Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 12:46 PM

8,564 posts, read 10,984,238 times

Advertisements

Most, if not all dems are really pissed that Hillary lost in 2016.
That being the case, why didn't they insist she run to see if the outcome would be different for 2020?
Most dems stated the election was stolen out from under her.
Many in that party feel she ran a bad campaign, and has to much baggage to enter the 2020 race.
That being the case, then why are they still carrying such a grudge because Hillary lost that election?
If she is now , so unimportant to the dems, why don't they just forget the election of 2016, and get over all this hatred?

Name me one dem that is not angry about the 2016 election, and has no hate and disgust for the current resident in the white house.

It's like a football game, when one play is questioned, and in the instant playback, it looks like the play should have been scuttled, and replayed.
The dems are crying foul,but won't have a replay to even the score.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2019, 12:53 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,762,417 times
The only explanation I have is that they blame Hillary for giving us Trump. Trump is her fault.
Except, they blame the Russians. Perhaps Hillary is a Russian asset? Who knows. Maybe all of us and our pet dogs are Russian assets.
One thing's for sure, life is highly entertaining when people throw 3 year-long fits over an..... election.
We have them every 4 years. Don't get angry, just try harder next time.

Old 10-18-2019, 12:54 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,164,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
That being the case, why didn't they insist she run to see if the outcome would be different for 2020?
Most dems stated the election was stolen out from under her.
Many in that party feel she ran a bad campaign, and has to much baggage to enter the 2020 race.
That being the case, then why are they still carrying such a grudge because Hillary lost that election?
If she is now , so unimportant to the dems, why don't they just forget the election of 2016, and get over all this hatred?

Name me one dem that is not angry about the 2016 election, and has no hate and disgust for the current resident in the white house.

It's like a football game, when one play is questioned, and in the instant playback, it looks like the play should have been scuttled, and replayed.
The dems are crying foul,but won't have a replay to even the score.

Bob.

I think you answered your own question Bob. I think it's a combination of having too much baggage, the Democrats want to move on from the Clintons and get some new blood in the party and her apparent unlikability. Just something about her that gives people reservation.

Old 10-18-2019, 12:54 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,546,294 times
I don't think there's a single democrat anywhere who wants Hillary to run again. It is 100% Trumpling fantasy.

Old 10-18-2019, 12:57 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,260,346 times
Yeah I work and associate with some pretty liberal folks. None of them are wishing we could have a Hillary presidency. Many are upset about how the DNC screwed over Bernie.

Old 10-18-2019, 12:58 PM

2,419 posts, read 2,989,879 times
What's obvious here is that it's the reps who can't seem to let the 2016 election go. Dems don't even think about Hillary Clinton anymore, let alone talk about her, and yet the reps won't stop talking about her and 2016. We've moved on. I suggest you consider doing the same.

Old 10-18-2019, 01:06 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,727,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
To the extent that most dems are pissed about the 2016 election, it is because Trump won, not that Clinton lost. Since dems aren't behaving as you would expect based on your premise (dems hate Trump because they begrudge Clinton's loss) consider the possibility that your premise is not correct.

Old 10-18-2019, 01:07 PM

5,984 posts, read 2,239,391 times
I think its the same reason Republicans did not go back to the Bush family. The Sir names wear thin and people get tired of rehashing the same arguments about a person. Even supporters of politicians get bored and irritated at having to defend a particular politician's trash behavior.

I don't think Democrats were all that crazy about Clinton, in fact I think if Republicans would have ran a more traditional candidate the win would have been bigger for Republicans.

I do not share the idea that Trump was the "Uniquely qualified to beat Clinton", I argue the opposite. Trump did everything he could to try and lose the campaign. If Hillary wasn't so lazy and went to Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin she might still have won. Trump is entertaining to the 35% or so that love him. The rest of us have never bought into the carnival barker style he uses.

Old 10-18-2019, 01:22 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,762,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post

I do not share the idea that Trump was the "Uniquely qualified to beat Clinton", I argue the opposite. Trump did everything he could to try and lose the campaign. If Hillary wasn't so lazy and went to Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin she might still have won.
I'm no fan of how Trump carries himself either, but I don't think those three states would have went to just any ol' republican.

Old 10-18-2019, 01:29 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,246,227 times
I'm not a Dem but I will probably vote Dem for the rest of my life things being what they are today. I backed Bernie in '16. I don't want to vote for Clinton. Clinton is older than I am and I am older than dirt. So is Bernie, and Warren and Biden and Trump. To hell with all of them. Get out the way! It's time for my kid's generation to take over. We boomers have left a mess for them, but it's their future. I won't have a say in the primaries because of my state laws, but I hope the Dems pick Buttigieg or Gabbard or someone younger than 60. That said, for me it is anybody but Trump so I will vote for whatever Dem is on the ballot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies