Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 12:12 PM

171 posts, read 109,457 times

Advertisements

While I'm not a big fan of Biden I know who I can't cast a vote for, the laughing stock of the world.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1202401954644865024

Old 12-05-2019, 12:18 PM

7,681 posts, read 5,530,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Amazing that Trump has been able to utilize "gaslighting" so successfully on a myriad of male victims to the detriment of themselves. Astonishing is the control he has over them, isn't it?
... and a whole new generation of male Americans is being raised to believe that being an overpowering bully is a fantastic character trait to be emulated.

Old 12-05-2019, 12:39 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
I rather be the 'laughing stock' then to have a Treadeu (or however you spell it), Macron or Johnson as a President. THANK YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP.
It seems being ignorant about facts, etc is a prerequisite Trump supporters.

Old 12-05-2019, 01:11 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
They were laughing about Trump keeping Trudeau waiting for 40 minutes and that it was obvious Trump stunned everyone including his staff about the Camp David announcement.

If that's high school -- Trump must be stuck in pre-school.

This is so funny to see how Trump fans attacking other grown ups for talking about Trump's long winded, surprise press conferences...but excusing Trump's grabbing women by the private parts talk, and personal attacks on the physical appearance of his opponents and other world leaders.

It was funny -- they joked about him being late & shocking his staff.

This is ridiculous outrage over nothing.

The only reason it hurts the feelings of Trump fans and Trump is because they know that he really isn't well respected...and not because anything in this video is an attack on Trump...it is what it is. Trump is a social awkward boy.
'
It gets extremely tiring having to deal with people that have zero ability to think about any topic in depth beyond "trump bad" and that any deeper examination gets us labeled Trump fans.

Trump is a petulant bully unless you missed that. So making fun of the guy, regardless of accuracy might mean he does something vindictive in revenge. Thus it's stupid to get caught doing stuff like that as it may cost your country.

So there you go, I hope you don't wind up reading yet another post explaining something more complicated than the plot of dancing with the Stars and call me a Trump fan because it made your head hurt.

Old 12-05-2019, 01:13 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
This coming from a guy whose idea of debate is to resort to “my president has slept with more women than you have!” Great debate skillz ya got there. Here’s me laughing at you.

Your candidate of choice seems to prefer sniffing young children's hair, encouraging them to feel his leg hair and jump on his lap, and that's just the stuff he brags about. There's nothing to debate about. Biden is a creep and Trump has very good taste in beautiful adult women. But somehow, you expect ordinary, rational people to think Trump is the bad guy here Sorry, 2020 is going to prove, American's don't want a creepy, possible pedo weirdo in the white house. Democrats prove how ignorant and downright stupid they are for rallying behind that loser.

Maybe you can roll out Clinton again, at the last minute. She has less baggage than Biden, which is astounding when you think about it. Are there any dems out there that are not wholly corrupt and broken???

Old 12-05-2019, 01:14 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
... and a whole new generation of male Americans is being raised to believe that being an overpowering bully is a fantastic character trait to be emulated.
I would agree. Disturbing, to say the least.

Old 12-05-2019, 01:15 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,671,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I am like the majority of Americans, I am disgusted with your current administration. You know, the majority that did NOT vote for Trump?

It is true. I pay more taxes in the US than I do in Canada. Unless your employer is covering much of your premiums, most Americans pay far more in health premiums, plus deductibles, plus co-pays, than any Canadian.

That article quotes the disgraced Fraser Institute. It is, as you Trumpeters like to say, "Fake News". I have never, and my family has never, had to wait for medical care when we needed it. Ever.

And you think it is a bad thing that in Canada a firearm owner needs to take training, pass an intensive background check, and has safe storage obligations? And if you want a handgun, you need even more training? What is wrong with that? If you want to see the results, see mass shootings in Canada vs. the USA, or murder rates. We, in Canada, as gun owners, choose not to live in fear as so many American gun owners apparently do, thinking they need a gun for "protection".

As far as freedom, guess what, I bought into your narrative until I started living in the US. I have far MORE constraints go what I can do than in Canada. Want an example?

I needed to replace my hot water heater. I went to Home Depot, was advised I needed a permit, and a licensed installer lined up, and they would not sell me one without the permit. I couldn't believe it! I went to Lowes, who also told me the same thing, but did sell me the hot water heater. The hell with that crap! I installed it myself. Heck, it was an electric one, how difficult is that?

Back in Canada I also installed a hot water heater. No permit required. No licensed installer required. And it was gas, not electric. After I installed it, I had the gas utility come in to check it, no charge.

Freedom?

Let's take a look at the CATO index on freedoms. CATO, if you don't know, is a CONSERVATIVE American think tank out of D.C. Guess where Canada ranks?

Number 5.

Guess where the USA ranks?

Waaaay down at 17. Proud are ya?

Read the whole report here: source

Don't ever start talking about who has more freedom. You are living in an illusion that you have bought into. Like I did at one time. Want more evidence? Let's look at the Heritage Foundation, a very conservative group, index of economic freedom.

Guess where Canada ranks?

At number 8.

Guess where the USA ranks?

At number 12.

Source

Guess who, once again, is ranked, by a CONSERVATIVE organization, as more free? Canada, not the USA.

Learn, grasshopper, learn and understand. It will do you some good.
As before, I'm not wasting my time with a Canadian who bashes the USA yet lives in it half the year.

Is Forbes a disgrace too?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sallypi.../#628147483e7d

Oh and about your water heater, that's either because of an HOA or a town ordinance for hurricanes. That's for your own benefit.

But I've already explained that to you.

You can show me all the charts you like....being enslaved to work to pay for others' health insurance isn't being free, sorry.

It's a joke that you bash the country you spend half your life in.

Old 12-05-2019, 01:19 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,671,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
It's the climate and ease of travel to be among others of similar mindset … perhaps even a great number of them Canadians.

Your $12 doctor visit is backstopped/subsidized by your employer and you'd be wrong about Canadians paying more in taxes for their healthcare. The average family of four in the U.S. is now paying close to 20K per year for comparable healthcare.

The Fraser Institute is a national joke with it's funding received from the Koch brother's and it's mandate to disparage all things progressive and manufacture stats to support their criticism.

But while speaking of that ... You've got more people uninsured or going without any healthcare whatsoever, totally reliant upon free charitable RAM clinics than Canada has people.

Your healthcare is rated as the worst of all first world developed nations and sinking.

Government pays the bills; doesn't run the healthcare in Canada.

Freedom? ALL independent surveys place the U.S. not even in the top 25 on a scale of individual, economic, and freedom of the press https://www.businessinsider.com/coun...e-world-2018-4 with the concern being you're sliding DOWN the scale.

Facts are inconvenient things .

Now what was the topic again before you showed up to purposely derail the thread started by an American in your hope of having it closed by the mods.

Oh yeah, America being the laughingstock of the world ………

Gotta go now …… have a 9 AM tee time.
Another Canadian using one of our golf courses?

We're a family of two and pay not even close to $10k for our healthcare.

Old 12-05-2019, 01:22 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Have you seen any of Joe Biden's behavior around children???

Would you let your children go anywhere near that creep???

Have you seen the fine upstanding adult Joe Biden has raised his son to be? The one that can't keep his hands off crack, and can't seem to keep his member in his pants when visiting the champagne room of the strip clubs he frequents? Modern day democratic family values on full display with that family.

Instead of American children being encouraged to be beta male pedos, I think it's better to encourage them to stand up for themselves and what is right, that way, they don't have to suffer a future of being conquered and enslaved by tyrants and barbarians. We don't know what the future brings, but it is always best to raise our children to be prepared and ready for whatever might come their way. The world is a dangerous place, and it's not because Trump is president.

Old 12-05-2019, 01:23 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,317,781 times
IDK OP, Brit social media is pretty much seeing Justin Trudeau as the laughing stock not Trump. They are overall seeing Trump as taking the high road by leaving.

They see the "boys" standing around making jokes about Trump as reminiscent of high school mean boys ganging up on the one who wasn't there but not having the courage to says those things to his face. And they think that this little tattle tattle is unbecoming of a Prime Minister, especially given that this event was being hosted by the Queen. Just bad form.

They may or may not like Trump but they like Justin Trudeau's behavior less and its reflection on the hostess.

EU/French/German folks may see it differently. But that is what I heard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies