Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 07:05 AM

73,081 posts, read 62,717,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Exactly. Some posters really lack exposure.
Not just that, but some people are intent on being willfully ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2019, 07:13 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,379,211 times
Quote:
First and foremost, white women are the largest beneficiaries of affirmative action. So yes, you are lying. Furthermore, affirmative action was instituted at a time when whites refused to allow other qualified minorities, especially blacks, to attend the same institutions, be employed in many positions etc. If not for affirmative action, many whites would choose less qualified whites over equally or more qualified minorities. That is the reason quotas were initially instituted and AA policies have grown and been tweaked since then.

Need I remind you of Abigail Fisher, the less qualified white woman who claimed she wasn’t admitted to UT-Austin due to AA policies. Only to find out that, 42 white students with lower scores were admitted over her and only 5 with lower scores were black or latino. Keep trying to blame certain minorities for your failures in achievement. We will continue to attend the nation’s best institutions and become even more successful.

You don’t to determine what is first and foremost in someone else’s identity. For you, your race is first and foremost because you place the most emphasis on race. For her, her culture/ethnicity might be most important. She doesn’t “claim eligibility” for Hispanic preference. She’s Hispanic...period.

LOLOL...nope. Her statement was that Anglo whites were the ones that had a problem with her being a white Cuban and so she is speaking out on the issue. Anglo whites were hostile toward her. Of course, you label her racist for speaking about it. Not surprising.
Triggered!

Old 10-18-2019, 07:37 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,320,078 times
Quote:
By her skin color. What’s the big deal? There are plenty Hispanics like her.

I’ll leave the smoking to you. I don’t defile my body with smoke, alcohol or trash food...FAT lou.
Yes, I'm pretty surprised to see a non-Jewish woman who has pale skin and is likely of 100% European stock whining about how she's a victim of white people. What are you saying, that you buy into her b.s.? Why? She's pulling off the racket of the century, and I'm usually against people harassing college speakers, but in her case I'll gladly make an exception.

But I am curious about what it takes to be a "person of color" and a victim of the white man. You just have to say you are, I guess? All right, here it is: I'm a person of color, and I'm tired of being beaten down by those who have white privilege. Now where's my professor of victim's studies position?

Last edited by fat lou; 10-18-2019 at 07:46 AM..

Old 10-18-2019, 07:44 AM

63,005 posts, read 29,216,871 times
Incorrect, blacks are the largest recipients of our welfare dollars and affirmative action percentage wise to their population numbers and I'm sure most of them are women.

Old 10-18-2019, 07:46 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,190,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Triggered!
No intelligent response, of course!

Old 10-18-2019, 07:49 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,643,460 times
Boy, has this thread derailed.

She made ignorant comments and the students responded by burning her books.

Big whoop.

Old 10-18-2019, 07:50 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,549,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Not a fan of book burning, but.............

Of course you're not.

Old 10-18-2019, 07:52 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,190,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Yes, I'm pretty surprised to see a non-Jewish woman who has pale skin and is likely of 100% European stock whining about how she's a victim of white people. What are you saying, that you buy into her b.s.? Why? She's pulling off the racket of the century, and I'm usually against people harassing college speakers, but in her case I'll gladly make an exception.
That’s a huge assumption to make regarding her heritage. She is predominantly white but plenty Caribbean Latinos are mixed. Looking at her, it is easy to see why individuals might deem her to have some mixture. She isn’t that pale. It just depends.

I have yet to read her books or hear a complete audio of her presentation. However, what I have seen is a bunch of unruly college students who cannot handle differing opinions in a civil manner.

Also, I wouldn’t assume that she is non-Jewish. There are Cuban Jews. Many of them migrated so she could very well be of Jewish descent.

Old 10-18-2019, 08:07 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,379,211 times
Quote:
No intelligent response, of course!
Intelligent response to what, your racism?

Old 10-18-2019, 08:09 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,320,078 times
Quote:
That’s a huge assumption to make regarding her heritage. She is predominantly white but plenty Caribbean Latinos are mixed. Looking at her, it is easy to see why individuals might deem her to have some mixture. She isn’t that pale. It just depends.

I have yet to read her books or hear a complete audio of her presentation. However, what I have seen is a bunch of unruly college students who cannot handle differing opinions in a civil manner.

Also, I wouldn’t assume that she is non-Jewish. There are Cuban Jews. Many of them migrated so she could very well be of Jewish descent.
Cut the bull, in the Jim Crow south this woman would have sat in the front of the bus and no one would have batted an eye. I'm guessing that you must also be a "white hispanic" who's falsely using the victim card to get ahead, the way you keep arguing about this.

But it's interesting that the man who the term white hispanic was invented for was deemed to be a white man by the left, because it suited their purposes.

So here's how it goes folks. Racist white man:

https://timedotcom.files.wordpress.c...-461276956.jpg

"Person of Color" victim of the white man:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennin...rucet_2015.jpg

Make sense? No? Didn't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies