Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 11:07 AM

1,086 posts, read 442,492 times

Advertisements

Even active duty, my friends son at Lejeune said Marines unhappy. I voted for Trump but this is his biggest mistake by far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2019, 11:20 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Not a single active and retired person I know really cares at all.

At that, I knew plenty that were angry, including myself, over the Iraq invasion. But that did not exactly sway policy now did it.

This is one of the few policy actions I agree with Trump about, just as it was one of the few I disagreed with Obama about. Being in Syria is an illegal occupation period, no debate can change that, the US was not invited. Even if invited, we should not be sending troops into the middle of their conflict. But as Admiral Kimmel said;

"Seventeen years later the United States stands poised once more on the brink of shooting war. If the fighting must start again, let us demand the full truth in advance as a condition precedent to the conflict. Are we again bound by secret commitments which put the interest of other countries ahead of the interests of the United States? Are our far-flung armed forces spread around the world for our own defense, or as an assurance that we will automatically participate in every brushfire that breaks out any place on earth? The terrible truth about Pearl Harbor should galvanize our foreign policy with impenetrable armor of our own national self interest."

Old 10-13-2019, 11:21 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,147,283 times
Really? Because I know some marines who are happy. They're glad that they aren't being used as rent-a-soldiers by other countries.

Old 10-13-2019, 11:25 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Really? Because I know some marines who are happy. They're glad that they aren't being used as rent-a-soldiers by other countries.
Saudi Arabia

Old 10-13-2019, 12:02 PM

4,661 posts, read 1,953,608 times
I mentioned this on another thread on the same subject and i will mention it here. Relative who fought at the end of Vietnam in the Special Forces always said how upset he was that we left, feeling we had abandoned all the people who had fought with us. He also felt we could have won if only the politicians didn't tie their hands. Yet i think there are a lot of mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers who wished we left 10000 dead earlier or 20, or 30. or better yet never got involved in the first place. The people in the Mid-east hate each other and have been fighting for centuries only they can find a way to peace, its not our fight. The Kurds want us there so they can form their Kurdish State without fear of Syrian or Turkish intervention. Meanwhile Kurds slip over the border and commit acts of Terrorism in Turkey behind an American Shield. That is not our job.

Old 10-13-2019, 12:10 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
The Kurds have cut a deal with Russia and Russian backed Syrian forces to launch a counter-offensive to drive the Turks out. Putin will have control over Syria now and Iran will soon take over Iraq. Putin wins. Coincidence again? It certainly looks as though Trump is acting on Putin's orders.

Old 10-13-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
LOL. Army maybe, but I have never heard of a Marine who did not want to be fighting somebody. Anyway, you can't be serious? Did you not hear that Trump is sending thousands of Marines and others to Saudi Arabia and that Saudi Arabia is paying for them. You can't get more mercenary than that.

Old 10-13-2019, 12:15 PM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
If the dog faces are that committed they should go AWOL,form mercenary groups and fight the russians (russians again lol) .
Of course they'll lose their taxpayer funded paychecks and bennies

Old 10-13-2019, 12:15 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
Even active duty, my friends son at Lejeune said Marines unhappy. I voted for Trump but this is his biggest mistake by far.
You and your son & all his friends.must have missed the Defence Secretary’s Press Conference on Friday.
Look it up, I’m sure it’s posted. No retreat, he said.

Old 10-13-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
You and your son & all his friends.must have missed the Defence Secretary’s Press Conference on Friday.
Look it up, I’m sure it’s posted. No retreat, he said.
They have no choice now but to turn tail and run. Turks are coming from the north and Russians from the south. Just a week ago it was fairly quiet and peaceful there. Trump upset the balance of power and started a new war. It's gonna be a while and many thousands of lives lost before it ends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies