Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2019, 04:10 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,673,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Maybe you prefer paying $400 to $500 an ounce legally. I would prefer to have a few plants and grow lights if I wanted to. I stopped growing my own tomatoes because they are cheaper in the store. If weed costs what it is worth it would be sold in the produce section with the other herbs and priced accordingly.
I'm really about done debating you because you keep going back and editing your posts which is what people do when they realize their argument is weak and/or falling apart.......but.....

Legal weed DOES NOT cost $500 an ounce, lmao. I used to buy ounces of good stuff for like $60-80 bucks in West Hollywood....one of the most expensive places in the world to live. I'd buy 1/8s for $15. Street value of 1/8 at least here of decent to top shelf in Knoxville is $40-$60.

If you want to grow weed in your house, do so. It's not like the cops would know. And they wouldn't care anyway in a state where it's legal.

Thankfully even the police have realized that petty weed offenses aren't even worth pursuing. I watch Live PD weekly and all its spinoff shows and I honestly I can't recall one person arrested for marijuana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2019, 04:22 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Maybe you prefer paying $400 to $500 an ounce legally. I would prefer to have a few plants and grow lights if I wanted to. I stopped growing my own tomatoes because they are cheaper in the store. If weed costs what it is worth it would be sold in the produce section with the other herbs and priced accordingly.
Maybe there are those of us who don’t want to grow it. Give me the ease of walking into a store & buying it. And no, your price numbers are off. If you want to grow it, good for you. Not sure why you have an issue with people getting it from a store instead.

Old 11-23-2019, 04:34 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,611,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
...Whats great about this bill, it will also set many people in prison free and expunge their records, it will also prohibit employers from holding marijuana use against their employees in anyway.
There are currently private employers who refuse to have tobacco and alcohol users on their payroll; this is legal. I doubt that marijuana would be considered less harmful than these products. Smoke of any kind in your lungs can't be good for you.

From a practical standpoint the lack of a medical test showing the amount of psychoactive material in a person is a big stumbling block. I don't know whether a test could be developed. This concerns me: I'd rather err on the side of caution.

From an even more practical standpoint few politicians today wish to be on record as supporting or opposing legalization. Regardless of their position, it will hurt them more than help them.

Old 11-23-2019, 05:44 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,963,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Maybe there are those of us who don’t want to grow it. Give me the ease of walking into a store & buying it. And no, your price numbers are off. If you want to grow it, good for you. Not sure why you have an issue with people getting it from a store instead.
I'm not against buying it in a store, I'm against it being illegal to grow. NJ has medical marijuana and by next year will probably have recreational marijuana. But it is still a felony to own one plant in NJ, with a 3 to 5 year prison sentence and up to a $25,000 fine. More years and fines depending on the number of plants. There is no indication that will change. For those of you living in California or never having had a run in with NJ police, you have no idea of what I am talking about. Let me explain. If you get arrested for a felony in NJ you can spend $10K on a lawyer and get a plea deal, knock it down to a misdemeanor with a $1K fine and a hundred hours or so of community service. This is for something you wouldn't even be arrested for in many other places. If You don't play that game you are facing the max penalty if you go to trial, because the jury may find you guilty. The question in my mind is why is it justice to face 10 years if you don't take a plea, and no time at all if you do. The deed is the same. It's a money making game.

RE: NJ legal prices... https://www.nj.com/marijuana/2019/11...ut-prices.html
"With premium dried weed costing as much as $500 an ounce and no insurance company willing to cover the expense, many of the state’s 60,000 registered patients struggle to pay for their medicine every month."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies