Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 06:23 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times

Advertisements

With all the screeching about the temporary stay being lifted (potentially) on DACA adults, liberals are overlooking that this wouldn't mean they get deported. It's just that they wouldn't be FORBIDDEN from being deported.

That said, which illegal aliens currently in this country SHOULD be deported, the efforts of sanctuary cities to protect them not withstanding?

1. ANY misdemeanor (or worse). If they have been permitted to enjoy the benefits of American society (including free education for their children) despite their unauthorized residence in this country, they need to live a squeaky clean life. I have never committed a misdemeanor infraction (not counting a little pot-smoking in college), and if I can be a law-abiding citizen.....then so can illegal aliens.

2. ANY driving violation that would incur points (so an expired meter wouldn't count), but speeding, running a red light or stop sign, and so forth, would result in deportation. They aren't supposed to be here in the first place, and we should not allow their behavior to put law-abiding Americans' lives at risk.

3. ANY DACA adult who dropped out of high school (medical reasons exempted), thus turning down the very expensive opportunity American taxpayers were providing them so they could become self-supporting adults - and not a public burden (via their anchor babies on full welfare benefits.)

4. ANY illegal alien convicted of gang-related violence. (This should need no further explanation.)

5. ANY illegal alien caught "bunching up" in violation of housing laws. Having three families of six each living in a single-family home destroys the neighborhood and overwhelms the public schools. Any landlord caught double- and triple-renting will be punished as well.

6. ANY illegal alien caught using a stolen SS number.

If illegal aliens can blend in, live squeaky clean lives, follow housing ordinances, raise children to be self-supporting (that means a HS degree, at a minimum) can remain. The others....out.

Old 11-13-2019, 06:57 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
All.

Old 11-13-2019, 06:59 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times
According to dems/left wing libs, nobody is above the law UNLESS you’re a person who came into this country ILLEGALLY.

Old 11-13-2019, 07:00 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
With all the screeching about the temporary stay being lifted (potentially) on DACA adults, liberals are overlooking that this wouldn't mean they get deported. It's just that they wouldn't be FORBIDDEN from being deported.

That said, which illegal aliens currently in this country SHOULD be deported, the efforts of sanctuary cities to protect them not withstanding?

1. ANY misdemeanor (or worse). If they have been permitted to enjoy the benefits of American society (including free education for their children) despite their unauthorized residence in this country, they need to live a squeaky clean life. I have never committed a misdemeanor infraction (not counting a little pot-smoking in college), and if I can be a law-abiding citizen.....then so can illegal aliens.

2. ANY driving violation that would incur points (so an expired meter wouldn't count), but speeding, running a red light or stop sign, and so forth, would result in deportation. They aren't supposed to be here in the first place, and we should not allow their behavior to put law-abiding Americans' lives at risk.

3. ANY DACA adult who dropped out of high school (medical reasons exempted), thus turning down the very expensive opportunity American taxpayers were providing them so they could become self-supporting adults - and not a public burden (via their anchor babies on full welfare benefits.)

4. ANY illegal alien convicted of gang-related violence. (This should need no further explanation.)

5. ANY illegal alien caught "bunching up" in violation of housing laws. Having three families of six each living in a single-family home destroys the neighborhood and overwhelms the public schools. Any landlord caught double- and triple-renting will be punished as well.

If illegal aliens can blend in, live squeaky clean lives, follow housing ordinances, raise children to be self-supporting (that means a HS degree, at a minimum) can remain. The others....out.

The only exception I could see making is for people who were adopted by Americans as children whose adoptive parents never completed the paperwork for them to get US citizenship. Some of those people have ended up being deported to countries they left as infants, and IMHO that's not right. A legal adoption by an American couple should come with a US passport stapled to it.

Everyone else...OUT.

Old 11-13-2019, 07:14 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
My first take would say all.

But, having read what it would take to deport illegals in time and money, we are not willing to spend what it would cost.

IMO, the country would be better off creating a way to notify people of duplicate social security card numbers, that includes employers.

Then seize the assets of those who employ them.

Give no welfare benefits to non citizens. They say that's the rule now, but birthright citizenship skews that all to hell.

Your #5 would not work in Harris county Texas because there are no occupancy limits. Three families in 1 house is common. IIRC, DACA people must have graduated from high school or served in the military. But, it's been while since i read the rules.

Old 11-13-2019, 07:17 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
My first take would say all.

But, having read what it would take to deport illegals in time and money, we are not willing to spend what it would cost.

IMO, the country would be better off creating a way to notify people of duplicate social security card numbers, that includes employers.

Then seize the assets of those who employ them.

Give no welfare benefits to non citizens. They say that's the rule now, but birthright citizenship skews that all to hell.

Your #5 would not work in Harris county Texas because there are no occupancy limits. Three families in 1 house is common. IIRC, DACA people must have graduated from high school or served in the military. But, it's been while since i read the rules.
Well, then I would amend #5 to say they must abide by local housing ordinances and anyone in violation will be deported.

And yes, we seem to agree on something. We need to abolish birthright citizenship. But Dems would never have that because they see them as future voters, and 80% Dems. That is ALSO the main reason Dems are encouraging illegal immigration (which they are, via sanctuary cities and promises of all sorts of taxpayer benefits, like health care).

Old 11-13-2019, 07:20 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
And lets make them wear armbands,put them in camps and ghettos until deportation can take place

Old 11-13-2019, 07:23 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
All of them !!! Case closed !!!

Old 11-13-2019, 08:05 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
And lets make them wear armbands,put them in camps and ghettos until deportation can take place
That is ultimately where this is going. Once it becomes too costly to get rid of these people, then comes the firing squads and gas chambers. I truly believe there is a segment of the American population that would support it. OP among them. Of course there will be denial but the DACA residents are spoken of as faceless monsters that need to be removed. The 'by any means necessary' is coming next. The current administration is testing the American public by first putting children in cages and, oops, some of them die. There is not much outrage so the administration will keep taking it further. I hope I speak in hyperbole only...

Old 11-13-2019, 08:12 AM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post

I think your list is actually pretty good. In fact, I think congress will adopt most of those points after immigration is normalized and The Wall is completed.
Build The Wall. There will be plenty of gates for those who have actual legal business here. That will make deportation stick - something that does not happen now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.