD AND BROADCAST THE THINGS HE SAYS
said no one, ever.

Old 10-08-2019, 02:12 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,194,294 times
Yes I would, because I support policies above all else. I voted for Rand Paul, a statesman with policies I like, i then found the next person whose policies I agreed mostly with and yes, it’s a plus Trump is from outside DC

Old 10-08-2019, 02:34 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
I would very much like if he toned down the rhetoric a little bit and admitted when he made a mistake.

The man is far from perfect.
Not nearly as far as the D-RATS running for the DNC nomination for the same office.

Old 10-08-2019, 02:38 PM

ha....people certainly are a product of the media

wonder how this would have all played out if Clinton or Obama were republicans....

Old 10-08-2019, 02:53 PM

4,661 posts, read 1,953,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
I'm about as anti-SJW as they come.
But isn't that embarassing though? Watching a president troll someone? I guess I'm just from an older generation and don't understand the appeal of it. It's weird. The Millenial president that most millenials claim to not like, but maybe they are just closet Trumpers. I assume that you are a millenial?
It is embarrassing who wouldn't prefer someone as eloquent and mannered as Obama, whom on a personal level i liked a lot. But i feel his Presidency was a failure. Trump is working on things I support, border security getting us out of foreign wars. Being very pro u.s. energy development and pro business and concerned with how things benefit America first. Now if only someone would break his twitter fingers.

Now I would certainly be willing to vote for someone else who was more "presidential" but they would need to have policies i can support. So far its just appears to be people who not only seem to me as unstable as Trump but whose policies are insane.

Old 10-08-2019, 02:59 PM

Obama had a eloquent and mannered teleprompter....and an entire staff to compose it......off prompter it was ug uh uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh
..he couldn't even put two words together

Old 10-08-2019, 03:06 PM

27,568 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
I've been trying to figure this out. Because I can recognize that he's done some good (I don't think it outweighs the bad) but I think that if I were a Trump supporter I would still be embarassed by the way he presents himself and represents the country as a whole.
Most people who are for or against Trump already decided their position about him a long time ago.

So, it doesn't matter how he "presents" himself or the United States. That is all just icing on the cake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies