Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 06:49 AM

30,372 posts, read 19,170,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...tm_name=iossmf

Um.. well then..
Idk what to say to that..
I do, Trump is right again.

Old 10-10-2019, 07:04 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
Good God

I dislike this president, but this is exactly what they mean by "Fake News"
The clip provided doesn't even have the line they are quoting.

Trump was simply saying that anyone who has driven in the opposite system has had problems driving and that this was clearly an accident, which is exactly what it appears to be.
Sort of like when Rep. Schiff had to lie about what the president said on his phone call with the president of Ukraine. If the truth cannot stand on it's own merit, maybe you need to take a step back and do some introspection of yourself.

I was in the military, I made six tours where I was stationed in Japan for six months. One time I slipped up during my first week back home.

I was stopped at a traffic light, and when the light turned green I turned left, into the left lane of a four lane state highway. Lucky for me no cars were coming, but I had to drive up over the median strip to get into the right side of the highway.

All you need to do is get a little distracted, thinking about something else, and when the light changes you fall into muscle memory, and do what comes naturally. I have known plenty of other people who did the same thing. It's rare, but it happens.

She's in a country where everyone drives on the opposite side of the street, the rules of the road are different, the road markings and signs are all different, etc... Heck, we have Americans who still cannot figure out roundabouts. So I can empathize with this woman.

Old 10-10-2019, 07:59 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
Good God

I dislike this president, but this is exactly what they mean by "Fake News"
The clip provided doesn't even have the line they are quoting.

Trump was simply saying that anyone who has driven in the opposite system has had problems driving and that this was clearly an accident, which is exactly what it appears to be.
And this is what prompts many to defend Trump.

Old 10-10-2019, 10:13 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
Accidents happen. THAT is really what he said. What next? People die in accidents everyday, but you've just found another reason to impeach our president. Good for you, your people will be proud,,,, and unfortunately still chronically outraged.

You all can try to whitewash this any way you want, but if this was your wife, son, daughter or other loved one who was killed, you would be looking for justice. Also, if some Diplomat from a foreign country came here and did this same thing you would be calling for them to be brought back to face the music.

The point should be, just because someone can do something, doesn't mean they should. Just because this lady has "Diplomatic immunity", the RIGHT thing to do would be to stand up and stay there to settle this the right way.

If some Diplomat shot and killed someone and then bailed out on a plane, would that be ok ? No difference.

Old 10-10-2019, 10:20 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You all can try to whitewash this any way you want, but if this was your wife, son, daughter or other loved one who was killed, you would be looking for justice. Also, if some Diplomat from a foreign country came here and did this same thing you would be calling for them to be brought back to face the music.

The point should be, just because someone can do something, doesn't mean they should. Just because this lady has "Diplomatic immunity", the RIGHT thing to do would be to stand up and stay there to settle this the right way.

If some Diplomat shot and killed someone and then bailed out on a plane, would that be ok ? No difference.
And nothing you said has anything at all to do with Trump.

Old 10-10-2019, 02:31 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
{snip}

Shooting and killing someone would be an intentional act to cause harm, it would be murder. This was not murder, so stop with the idiotic hyperbole.

Old 10-10-2019, 02:34 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
'We've all done it'

We have?!?

Old 10-10-2019, 04:37 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I appreciated it. Showing false sympathies is far worse.

He was real and apologetic but not to the point of grief. He defended the woman's life who could be destroyed.

All around good answer.
What about the victim whose life was destroyed?

Old 10-10-2019, 07:17 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
What about the victim whose life was destroyed?
Can't be helped, they're gone.

Vengeance won't solve anything. Calling vengeance justice doesn't change what it is.

She probably feels terrible and will learn in her own way, she doesn't need to be thrown in jail.

Old 10-10-2019, 08:16 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
'We've all done it'

We have?!?
I would wager most who have traveled abroad and drive-in the left side has. WE tend to have to really think about it. I can't tell you how many times I turned the wipers on when making a turn. Over here the turn signal is on the opposite side as well.

Every week a tourist dies crossing a busy road. They looked the wrong way and attempted to cross. Happens a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies