Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Trump send in Thousands of Americans Soldiers and serious weaponry to Saudi Arabia?
Yes, Send in this Large Force and Protect the Saudis 10 10.64%
No, I don't believe we should Protect the Saudis with American lives and Treasure 84 89.36%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 07:17 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek222 View Post
Tell me Ringo, why are you posting here? I'm here because I've been a useful idiot. Do you ever wonder how this place makes money? Fomenting hatred.

And to think I just came here to research my next home.

City-data - come to research a new home, get sucked into political arguments.
Well, sure...you are likely correct. BUT, look at this vote. Even if CD was financed by the IRA (Russian Internet Research Agency) or Guliani or any nationalist folks.....they are seeing somewhat of a backlash as I'd say the majority here now has changed from a few years back. In other words, they are failing if their goal was to torment hate since the small band of haters doesn't seem to be growing, while the reasonable crowd is.

So, maybe you and Ringo and others are just here to be counted?

Old 10-12-2019, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Hey Craig, don't you wonder how you got transformed from a person that commented on real estate to a person that is commenting on political matters?
No derek, I have never wondered since I started discussing politics online in 1986 and, in fact, ran large web sites with political forums in them for 18 years. Popped into the politics forums in other web sites also.

Have you wondered?

It interests me how people think and why they think that way.

I have even changed a couple minds along the way. But not many...I will agree with that. Russian and Trump propaganda is a lot more effective than I am.....money talks, BS walks and I guess I am the later.

It's always good to know ones position in any circumstance. If you are not at the table it's likely you are part of the meal. If you look around and can't figure out who is the fool it just may be you (or me).

Old 10-12-2019, 07:55 AM

20,122 posts, read 9,036,439 times
Dems are great at sending troops overseas to fight wars, they just never want to bring them home.

Old 10-12-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Respectfully disagree. We are here to be used.

I have no idea how this place is financed. It's so sad to me that a city-data website could be co-oped for political purposes.
Don't think co-opted....perhaps designed from day one. But that's just MHO based on many decades of online community.

Fodder for another thread probably.....

In the end, "believe I", CD makes little difference in anything. ANY Right Winger spouting here has long ago got the messages from the Billionaires Echo Chambers and is under the false impression that they are somehow spreading the message where it hasn't been spread before.

Then again, in the Marketing industry we were always told "26 impressions before we make a sale"......

Old 10-12-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Dems are great at sending troops overseas to fight wars, they just never want to bring them home.
So you weren't of age in 2003 and thereabouts for GWB and his henchmen? That was arguably the beginning of the MASSIVE Middle East (trillions of dollars and thousands of American lives) efforts.....of course, we could step back to the Gulf War and Daddy Bush, but the bottom line is that any recent history shows the bigger hawks are on the Right. It's as big a part of their Platform as any other issue - they call it "National Security" but it involves spying on all Americans also.

Old 10-12-2019, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Disagree again. Come to research real-estate, a new home, get bombarded by politics.
Well, did you change your mind? It's not whether you got sucked in, the bigger question is whether it changed anything you think.........

Like the OP - where are you on the Saudi thing?

Of course "bait" would be used to suck in the innocent. That makes perfect sense. No site would identify itself as "come for the pretend part, stay for the Internet Research Agency trolling".

I think we probably agree just that you assign more weight to it - whereas it's just another Facebook thread in the end.

Old 10-12-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
It's not about me.

Do you know that over 60 million 'murican's voted for trump? Have you ever talked to a trump voter? Low hanging fruit for political manipulation.

Again, I'll ask you, how does city-data make money? Maybe, possibly, from payments from the "swayalot - magaalot" types.

This place no longer seems to be about city data. I think it's about manipulation.
I think we can guess how they make money. That's their business tho.....in the USA it's OK for both foreign and domestic entities to push their stuff.

I know all about Trump and his voters. Study the 538 Approve/Disapprove numbers - terribly negative since his first week in office.

Therefore any and all efforts being made have done the opposite. Look at the 2018 election.

I am fully aware that 30% or more of Americans are Right Wing Authoritarians. That many even approved of GWB after the Great Recession and multiple wars and complete failure and the Rise of the Security State.

Your job is to educate and change that. Mission Impossible.

Old 10-12-2019, 10:01 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
AS opposed to us just footing the bill? Like using our Navy, our fuel, our man power to patrol for pirates. Well Trump did say people should have to pay for the services we provide. It's one of the few things I agree with him on.
The problem is, who are the Saudis paying?
Our tax dollars will not decrease. They money will be pocketed by defense industry insiders.

Each American should get a $100,000 check from the Saudis.

Old 10-12-2019, 10:07 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Tell me Ringo, why are you posting here? I'm here because I've been a useful idiot. Do you ever wonder how this place makes money? Fomenting hatred.

And to think I just came here to research my next home.

City-data - come to research a new home, get sucked into political arguments.
I just like to argue with people.

I was here for several years before I ventured into the POC forum; I started out on the dog forum; then the parenting forum; and so on and so forth.

Quote:
It's not about me.

Do you know that over 60 million 'murican's voted for trump? Have you ever talked to a trump voter? Low hanging fruit for political manipulation.

Again, I'll ask you, how does city-data make money? Maybe, possibly, from payments from the "swayalot - magaalot" types.

This place no longer seems to be about city data. I think it's about manipulation.
Well - do spell it out for us. Who is paying City Data? I would like to know.

I just don't think that many people pay attention to City Data - there are about the same 20 posters in POC just posting over and over.

CD DOES have a pretty good search engine, though, I'l give you that.

Old 10-12-2019, 10:09 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Ah, that's the same "logic" used for Iraq and Afghanistan. I think some Afghanis are crossing the Alps right about now on their way here.

Since Iran is not aligned closer with Russia and China and many other countries, the idea that we will do something to them seems far-fetched. Trump should have not broken that treaty. NK has built up their capacity greatly and Iran will have a nuke before long also.

I'd much rather trade and deal with Iran and tell the Saudis they can pound sand....extra great support for Islamic Dictatorships doesn't seem like the best long term plan.

At least Iran has a real culture and and working class and lots of decent people.
If anything, we should have attacked Saudi Arabia after 911, not become their puppet.
The ones that died on 911 must be rolling in their graves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies