Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 05:28 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,450,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I have to l laugh because at the core of it she wants what trump wants. An end to taxpayers projecting power around the world, troops out of foreign entanglements, and stopping things like foreign aid.

Yes, just like trump.

She’s just using different words to describe the same goal. Why does trump hate America?
Populist words directed at war weary voters, nothing more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2019, 05:31 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I have no idea, I'm not Omar. I'm sure she could give you examples she feels are relevant, though.

I couldn't care less what this lady says, personally. She's not my Representative.

But you don't hesitate to comment on it. She may not say it, but I will tell you what she thinks American Imperialism is to her. The U.S. fighting MUSLIM TERRORIST groups like ISIS and Al Queda is imperialism. OK? She is just fine with Muslim terrorism and innocent people dying.

Old 11-04-2019, 05:43 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Abandoning imperialism is “weakening the country?”

That’s strange. Never heard that one before.

Being the world police is the lesser of two evils.

In a perfect world, it wouldn't be necessary

But the world isn't perfect........and If we don't do it, then someone else will surely take our place.

And I don't know about you......

But I'd rather be the Police than the policed.

Old 11-04-2019, 05:48 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
But you don't hesitate to comment on it. She may not say it, but I will tell you what she thinks American Imperialism is to her. The U.S. fighting MUSLIM TERRORIST groups like ISIS and Al Queda is imperialism. OK? She is just fine with Muslim terrorism and innocent people dying.
Exactly! This antisemite was the keynote speaker at CAIR, an Islamic organization known for its support of terrorist groups.

https://m.jpost.com/Diaspora/Ilhan-O...banquet-581083

Old 11-04-2019, 05:49 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Being the world police is the lesser of two evils.

In a perfect world, it wouldn't be necessary

But the world isn't perfect........and If we don't do it, then someone else will surely take our place.

And I don't know about you......

But I'd rather be the Police than the policed.
Its not 1812 anymore, the US has nukes and there is this thing called mutually assured destruction.

Old 11-04-2019, 05:55 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Godwin's law on the first page. Nicely done.

I bet if you think real hard, you can identify more than one way those two "opinions" are markedly different, Rachel.

Have a great week!
Sure.....but there are also ways they are similar. The intent is to raise disdain for either a group of people, or for the country one was elected to help lead. It's demonization through lies,

I'm beginning to think she's a terrorist plant, to destroy America from the inside. She certainly was happy to speak at an Islamic group with known terrorist ties,

Old 11-04-2019, 05:59 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Don't many of you folks want the USA out of other countries around the world?

You want the USA out of other countries and their business. She's saying the SAME thing.

You love America for wanting the USA to get out other countries. She's a refugee hating American for wanting the USA to get out of other countries.

Old 11-04-2019, 06:02 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Imperialism means that we colonize and exploit other countries. Last time I checked, for the past several decades we've been pouring Billions into foreign countries in order for them to improve themselves with absolutely NO GAIN to the United Sates. How is that imperialism?

Omar is just a LIAR using false rhetoric to advance her Far Left oppressive, domestic agenda.

Perhaps she was referencing President Trump's stated desire to take over oil fields in other countries.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/keep...ry?id=66589757

Old 11-04-2019, 06:04 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
REd and Blue complain about the USA involvement in other countries. It has been an ongoing discussion for years.

Old 11-04-2019, 06:07 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Perhaps she was referencing President Trump's stated desire to take over oil fields in other countries.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/keep...ry?id=66589757

Nothing wrong with protecting the worldwide flow of oil as that creates global STABILTIY. We are not profiting by it, in fact it is COSTING US huge dollars. So if we don't profit, or actually take them over as U.S. property, how is that Imperialism? Not surprised ABC would spin it that way though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies