Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2019, 02:50 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,922,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They are not trying to determine if DACA is constitutional, they are looking into how Trump can end it, which is really a technicality Trump has not figured out yet. So far he has botched his attempts to do it, but obviously an EO can be killed without an act of Congress, so in the end even Trump can manage to kill it.

However, the obvious issues still remain, like the 200 000 kids who are US citizens, and the fact that the 800 000 DACAs are currently employed, and removing them could have an impact to some employers.
Also, removing DACA effects DACA recipients. That & the fact that this President reassured them "they were safe under him and that he would find a way to keep them here". The fact that he is completely untrustworthy & is instead attempting to rescind the very policy that keeps them safe & here.

His attempts are the very definition of "arbitrary & capricious".

As one of lower court's ruling explained:

Quote:
“To be clear: we do not hold that DACA could not be rescinded as an exercise of Executive branch discretion,” Judge Kim McLane Wardlaw wrote for the three-judge panel on the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. “We hold only that here, where the executive did not make a discretionary choice to end DACA — but rather acted based on an erroneous view of what the law required — the rescission was arbitrary and capricious under settled law.”
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...mp-to-end-daca
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Wrong, everyone in our country is subject to obeying our laws while here but not everyone is subject to our full jurisdiction aka illegal aliens.
Quote:
Don't put words in my mouth and make false assumptions about me. I have no loyalty to Trump I just agree with most of his policies. The only one I'm loyal to is my wife!

You're right, I don't care about anchor babies as they aren't real citizens of our country based on the citizenship clause. I care even less about their parents who are knowingly here illegally and expect to get a pass on our immigration laws simply because they gave birth on our soil. Why are you loyal to the anti-American traitors that are pushing another amnesty which isn't in the best interests of our country and it's citizens?

I also don't care about the employers who hire illegal aliens and accepted a bribe from Obama to hire these DACAs over Americans. How is that a bad thing?
Re: underlined: If this is the case why isn't he asking the SCOTUS to address birthright citizenship?

Old 11-12-2019, 03:23 PM

284 posts, read 78,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Total BS. If that were true they would have never been able to speak to their parents.

lol!...Are you minding that lying statement coming from a person in complete denial.

Old 11-12-2019, 03:31 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
You're right, I don't care about anchor babies as they aren't real citizens of our country based on the citizenship clause. I care even less about their parents who are knowingly here illegally and expect to get a pass on our immigration laws simply because they gave birth on our soil.
I care about citizens equally, so you and them are equals in my book.

The kids of DACAs are natural born citizens, while the DACAs themselves were brought in as kids without having any say in the matter.

Old 11-12-2019, 03:38 PM

62,931 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Re: underlined: If this is the case why isn't he asking the SCOTUS to address birthright citizenship?
I believe he will before his next term is up. He already wanted to do an EO to end it. I'm not sure where he's at on that right now but mind you it's not off the table.

Old 11-12-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
None of them disagree with the text in the Constitution, so if Trump wants to change it, he'd have to take the amendment route.

Quote:
I believe he will before his next term is up. He already wanted to do an EO to end it. I'm not sure where he's at on that right now but mind you it's not off the table.
Legally speaking doing it with an EO is 100% off the table

Old 11-12-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
I care about citizens equally, so you and them are equals in my book.

The kids of DACAs are natural born citizens, while the DACAs themselves were brought in as kids without having any say in the matter.
Once again, babies born from illegal aliens including the DACAs are not really citizens of our country based on the wording in the Constitution. What have you got that changes that? Doesn't matter if the DACAs were brought here by their parents they are still here illegally. I guess if my parents snuck me into the bank vault and helped themselves to the loot my parents and myself would get to keep it?

Are you not aware that when the DACAs turned 18 1/2 they were responsible for their own status in our country and can no longer blame their parents?

Old 11-12-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
None of them disagree with the text in the Constitution, so if Trump wants to change it, he'd have to take the amendment route.
Nope, nothing needs changing in the wording it's as plain as day and so were the discussions back then on birthright citizenship when the 14th was ratified. No amendment is needed. It just needs to be clarified by the SC once and for all.

Old 11-12-2019, 03:46 PM

Amy Howe, Argument analysis: Justices torn, hard to read in challenge to decision to end DACA (UPDATED), SCOTUSblog (Nov. 12, 2019, 2:07 PM),

https://www.scotusblog.com/2019/11/a...n-to-end-daca/

Old 11-12-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Nope, nothing needs changing in the wording it's as plain as day and so were the discussions back then on birthright citizenship when the 14th was ratified. No amendment is needed. It just needs to be clarified by the SC once and for all.
How many times are you going to repeat it?

Anyone born in US is a natural born citizen.

Anyone who believes otherwise probably heard it on Breitbart, or Pravda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies