Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2019, 11:24 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Do you want to see the complaints we get from Republicans/conservatives? In reality, you'd be surprised how few posts are ever deleted and the moderators do a great job of not deleting anything because they disagree politically.
Complaining isnt the same as their arguments being legitimate. There are people on this forum who dispute quotes taken directly from the articles they post, LOL.

As for deleting things, I think you would get a lot of disagreement there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2019, 11:25 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
I'm thinking about adding these subforums. They would still be public but only party's supporters would be allowed to comment. Any comments or suggestions?
How would the administrator be able to verify the credibility of a poster's stated party?

Old 10-11-2019, 11:25 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
What exactly is so undesirable about it? When you're browsing the Internet, you get classified in many categories by most of the sites you visit (usually for advertisers), including party affiliation. Biden does not want to target conservatives with ads about donating.
You want to classify us to better identify us? That is what I am kind of reading here in the bolded. Other sites are doing it, why not CD?

Old 10-11-2019, 11:26 AM

3,177 posts, read 2,745,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
The old AOL chat rooms had separate party chat rooms. I miss those chats. instead of waiting for someone to answer a post here a day later...…… you got instant responses. I guess technology goes backwards sometimes...……...
You're right about that! I wouldn't think that this deterioration would happen with all the technological advances but many new services are worse than the old ones.

Old 10-11-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by george545 View Post
Here's a suggestion, buy a new domain (they are cheap) and move all the non "city-data" forums to that new domain. You could still have pointers from the old city-data locations, but separate the user's histories and other data.

I don't think there really is any reason (except for expectation of additional ad revenue) to combine a great real-estate website, with a political cat-fight website.
We'd do that and try many other things but the reality is that without the search engine traffic, all content sites are dead on arrival. So it's not as easy as it looks.

Old 10-11-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
For goodness sake, it's not about the "letter of the law".

YAC, is that you?
I was sarcastic.

Old 10-11-2019, 11:33 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Quote:
Nice screen name, did you get it from:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/auth...hat%20smell%3F
no..urban dictionary is not in my lane.

Old 10-11-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I almost think this would be necessary for the sake of moderation. With the elections getting closer, we're going to see a lot of new people joining....just because. How will the mods know whether someone is just trolling or is really in that party?

On the other hand, I agree with Republicans on some issues, such as illegals. Do I post in Republican forums if there's a thread on that? And if I then disagree with someone on some point, is that viewed by the mods as trolling?

It might be a little confusing for moderators when it comes to moderates who aren't 100% in favor of everything their party is doing.
Good points.

Old 10-11-2019, 11:36 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
Do you want to see the complaints we get from Republicans/conservatives? In reality, you'd be surprised how few posts are ever deleted and the moderators do a great job of not deleting anything because they disagree politically.
Not really.

My point is that amongst forums CD is known to be visited by the far right, racists, conservatives, censorship of liberal views:

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/city-data.com

Perhaps having separate forums would invite other mindsets?

Old 10-11-2019, 11:37 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
I vote yes. It seems most of the politics threads are extremely one sided. More balance would be nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies