Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 02:32 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times

Advertisements

arguably wrong forum, but I'm going to chime in anyway that Warren is a far better candidate than Biden. There are good reasons why Biden ran twice and failed twice for the nomination previously. He has a lengthy history of corruption that has been widely covered.

Like Trump he has no filter on his pie-hole. He says what comes to mind. Once he was trying to tout himself as blue-collar Joe, and made a comment about a "Katie's Restaurant" in Wilmington Delaware.
https://www.delawareonline.com/story...azed/17172745/

Quote:
Near the debate's end, he said, "All you have to do is go down Union Street with me in Wilmington and go to Katie's Restaurant or walk into Home Depot with me where I spend a lot of time.... "
It turned out that Katie's restaurant was long closed, and it was never located on Union St.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRFWuTUgUVY

Old 10-18-2019, 03:09 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Washington insiders hate Trump, as he threatens their cash cow- political corruption as the norm.
Oh, c'mon man, seriously? Can anyone not blinkered by partisanship find another example of corruption anywhere close to what we've witnessed under the Trump administration? I guarantee you cannot because you have to go back to the roaring 20's, almost a century, to find anything that even comes close.

Old 10-18-2019, 05:02 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
From that article:

...Biden told the crowd, “A tractor-trailer, a guy who allegedly — and I never pursued it — drank his lunch instead of eating his lunch, broadsided my family and killed my wife instantly and killed my daughter instantly and hospitalized my two sons …”...

So, your position is that no one ever told Joe the truck driver was a drinker?

The quote openly states that he doesn't know if the guy was a drinker/drunk or not. So, unless no one ever alleged to Joe that Mr. Dunn was a drinker, how is this a lie?

Also, it's not uncommon for people who suffer a tragedy like this to hold on to highly unlikely theories about the "why" because it brings them comfort.

This story is a giant "meh".

If he never pursued it, and if he has no evidence to back his claim, why subject an innocent man and his family to slander?

Old 10-18-2019, 05:37 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
If he never pursued it, and if he has no evidence to back his claim, why subject an innocent man and his family to slander?
IIRC recently I heard even Michael Medved, voice of the moderate right, say that Biden should have apologized over the incident, but he never did. If he had just had the decency to apologized, few would hold him to account for things said in mourning after the loss of family members in an accident.

Old 10-18-2019, 05:44 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Great news. I hope Biden will be the Dem nominee. A guy who has been in politics for 40 years and has accomplished nothing
He does have accomplishments, which ironically enough are now “baggage.”

How do you not know this?

Old 10-18-2019, 05:52 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
He does have accomplishments, which ironically enough are now “baggage.”

How do you not know this?
What accomplishments?

Old 10-18-2019, 05:56 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Great news. I hope Biden will be the Dem nominee. A guy who has been in politics for 40 years and has accomplished nothing
I would take nothing over a traitor any day.

Old 10-18-2019, 06:05 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
…and it just struck me that this country could actually be normal again in another year, and this freak show government of ours, the one dripping with sleaze, corruption, lies, and shame could be booted out and the White House could be hosed down and scrubbed with bleach.

After these past 3 years, I've lost sight of what feeling proud of your country can be like.
I think some things would revert to "normal" really quickly. I think all our traditional allies would forgive and forget instantly.

But I fear that the degraded discourse and the paranoia of Trumpers will be with us for quite a while.

Old 10-18-2019, 06:36 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,748,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
…and it just struck me that this country could actually be normal again in another year, and this freak show government of ours, the one dripping with sleaze, corruption, lies, and shame could be booted out and the White House could be hosed down and scrubbed with bleach.

After these past 3 years, I've lost sight of what feeling proud of your country can be like.
Biden has been in office for three decades and he wants to blame all of this country's problems on three years of Trump?

Old 10-18-2019, 07:34 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Biden has been in office for three decades and he wants to blame all of this country's problems on three years of Trump?
I don't remember him ever doing that. He blames Trump for what Trump is responsible for. I personally believe that old Joe is the Democrats best shot, everyone else is beatable. It's a shame there is not someone younger who can gain traction with both middle America and minorities, but it appears to me, at least, that Joe is the guy.

Rather than complain about the lack of a younger alternative to Trump, I'll just remember that the last two Republican Presidents were George W. Bush and Donald J. Trump.

'Nuff said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies