Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2019, 06:14 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You find it acceptable to be a racist against your own race. Got it.

If a the host was white, this story would be BLOWN UP EVERYWHERE. Since he's black, meh, it's perfectly OK to behave that way.

Double standard. Rationalize it anyway you want, it's still racist. /shrug/
Yeah....there is a double standard. Just like you can't say the N word. Just like you can't have a White Entertainment Television, etc, etc. Muuuuuuhhhhhahahahahhahahah!!!!

You got the wealth....you got the power.....you got the banks.....you got the media.....you got the companies,,,etc, etc. What do we got? We got the double standards!!!! Want to trade since you got is so rough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Oh please lol. You are painting with a pretty broad brush there.

I don't know any republican/conservative business owner who would have wanted an employee to handle this the way it was handled.

No business wants to be branded as racist and on top of it seen as if you are someone hiring a bunch of morons who cant handle a difficult customer.
I am talking about the "Host" being a republican/conservative.

Old 11-06-2019, 06:20 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,799,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I am talking about the "Host" being a republican/conservative.
Most conservatives I know are far less bigoted than the libs......you must have had different life experiences. I'm truly sorry you did.....Come hang out and I'll buy ya a beer or three.....

Old 11-06-2019, 06:21 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Yeah....there is a double standard. Just like you can't say the N word. Just like you can't have a White Entertainment Television, etc, etc. Muuuuuuhhhhhahahahahhahahah!!!!

You got the wealth....you got the power.....you got the banks.....you got the media.....you got the companies,,,etc, etc. What do we got? We got the double standards!!!! Want to trade since you got is so rough?
What the heck are you even talking about? Like being a victim of your own victimless?

It's racist. Period. Get over it.

Old 11-06-2019, 06:30 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
You still are not answering the question. When did America change over from racist to passively racist to the degree that you think this is a hoax.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/patient...-open-secrets/
a 6 year old article describing not more than 3 instances.

Old 11-06-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Wait, what? You think it's a hosts job to tell black customers they need to sit in the coloreds section?
I am saying that that the host was just an instrument of racism. Black people have been instruments of racism for centuries. People have always put their perceived self interest above group interest. I don't think the host was a racist. If the host were white, yes, I would think they may have a greater probability to being a racist too.

If the host were half the whites commenting on this topic.....I would say they were complicit in the racism. Think about that, dissenters. If a black person came to you telling you something was racist....you would not be receptive just as you are not receptive to this. You are so unperceptive to black claims.....that it borders on racist. It represents NO respect for blacks. Yeah...there have been some fake claims.....but like I said....there have been many people locked up and sent to prison for crimes they did not commit, only to be exonerated years or decades later. Does that discredit policing and the courts as much as incorrect or false claims discredits black claims of racism? There has been a 300 plus years of evidence of white racism against blacks.....and POOF.....just like that....it was gone.

Old 11-06-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
a 6 year old article describing not more than 3 instances.

Wow....6 years ago is a long time. I guess everyone involved is now dead and buried.....like slaves and slave owners huh? Those were the only incident that they talked about....there were more. Again, the assumption is that EVERY incident is reported. Like I said, many black people are not going to fight the battle. Many feel that if a white person does not want their care, as a nurse, they don't want to care for them either. If its not cost the black person anything, like money or opportunity, they are not going to make a stink about looking after someone who does not want them to look after them. Like I said, I can't use my life to prove anything about the big picture, but I know Africans who do in home health care....and many have shared with me the racism of the older white people. One of my friends told me that an elderly women asked her daughter "Is that N166er still out their"? My reaction was to laugh. He laughed too while telling me. She is almost dead..probably dead now. Not a threat.

Old 11-06-2019, 06:42 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
I am saying that that the host was just an instrument of racism. Black people have been instruments of racism for centuries. People have always put their perceived self interest above group interest. I don't think the host was a racist. If the host were white, yes, I would think they may have a greater probability to being a racist too.

If the host were half the whites commenting on this topic.....I would say they were complicit in the racism. Think about that, dissenters. If a black person came to you telling you something was racist....you would not be receptive just as you are not receptive to this. You are so unperceptive to black claims.....that it borders on racist. It represents NO respect for blacks. Yeah...there have been some fake claims.....but like I said....there have been many people locked up and sent to prison for crimes they did not commit, only to be exonerated years or decades later. Does that discredit policing and the courts as much as incorrect or false claims discredits black claims of racism? There has been a 300 plus years of evidence of white racism against blacks.....and POOF.....just like that....it was gone.
Be the victim. Good on you. Congrats on the perpetual victimhood.

Moving on ...

Old 11-06-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Be the victim. Good on you. Congrats on the perpetual victimhood.

Moving on ...
People like you need a way to caste aspersion on the truth. Hmmmm....what to do what to do.....hmmmm......eureka.......lets try to make them feel guilty for speaking truth by associating a demeaning term to it....like VICTIMHOOD.

Yeah....when you can't call something a lie......you got to call it something else with negative connotations in hopes it will then be seen as a lie....lol.

Old 11-06-2019, 06:54 PM

21,865 posts, read 25,154,836 times
Quote:

What's not receptive about this. It's either true or it's not. If it's true they did the right thing sacking the POS host and manager. I'm not really jumping all over it because of the Chipotle incident. It's just incredible at first glance that they'd do something so stupid but just because restaurant fires someone doesn't mean anything either. Restaurants are so paranoid of being perceived as racist they do just fire people for spurious complaints as well.

That's not really the point though. The point is you think it's a host's job to tell blacks they need to sit in the colored section. Christ. Talk about being your worst enemy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies