Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2019, 06:42 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
They already have him in therapy so hopefully he is getting the help he needs to process what has to be a nightmarish situation for him.

What was really chilling to me is that apparently he wanted to be the one to go check what was outside the window and his aunt made him stay back.

Sounds like a brave little boy, but he's lucky to still be alive.
Thanks - I wondered if they were going to put him in therapy. Good to know and happy to hear that he's already getting help.

Oh my God, can you imagine if he had been killed? Jesus...just the thought...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2019, 06:47 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
Some of the posts in this thread are truly disgusting. From people claiming "there must be more to the story" or "she had to be doing more than just playing video games," to a couple of lunatics bringing up Obama. Seriously?? Some of you people need to seek intense therapy for your obsession with Obama. There's even a post on here by Cape Cod Todd referring to Black people's so-called "lack of intelligence" and how Obama had an opportunity to uplift "his people." Of course, since Obama didn't lie and claim that racism didn't exist, he was viewed as a divider by those who thought he didn't grovel enough and keep "his people" in their place. That garbage was posted on Oct. 13th at 10:24 am, and apparently that kind of racist rhetoric is perfectly fine because no mod has removed it. It's amazing to read so many people in this thread and others who constantly trot out the lie that racism isn't real, when the vast majority of threads on this forum alone contain some type of ignorant and racist comment. This forum is filled with repulsive racists. What's worse is you're merely a small sample of the most disgusting dregs of American society. You keep telling yourselves that you aren't racist, all while behaving in ways and making comments that show the complete opposite. Your ignorance and denial does not change the truth. It does not change facts. But you have the luxury of continuing to live with blinders on in your convenient cocoon of ignorance. I've heard so many white people say they're tired of hearing about racism. So what! Get over it! If you're tired of hearing about it, how the hell do you think the recipients of it feel? But of course, that thought never occurs to you. Your arrogance and entitlement are astounding. Millions of people are not going to stay silent and stop speaking their truths just because it makes some of you uncomfortable. And you don't get to re-write other people's experiences just because they don't fit your biased, distorted narrative. Of course, the people who really need to "hear" this will ignore it and carry on with their usual bull***t shenanigans. But at least I've said my piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq02mO3wHU0
Just wanted to repeat this post.

Bolded important part.

Old 10-15-2019, 06:50 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
Some of the posts in this thread are truly disgusting. From people claiming "there must be more to the story" or "she had to be doing more than just playing video games," to a couple of lunatics bringing up Obama. Seriously?? Some of you people need to seek intense therapy for your obsession with Obama. There's even a post on here by Cape Cod Todd referring to Black people's so-called "lack of intelligence" and how Obama had an opportunity to uplift "his people." Of course, since Obama didn't lie and claim that racism didn't exist, he was viewed as a divider by those who thought he didn't grovel enough and keep "his people" in their place. That garbage was posted on Oct. 13th at 10:24 am, and apparently that kind of racist rhetoric is perfectly fine because no mod has removed it. It's amazing to read so many people in this thread and others who constantly trot out the lie that racism isn't real, when the vast majority of threads on this forum alone contain some type of ignorant and racist comment. This forum is filled with repulsive racists. What's worse is you're merely a small sample of the most disgusting dregs of American society. You keep telling yourselves that you aren't racist, all while behaving in ways and making comments that show the complete opposite. Your ignorance and denial does not change the truth. It does not change facts. But you have the luxury of continuing to live with blinders on in your convenient cocoon of ignorance. I've heard so many white people say they're tired of hearing about racism. So what! Get over it! If you're tired of hearing about it, how the hell do you think the recipients of it feel? But of course, that thought never occurs to you. Your arrogance and entitlement are astounding. Millions of people are not going to stay silent and stop speaking their truths just because it makes some of you uncomfortable. And you don't get to re-write other people's experiences just because they don't fit your biased, distorted narrative. Of course, the people who really need to "hear" this will ignore it and carry on with their usual bull***t shenanigans. But at least I've said my piece.

I would never doubt the ongoing racial thing in the US. It is still there. But we are getting carried away here. In either this case or the Jean one a white would have ended up just as dead.

There is a problem here. It deals with guns and the police. And it is often biased. No doubt in my mind that the probability of a Black person ending up dead in this kind of confrontation is much greater than that of a White. But both of the present two in TX are more into the actions of the Police rather than racial.

And those of all colors need to get this under better control.

Old 10-15-2019, 06:51 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The thing is, the cop took one shot before he stopped shooting.

If the cop had shot them BOTH, one right after the other, there would be no explaining his behavior whatsoever except intent to murder.
I actually think the one shot was due to him shooting Ms. Jefferson in a panic and then belatedly having a flash of clarity and an oh crap what have I done moment.

Because, otherwise it doesn't make sense that after acting like he was dealing with a crime, feeling threatened and not knowing how many other threatening people were in the house, they rushed in, found the victim and started giving CPR.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:05 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Question. In the video, the cop yelled let me see your hands and shot her within 1 second. Do you think this was adequate time for a normal person to comply?
I'm not referring to the video.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:20 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
I actually think the one shot was due to him shooting Ms. Jefferson in a panic and then belatedly having a flash of clarity and an oh crap what have I done moment.

Because, otherwise it doesn't make sense that after acting like he was dealing with a crime, feeling threatened and not knowing how many other threatening people were in the house, they rushed in, found the victim and started giving CPR.
Yes, that could be.

But I think he shot her but he didn't intend to - it was a reflexive move, and he raised his gun to prepare to shoot but then he accidentally shot without meaning to.

But maybe we'll never know.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:22 PM

8,241 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Sadly, your situation is not unusual. A relative of mine was seen being beaten by her estranged husband by two cops. And he is illegal. The prosecutor won't charge him because he is renting a house from her and he is an informant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
OMG, what a terrible - and frightening - story.

Was your ex in any kind of position where he had influence with these cops?
My ex works for the government and is buddies with many cops, magistrates, and judges. When I was a child, he was allowed to rape and hurt me anytime he wanted. His cop buddies even destroyed evidence to keep him from going to prison. The church and my parents forced me to marry him when I was a child after I told what he was doing to me. I often wish I had kept my mouth shut. I could've ended up getting away sooner and wouldn't have been forced to marry him if I'd kept quiet and no one knew. It ruined my life.

I got pregnant from one of the many rapes. I had my daughter. In 2011 I was raided without a warrant and my daughter was taken from me. They put her in a therapy program to break her down and get her used to the idea of living with her biological father. I was falsely accused of horrendous things to assassinate my character and make it so that no one would help me while I was being destroyed. My daughter was 14 when she was taken from me. My family ended up helping my rapist get custody of my child.

What happened to me had everything to do with my former forced husband. My daughter even informed me during one of the visits I was allowed to have with her that he told her that it had been set up and they just had been waiting to learn where we were to take her from me so he could get her. It was during this time that I learned that my court appointed attorney (who stipulated me to charges without my consent) was facebook buddies with the judge and the case worker who was writing false reports about me claiming I was "admitting" to serious felonies out of one side of her mouth while complaining I was refusing to talk to her out the other side of her mouth.

I searched through the facebook profiles from there and learned that the foster care worker who was writing up negative reports against me was a friend to a relative of one of the magistrates that kept helping my ex get away with stuff he was doing to me years earlier when I was trying to escape him. Small world, huh? I made a simple blog site and posted screenshots of all of this evidence connecting the dots and tried telling the world what was being done to me, and the judge found out and started sending the state police after me and was threatening to put me in jail. So, after I went public, the harassment was then coming from both the county and the state police.

The entire time I went through this not one person tried to help me. Instead, everyone believed I had to have done something wrong and either ignored me or joined the attack wagon. I even ended up having to shop after midnight because people in the community would recognize me and I'd be accosted out in public. There weren't as many people out shopping after midnight so it limited the amount of harassment if I avoided going out in public as much as possible.

My rapist ended up with custody and I ended up not being even allowed to talk to her on the phone. I was told if I recanted about the rapes and violence I had suffered that they would allow me to see her supervised for one hour a month, but I'd have to travel to his area and encounter him to do so. I just couldn't handle anymore psychologically. I ended up having a mental breakdown because of what I suffered.

I haven't had any friends in years, and I learned the hard way that the friends I used to have weren't real. If they were real friends then they'd have been there for me. They had no loyalty to me whatsoever. I had been there for some of them during really hard times, but not one of them were there for me. I'll never forgive any of them for it.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:23 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Pretty sure that even though a lot of the house was lit up, the bedroom she was in was dark. Why else would he have been shining a flash light into it?
Good point. I was going to ask whether it was actually established that the light was on in the room where she was shot.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Thanks - I wondered if they were going to put him in therapy. Good to know and happy to hear that he's already getting help.

Oh my God, can you imagine if he had been killed? Jesus...just the thought...
No I cannot imagine. Its bad enough that his aunt was shot in her own home minding her own business.

It is just mind boggling to me that a cop shot into a darkened room of a home without knowing who was in there. He had to know it was a bedroom and multiple people(possibly children) could have been sleeping there at that time of night. He also had to know that the occupants of the house were in the back of the house since he didn't see them in the lit up front of the house.

It defies all reason.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Good point. I was going to ask whether it was actually established that the light was on in the room where she was shot.
Everything I have read said the room was dark.

One article I saw said if you slow the video down Ms. Jefferson could be seen either raising or opening the blinds, but I couldn't tell for sure about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies