Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 02:10 PM

26,582 posts, read 14,449,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
If Bolton testifies that Trump was leveraging strategic aid for personal political favors, Trump supporters will simply call him a never-Trumper, a Democrat operative, and/or regurgitate some off-topic disproved nonsense about Biden.

" but...but...but whistleblower" seems to be popular these days.

Old 11-08-2019, 02:10 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
If Bolton testifies that Trump was leveraging strategic aid for personal political favors, Trump supporters will simply call him a never-Trumper, a Democrat operative, and/or regurgitate some off-topic disproved nonsense about Biden.
I love how this works--and if he doesn't, then the Dems claim that he's either been "compromised" and/or that he's "sticking up for Trump." They'll quietly slink somewhere else in an attempt to develop the next "bombshell." Bolton's testimony on matters--if he tells Dems what they want. If he doesn't, they'll move on to the next one who will allegedly "flip."

I mean how many people are we up to that have basically said nothing to substantiate the allegations at this point? 9? Maybe 10? Dems are still in search of that 7-10 split, and they'll continue to stand the pins up until they can hit it.

Old 11-08-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Be that as it may, it seems like former national security advisor, John Bolton,.... .

didn't the committee cancel the subpoena on bolton this week?

Old 11-08-2019, 02:14 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I love how this works--and if he doesn't, then the Dems claim that he's either been "compromised" and/or that he's "sticking up for Trump." They'll quietly slink somewhere else in an attempt to develop the next "bombshell." Bolton's testimony on matters--if he tells Dems what they want. If he doesn't, they'll move on to the next one who will allegedly "flip"
I'm not a "Dem" so this doesn't apply to me, but if subpoenaed I would suspect he'd testify unless he was blocked by the White House. I would expect, if he testified, that he would tell the truth, whatever that might be. I don't always agree with Bolton's policy, but I have no reason to suspect he'd elevate his loyalty to Trump over his loyalty to the USA.

Old 11-08-2019, 02:15 PM

37,218 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/08/u...n-ukraine.html

I find that many people use the terms of organized crime when they speak about Trump and his administration probably because it acts and conducts itself like a criminal syndicate.

Be that as it may, it seems like former national security advisor, John Bolton, is aware of more meetings regarding Trump's shakedown and extortion attempts on the Ukraine.

Bolton will likely testify at the House impeachment hearing. I don't think Bolton is the toady and flunky Jeff Sessions is so I would expect Bolton to talk freely.

I hope so anyway for the good of the country.
Bolton is waiting to see what the judge has to say about McGahn before he commits to testify. That's why Schiff didn't subpoena him.

I'll guarantee he'll show up, sooner or later. It will mean ten million dollars in publicity for his coming tell-all book next year.

Old 11-08-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
didn't the the committee cancel the subpoena on bolton this week?

ok, looked it up. no subpoena was issued for bolton and unlikely ( at the moment ) that there will be.

https://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/n...uiry/40567705/

"A House intelligence committee official said the panel has no interest in engaging in a drawn-out court fight over a subpoena for Bolton and will simply add the White House’s instructions against testifying as evidence of the president’s obstruction of Congress."

Old 11-08-2019, 02:22 PM

37,218 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
I love how this works--and if he doesn't, then the Dems claim that he's either been "compromised" and/or that he's "sticking up for Trump." They'll quietly slink somewhere else in an attempt to develop the next "bombshell." Bolton's testimony on matters--if he tells Dems what they want. If he doesn't, they'll move on to the next one who will allegedly "flip."

I mean how many people are we up to that have basically said nothing to substantiate the allegations at this point? 9? Maybe 10? Dems are still in search of that 7-10 split, and they'll continue to stand the pins up until they can hit it.
13 witnesses have already corroborated the allegation fo the whistleblower. Bolton, according to a couple of them, was so upset by Trump's actions that he shut down a meeting and left the room, and he called Guilian's actions a "drug deal".

Bolton has a book due out before the election on his time in the WH. He will show up to testify, and he will tell the truth.

Old 11-08-2019, 02:31 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,769,652 times
John Bolton is to Trump as the missing White House tape was to Nixon. Bolton was the closest to Trump in this whole sordid affair. If he testifies that Trump ordered Rudy to pressure Ukraine specifically for the purpose of smearing Biden, Trump is toast.

Old 11-08-2019, 02:39 PM

25,448 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
we've heard this before with Michael Cohen. He was trump's "personal attorney" who has all the secrets who "flipped" and "made a deal" with Mueller..."trump is toast"...or so the Dems proclaimed

And here we are again...with brand new out the box allegations from the Democrat oven while we all sit here and pretend that they weren't wrong the first time.
The witnesses who have come forward have confirmed the whistleblower's complaint. They were all alarmed about Trump's quid pro quo with Ukraine. I know that's an inconvenient truth for you, but there it is.

Old 11-08-2019, 03:17 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
You know I don’t trust Bolton. I suspect his testimony will be at best a mixed blessing for the Democrats seeking impeachment information. However, he should testify, IMO, if he has information about this illegal Trumpian mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies