Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 05:03 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,152,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
Please don't make me defend Trump.

I have no idea what his full response was. I watched the video on the link provided. Trump never said "We've all done it" and he was (from what I understand) explaining why she wasn't been extradited.
While I agree that he could have appeared more sympathetic in the 30 second clip, I don't think that the basics of what he was saying is incorrect.
Somehow seems to me that a president of the country where the killer is from should say nothing in the early stages beyond something like, "This is a terrible tragedy."

Old 10-09-2019, 05:06 PM

5,344 posts, read 4,441,865 times
I rarely chime in on these things but, gee I actually saw the whole answer to the reporter's question. He did NOT defend her. He said that there needs to be a further investigation and that we need to wait until all the facts come out. When pushed further about what he would do about the diplomatic immunity he said that if it was nefarious in any way, there would be a price to be paid by her. Now, I did paraphrase that because I know there is no sense in searching for the full video because most won't bother to watch it.

Oh, an as for the "We've all done it," that was in reference to going to another country that drives on the opposite side than we do here in America.

Seriously folks, this man does and says many dumb things. Making stuff up is just stupid but, false headlines and stories get the clicks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-09-2019 at 05:26 PM..

Old 10-09-2019, 05:09 PM

1,161 posts, read 436,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
I rarely chime in on these things but, gee I actually saw the whole answer to the reporter's question. He did NOT defend her. He said that there needs to be a further investigation and that we need to wait until all the facts come out. When pushed further about what he would do about the diplomatic immunity he said that if it was nefarious in any way, there would be a price to be paid by her. Now, I did paraphrase that because I know there is no sense in searching for the full video because most won't bother to watch it.

Oh, an as for the "We've all done it," that was in reference to going to another country that drives on the opposite side than we do here in America.

Seriously folks, this man does and says many dumb things. Making stuff up is just stupid but, false headlines and stories get the clicks.

Thank you.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-09-2019 at 05:25 PM.. Reason: corrected my spelling

Old 10-09-2019, 07:49 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,541,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
If yo go with the flow everyone will like you if you rock the boat everything you say and do is an impeachable offense
But if you drive on the wrong side of the road, you’re definitely going against the flow.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:21 PM

29,221 posts, read 22,421,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
Good God

I dislike this president, but this is exactly what they mean by "Fake News"
The clip provided doesn't even have the line they are quoting.

Trump was simply saying that anyone who has driven in the opposite system has had problems driving and that this was clearly an accident, which is exactly what it appears to be.
No. The meaning of what Trump said is unclear, like most of the things he says.

The fact is events like this are fairly common around the world and diplomats are always given immunity. Diplomatic immunity is an essential to conducting diplomatic affairs.

So what Trump said, while open to many different interpretations, may have intended to say "Unfortunately, diplomatic immunity allows this to happen all over the world."

That's very true. It wasn't all that long ago when some sons of a diplomat were caught and arrested in New York for some criminal act, but because they had diplomatic immunity, they were released and then were flown back home in the wink of an eye. Other incidents have happened with family members of the UN delegation as well.

And oftentimes, diplomatic immunity is given to those who aren't in a foreign diplomatic corps. The Saudis, for example, are ruled by an autocratic King

Unfortunately for him, his limited vocabulary got in his way once more, I think, and has landed him in hot water once again.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:28 PM

10,250 posts, read 15,962,115 times
For better or worse, this is diplomatic immunity. Liberals are not this upset when illegal aliens drive drunk and kill US citizens. Yet liberals want this diplomat jailed even though it was just a mistake and she wasn't drinking, simply because she works for the Trump administration.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:38 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,532,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
How 'bout "sorry for making this up". You could go with the Schiff defense of I was joking.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Trump is an idiot but on this he is right. It was a tragic driving mistake. End of story.
Do you think he agrees with you when you said in another thread on this topic: "It is unfortunate that a death resulted but I don't see it as a crime that needs to be prosecuted."

Old 10-09-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Nobody is accountable in Trumplandia. Did he happen to mention what he thought about her lying to the police and fleeing the country? I'm sure "that happens to everyone".

Good luck with any kids using Trump as their role model. Lie, act cowardly, cheat and run away from your bad actions if you can get away with it.

Still - a disgusting response to a cowardly irresponsible American who was a guest in the UK. I wish they could put out an international warrant for her so she cannot visit other countries and accidentally kill anyone else. And she's still allowed to drive here!
Where did he say she shouldn't be held accountable? In fact his full answer clearly demonstrates the opposite. You are projecting.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:51 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,451,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
That's not the best reply when someone has been killed, and indeed shows Trump's total lack of empathy and unfitness to be in the role of president.
I appreciated it. Showing false sympathies is far worse.

He was real and apologetic but not to the point of grief. He defended the woman's life who could be destroyed.

All around good answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies