Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2019, 05:21 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,425,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
The economy did great from 12-16, which was Obama's 2nd term and the last year of his first term. Or were you not paying attention....
that isn't true...you are partisan to the point of being dishonest.

this isn't surprising coming from you given you compared Trump to Mitt Romney. that's bad political analysis regardless of how you vote

Trump also has the advantage of running on a good economy against people who think men using female restrooms and playing female sports is imnportant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2019, 05:24 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,646,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
that isn't true...you are partisan to the point of being dishonest.
It is true. It might not have been true in Bumblescum, Mississippi; but it was definitely true in the major cities, including Phoenix here. I was first hand seeing things turn around by the summer of 2012 after a down period from the fall of 08 that lasted until the summer of 2011

Old 10-20-2019, 05:27 PM

I'm sure it was great for government workers and you seem to be that kind of personality.

you think you are something else because you live in a big city. wow there's no poverty in Phoniex, everybody has it made especially under OBama

Old 10-20-2019, 05:31 PM

Quote:
I'm sure it was great for government workers and you seem to be that kind of personality.

you are something else because you live in a big city. wow there's no poverty in Phoniex, everybody has it made especially under OBama
A. I'm not a government worker.
B. You accuse me of being partisan, when you're just as partisan (if not more so) on the other side
C. Yes, the day of the small town is numbered. That's just the modern economy. Everyone who needs to work for a living and doesn't want to settle for despair is moving to the big cities. It's where the jobs that pay good are

Old 10-20-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
A. I'm not a government worker.
B. You accuse me of being partisan, when you're just as partisan (if not more so) on the other side
C. Yes, the day of the small town is numbered. That's just the modern economy. Everyone who needs to work for a living and doesn't want to settle for despair is moving to the big cities. It's where the jobs that pay good are
I don't think anybody needs job advice from you. You come across like a AOC

the small towns have always been small so there really no need for you to say this.

I was responding to your derisision of small towns in the south like you think you are something else. You seem like a pretentious person.

How do you get to the point that you think you are amazing b/cyou live in Phoniex or any city. You are sneering about small towns in the south as though there's no poverty in Phoniex.

Leftwingers act like there no poverty in urban areas but that where most of hte poor people are in this country. Rural areas by definition are sparsely populated.

Old 10-20-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
I don't think anybody needs job advice from you. You come across like a AOC

the small towns have always been small so there really no need for you to say this.

I was responding to your derisision of small towns in the south like you think you are something else. You seem like a pretentious person.

How do you get to the point that you are amazing b/c of you live in Phoniex or any city
That wasn't my point. My point was the fact that tRump supporters would point to coal mining in West Virginia and Kentucky declining as a bench mark to say that the economy was not improving under Obama as an example. That is fallacious and has more to do with the reduced demand for coal

Old 10-20-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
That wasn't my point. My point was the fact that tRump supporters would point to coal mining in West Virginia and Kentucky declining as a bench mark to say that the economy was not improving under Obama as an example. That is fallacious and has more to do with the reduced demand for coal
You are uninformed...OBama and Democrats had regulations that were designed to kill the coal industry.

The demand for coal didn't go away....it is a great and inexpensive energy source.

Your crazy radical environmentalist party 's policies has hurt coal states.

That's the perfect issue to demonstrate to voters that your party's policies hurt the economy.

Old 10-20-2019, 05:54 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,321,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
You mean the lack of gentiles and Protestants?
Yes. Three out of the four Democrat appointees on the Court belong to one small ethnic group. Do you call that diversity? Or a court that "looks like America?" I sure don't.

Old 10-20-2019, 05:56 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,397,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
It will be my first time being old enough to vote in 2020 and I am excited. However, my options will be the Democratic Candidate or one of the Smaller Party Candidates. I can't see myself voting for Trump.

Before I list why, I want to make it clear that no....not all Trump supporters are bad and Trump himself isn't 100% bad...we are all a mixed bag of good and bad.

Trump is too unstable. He constantly is flip flopping...waffling...telling half truths...insulting people...attacking people...saying things that just aren't so. It is so stressful keeping up with his antics. It turns off our allies around the globe. We need a stable adult in charge willing to make tough decisions. His instability causes chaos and coupled with the constant insults prevents him from building successful coalitions. Meanwhile big issues go unchecked...in part because of his inability to build coalitions.

Has the media been 100% fair to Trump? Of course not. But has Trump been 100% fair to the American people and many individuals? Of course not.

I say this as the daughter of a father who was extremely unstable with alcohol and gambling issues after my mother died. I know I am likely to get mocked for this...but Trump reminds me of my dad's instability and causes stress. Everyday it is a new problem. Everyday it is a new insult. Everyday it is instability and irresponsibility.

I crave for responsible and stable adults in positions of power...and Trump simply is neither.

You can mock me if you must....I won't mock back.

P.S. I am not saying Trump is a drunken gambler. I am saying that his instability reminds me of my dad's instability and irresponsibility who is.
Yeah, I think this is sound logic here. The first presidential election I participated in was in 2000. In hindsight both candidates in that election, George W. Bush and Al Gore, were leagues above Trump in stability, professionalism and demeanor. I miss those days where I could wake up the day after an election and shrug my shoulders at the results knowing that the country was going to be in decent hands with either candidate as the victor.

Old 10-20-2019, 06:00 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,593,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Something to think about. Would your mother have stood by your father if you and everyone else knew that your dad was getting a hummer in the office? Because if you would have voted for Hillary that would have been a dilemma. But, we don't hire POTUS for their booze or sex history.

It sounds as though you don't.

That doesn't mean other people don't.

If someone is willing to cheat on their spouse, there's no telling what else they might cheat on. It's a character flaw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies