Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2019, 09:54 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The reason is, if the Germans had stood up to Adolph Hitler, when he was rising to power, think how different things would have been. But, he found enough disenchanted Germans to support him, and the rest is history.

People should learn from history and not make the same mistakes. We, on the left, see Trump for what he is, and that is why we will not let what happened in Germany happen here. If you guys want to plant your heads in the sand, fine, but move over, we are going to make sure our country stays safe and secure.
History is a subject that everyone should study. Since you evidently didn’t spare more than a cursory glance at Hitler, let me help you out.

Hitler was able to come to power because Germany was a democracy. The popular vote decided the winner. Our Electoral College - the system that Democrats are gung-ho to do away with - keeps another Hitler from rising to power. The scariest thing about Hitler, much like the current and most recent Democrat candidates, was that he not only believed that he was morally superior, he was able to convince a majority of the population that he was correct in his belief.

Even Trump’s supporters don’t consider him morally superior to pretty much anyone. 2016 wasn’t about moral superiority. It was about choosing a flawed individual who could fix the damage that Obama caused over someone who promised to continue down the same path and showed herself as being convinced of her own moral superiority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2019, 09:55 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Something we can agree on then. So long as unlimited isn't defined as "more than we have now". If there are jobs for them, we need them. If there aren't we don't. If we let all Hotel maids (for example) alone and made them legal, Hotel maids of all races would make more money and we'd have more taxes to patrol the border in a way that would actually work and to investigate the bad ones that are here and ship them out.
I do not support automatically making them legal. What about the kids, the husbands, the parents, the grandparents, the extended family? What you are proposing is a Trojan horse for blanket amnesty and that is a hard NO from me.

Old 11-04-2019, 09:56 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Isn't part of Warrens plan is to legalize people here and according to her put them into system to help pay for her silly plans.

Not sure how millions of low wage earners are going to help much with all of that. ....
Some money coming in is better than no money coming in. Knowing where and who lives in our country is more important than punishing people for a perceived injustice.

Warren is definitely not my horse though. She panders way too much to the far left.

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The Left has been fighting against Trump so hard because they themselves are guilty of what they have been accusing him of.
First it was Hillary and her questionable ties to foreign powers and her "opposition research" but when it comes to Trump it was "COLLUSION!". Obstruction of Justice is another common issue. How about the Stormy Daniels debacle? Is there a politician today that doesn't have some type of sex scandal living in a closet somewhere? Joe Biden as VP bragged about actually holding aide over the head of the Ukraine but that is Ok but the Dems read between the lines of the transcript and suddenly it is an impeachable offense!

If the Dems lite a big enough fire under Trump and keep it going the smoke will obscure what they themselves are guilty of.
I'm sorry but you have it backwards. The right is continually counter-accusing the left of various misdeeds because they know Trump is guilty of all the things he's accused of. The right's only defense is to deflect.

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
History is a subject that everyone should study. Since you evidently didn’t spare more than a cursory glance at Hitler, let me help you out.

Hitler was able to come to power because Germany was a democracy. The popular vote decided the winner. Our Electoral College - the system that Democrats are gung-ho to do away with - keeps another Hitler from rising to power. The scariest thing about Hitler, much like the current and most recent Democrat candidates, was that he not only believed that he was morally superior, he was able to convince a majority of the population that he was correct in his belief.

Even Trump’s supporters don’t consider him morally superior to pretty much anyone. 2016 wasn’t about moral superiority. It was about choosing a flawed individual who could fix the damage that Obama caused over someone who promised to continue down the same path and showed herself as being convinced of her own moral superiority.
And yet Trump will be impeached like a dog.

Old 11-04-2019, 09:57 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Some money coming in is better than no money coming in. Knowing where and who lives in our country is more important than punishing people for a perceived injustice.

Warren is definitely not my horse though. She panders way too much to the far left.
It's not a perceived injustice. It's breaking a law. It's an actual injustice.

Old 11-04-2019, 09:57 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
We are not fighting against Trump, but for the soul of country which us under assault by Trump.
I disagree. I think the fight for the soul of the country is really with the people who elected Trump. The increase in naked greed masked as moral authority of wealth is stunning and alarming. Though in shamefaced religiously whitewashed bull**** around social injustice, and people like me are beyond gobsmacked. Trump is not the problem. Trump is an emblem of the problem. The minds and lack of interest in using them are the problem.

Old 11-04-2019, 09:59 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I wish the Democrats would stop depending on CNN and WAPO for their news. They need to OPEN their eyes. At least they were warned.... I hope they stock up on Kleenex again.
If you`re getting your news from FOX researchers tell us that my German Shepherd is more informed than you and she only watches Rin-Tin-Tin reruns.

read:http://www.businessinsider.com/study...-at-all-2012-5
Without using Google do you know what the capitol of Canada is? How about the Dalai Lama`s religion? These are just a couple of the things FOX viewers struggle with more than normal people do.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2.../#21ca984c12ab

Old 11-04-2019, 09:59 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Exactly. It's so strange how everyone surrounding Trump is corrupt and out to get him. No other president had that problem. Methinks the problem is the source.
Bush II had the same problem every night on David Letterman's program, seeking to make him look like an clueless idiot.

Old 11-04-2019, 10:00 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
I do not support automatically making them legal. What about the kids, the husbands, the parents, the grandparents, the extended family? What you are proposing is a Trojan horse for blanket amnesty and that is a hard NO from me.
Why? It's something can happen and then we know who and where they are. That's an important thing.

The alternative is what? Hint: Rounding them all up and shipping them home is one of those stupid talking points politicians use to pander to their far right base, that's NEVER going to happen. Accepting that you can't get retribution for the injustice you see in the scenario, isn't it smarter to know who and where they are than to be still be angry and not know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies