Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 11:31 AM

197 posts, read 97,966 times

Advertisements

Entire tax system is designed to keep productive people working (= paying taxes) for as long as possible to transfer their money to the welfare/warfare-industrial complex. Basically a slave state. Don't blame me .. I tried to get Ron Paul elected in '08 and '12.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2019, 11:38 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallbuilder View Post
Entire tax system is designed to keep productive people working (= paying taxes) for as long as possible to transfer their money to the welfare/warfare-industrial complex. Basically a slave state. Don't blame me .. I tried to get Ron Paul elected in '08 and '12.
Same. And you're correct. It's not just the tax system, but the wild encouragement of debt. The US government may even consider negative interest rates in the hopes of getting people to save less and borrow and spend more.

Temporarily inflates the economy (though at the cost of a much worse crash in the future) and ensures that people will be forced to keep working throughout the temporary boost period and for years after.

Old 11-05-2019, 11:39 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Part of it is, they dont want people to have 'too much' time on their hands. Working people are less likely to revolt or rise up, they are too concerned with their job and possible loss of income.

Old 11-05-2019, 11:45 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,370,331 times
When you're retired you really don't care about rising up and revolting. You're more concerned with keeping the liberals out of office and out of your wallet.

Old 11-05-2019, 11:51 AM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Same. And you're correct. It's not just the tax system, but the wild encouragement of debt. The US government may even consider negative interest rates in the hopes of getting people to save less and borrow and spend more.

Temporarily inflates the economy (though at the cost of a much worse crash in the future) and ensures that people will be forced to keep working throughout the temporary boost period and for years after.

...who cares about 'the wild encouragement of debt' by the government, just don't take the ticket, don't borrow and don't spend money that you don't have, seems pretty simple...what are you a bunch of sheep...and before some knuckle head brings up a mortgage, i'm talking mostly about credit card debt...

...borrow money to spend on stuff you don't need then turn around and blame someone else, priceless...

Old 11-05-2019, 12:02 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:

And here I thought productive people keep working because they are making good money. Silly me.

Old 11-05-2019, 12:05 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...who cares about 'the wild encouragement of debt' by the government, just don't take the ticket, don't borrow and don't spend money that you don't have, seems pretty simple...what are you a bunch of sheep...and before some knuckle head brings up a mortgage, i'm talking mostly about credit card debt...

...borrow money to spend on stuff you don't need then turn around and blame someone else, priceless...
I'm not talking about myself. I avoid any kind of debt like a deadly plague. And yes, the onus is on the people to not take the bait. However, a certain amount of criticism ought to be levied on the government for attempting to bait them in the first place

Old 11-05-2019, 12:53 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
When you're retired you really don't care about rising up and revolting. You're more concerned with keeping the liberals out of office and out of your wallet.
Not everyone who is retired shares your concerns.

Old 11-05-2019, 01:44 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,708,690 times
The gov't wants you to work until the day you retire...and then drop dead.

Old 11-05-2019, 01:51 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Gimme a break. How is the big, bad government forcing you to keep working when you would rather retire?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies