Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 09:29 AM

17,663 posts, read 17,805,202 times

Advertisements

Perhaps some of them have come to realize that the National Democratic Party has been giving them lip service for decades without seeing any improvement and now they, the DNC, are supporting illegal aliens over other minorities. Trump is trying to make things better for USA citizens regardless of skin color or cultural background.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 09:29 AM

3,755 posts, read 1,452,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Could this be trouble for Dems....?

A new nationwide poll shows that almost a third of male African-American voters would vote to reelect President Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election next fall against any Democratic challenger. The Hill's report on the recent Hill-HarrisX poll highlighted the statistic that 85 percent of black voters would vote for any Democratic presidential nominee over Trump – but omitted reporting on the surge of black male voters who now side with Trump over a generic Democratic opponent.

https://onenewsnow.com/politics-govt...ng-black-males
When Hillary said basket of deplorables. She was not only talking about uneducated white men. She was also talking about uneducated black men as well. The uneducated black man can relate and sympathize with the struggle of white men and what they are facing in today's reality. It makes sense now for some black men to vote trump.

Don't expect alot of black males to vote for Trump. Even though I'm no black American and I should not speak on their behalf. Black America is a house divided and no longer a collective. You have different but yet powerful echo-chambers in black America. You have the pro black, back go Africa red black and green conscious BLM black folks, you have you black conservatives, you have black #ados, you have black academics camp, than you have black sjw who do feminist, LGBT and BLM alliance. These groups can not work together, and like how Lincoln said.a house divided can not stand. Clearly black america a divided house can not stand.

Old 11-11-2019, 09:33 AM

52,387 posts, read 52,861,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
Considering the way black males are nowadays, this does not surprise me at all.
What does this mean?

Old 11-11-2019, 09:42 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,282,138 times
I’m still trying to find evidence of this rise in support by black males.

Can’t find it anywhere.

Old 11-11-2019, 09:46 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,282,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
There are some black folks in love with mrT. Especially business men and pastors. But most think it’s all about the economic rise and being anti immigrant. Some feel the illegals are in fact taking their jobs. He doesn’t talk about the black community as rapists and thieves - so they feel they have a foothold to improvement. But -I don’t think the trumpette base lovee their fellow dark brothers either. We still have some deep racism in our country. Question is - is that coming from the repugs or Dems.
Most of those pastors got laughed at and ridiculed after that stunt. The clergy is losing its hold in the black community. Thank Goodness.

Old 11-11-2019, 09:51 AM

25,652 posts, read 17,391,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Could this be trouble for Dems....?...........
No, I don't think so.

The Southern states, where the population of Black people is large, are already red, so their contribution will go unnoticed.
And in the Blue States there won't be enough Black Trump voters to make any difference.

There is and will continue to be "trouble for Dems", but it is largely of their own doing.

Old 11-11-2019, 09:56 AM

3,755 posts, read 1,452,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Most of those pastors got laughed at and ridiculed after that stunt. The clergy is losing its hold in the black community. Thank Goodness.
How? The very educated black woman is still giving 10 to 20 percent of her earnings to the black pastor. Being a black pastor is the greatest of all pyramid schemes, and it is paid for by your black American female.

Old 11-11-2019, 10:23 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,305,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Nope. People have fought and died so that I have a CHOICE to vote.....or NOT. People ask why the democrats get the black vote when doing little, today, for blacks? The reason is that many black people reason that many in the past laid their lives on the line to give us the right to vote...hence....even if we are not happy with any candidate....we feel obligated to at least choose the lesser of two evils. I don't agree with that. Some times you have to simply walk away from the car salesman.....before they give you a better deal.

If a party wants MY vote.....make me an offer.

If Trump can pull blacks....that will only make democrats more liberal by forcing them to offer blacks more.
And this is what is wrong in your thinking. You play right into the stereotype of your group, and reinforce what Republicans think about that group. Nice going. Whatever happened to, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."?

Old 11-11-2019, 10:40 AM

78,675 posts, read 60,878,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Totally agree with and respect that, however it was your original quote where you were basically saying you only consider D or R as options to vote for.

Just remember if the D or R car salesman sees the 3rd party guy down the street getting attention, they are going to have to start coming up with better deals to keep you away from the 3rd party.
I've repeatedly voted 3rd party in disgust with the establishment over the last 20+ years.

The most powerful political groups in the US are ones that will task you over issues.
For example, the NRA and AARP will chew you up for crossing them regardless of political party.

For other groups, it seems they're promised a lot and given little because indeed, their vote is expected.
1992 - Bush 1.0
1996 - Clinton
2000 - Bush 2.0, 2 weak nepotism candidates I should have voted 3rd party.
2004 - 3rd party, tired of the war mindset
2008 - Obama
2012 - 3rd party, turned out we got Bush 3.0 with regards to wars
2016 - 3rd party, worst 2 candidates in years and years. Both fundamentally dishonest at their core, just in different ways.
2020 - Maybe Dem, definitely won't be Trump

Old 11-11-2019, 10:42 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,999,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I've repeatedly voted 3rd party in disgust with the establishment over the last 20+ years.

The most powerful political groups in the US are ones that will task you over issues.
For example, the NRA and AARP will chew you up for crossing them regardless of political party.

For other groups, it seems they're promised a lot and given little because indeed, their vote is expected.
1992 - Bush 1.0
1996 - Clinton
2000 - Bush 2.0, 2 weak nepotism candidates I should have voted 3rd party.
2004 - 3rd party, tired of the war mindset
2008 - Obama
2012 - 3rd party, turned out we got Bush 3.0 with regards to wars
2016 - 3rd party, worst 2 candidates in years and years. Both fundamentally dishonest at their core, just in different ways.
2020 - Maybe Dem, definitely won't be Trump
I hear that, similar boat here. I've actually never voted for a D or R at the National or State level though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies