Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2019, 06:28 AM

20,153 posts, read 9,043,504 times

Advertisements

you have to be delusional to believe Senate Republicans would vote to convict and remove Trump from office over this.

It's ludicrous. But we saw the same delusions during the Russian hoax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2019, 06:29 AM

20,153 posts, read 9,043,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Like the democrats haven't been doing the same exact type of thing, forever, in order to improve their political prospects. And I think Trump mainly withheld the money so that Ukraine would investigate CORRUPTION. The fact that Biden's son was on the board of the gas company when he really had no career skills that would lead to that kind of a job -- would be reason enough in my book.
Biden's a 44 year veteran of the swamp.

Old 10-23-2019, 06:33 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,238,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post
Reading through it, it appears to be written by the DNC.

And they obtained what they are seeking. Another " bombshell" for CNN and MSNBC.

The only problem is that the actual words by POTUS , despite the lies by Adam Schiff"s acting debut, never put it all in one sentence. It is all " connect the dots" by I heard , he said, I heard he said that he said ....but he didn't believe what was said , I was concerned....

For a " high crime and misdemeanor" it needs to be clear. Very clear.

Didn't the DOJ say there wasn't a crime committed? So what exactly, is the crime ?
Then you can read the actual transcript, for the effort of googling.

" High crimes and Misdemeanors" are not defined in the Constitution. They are whatever Congress decides they are, and are not necessarily tied to a criminal action.

"Text of Article 2, Section 4:

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."

This may help explain a bit further:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitu...hable-offenses

Old 10-23-2019, 06:35 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,238,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I care about the economy, the Ukraine is a yawner. Nobody cares except those still smarting from the Russian hoax they were all in on. Trump's not getting removed from office over the "latest high crimes" he's committed. Wake up libs, you have no credible choice to replace him with.
If Pence is also in on it, "President Nancy" may be in your future.

Old 10-23-2019, 06:39 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,592,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If Pence is also in on it, "President Nancy" may be in your future.
Not a snowballs chance in hell. Please be serious.

Old 10-23-2019, 06:39 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,837,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWinterSnow View Post
All hear say, where's the proof? and yes even with proof I am still voting for Trump!!!
Thanks for bumping my post. If you don't care if there is proof or not then don't ask for it.

Old 10-23-2019, 06:44 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,295,082 times
Trump still isn't going anywhere because the Senate would never vote to convict - and least of all in an election year. You people on the left are continuing to waste your time and the country's time. It is really sad that you just can't let go of the 2016 election. If only the golden girl had campaigned a little smarter, LOL.

Old 10-23-2019, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Trump still isn't going anywhere because the Senate would never vote to convict - and least of all in an election year. You people on the left are continuing to waste your time and the country's time. It is really sad that you just can't let go of the 2016 election. If only the golden girl had campaigned a little smarter, LOL.
Yea, we are all WELL aware that Trump's base doesn't give 2 s**ts about the rule of law. Luckily, they are a rapidly shrinking minority.

Old 10-23-2019, 06:55 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,295,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Yea, we are all WELL aware that Trump's base doesn't give 2 s**ts about the rule of law. Luckily, they are a rapidly shrinking minority.
Yeah, like your side cares any more. Hillary committed major crimes that would have landed anyone else in prison. Yet she skates away again, unscathed. GIVE ME A BREAK

Old 10-23-2019, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Yeah, like your side cares any more. Hillary committed major crimes that would have landed anyone else in prison. Yet she skates away again, unscathed. GIVE ME A BREAK

Republicans had all three branches of government for quite a long time, why didn't they do anything about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies