Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2019, 10:14 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,663,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Yes, police dispatchers.

The dispatchers are part of the police department and a number of them are in fact sworn officers. He was instructed not to follow Martin. He did so anyway because he was looking for trouble.
He was NOT instructed "not to follow Martin".

Read the 911 transcript so you'll stop making false claims.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:25 AM

13,308 posts, read 7,886,389 times
Zimmerman is the son of a judge; he could do no wrong.

He was covered, being one of the good guys.

There is no question that he was do-gooding that fateful night.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Zimmerman is the son of a judge; he could do no wrong.

He was covered, being one of the good guys.

There is no question that he was do-gooding that fateful night.
I disagree. He certainly doesn't appear to be a good guy even though there is no evidence he broke the law that night.

Sure, he was trying to reduce crime by keeping an eye out and calling the police, but even the crappiest people do good things from time to time.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:33 AM

40,964 posts, read 49,278,180 times
The Big Dirty in this Trial was the States DA, Crump and Fulton who replaced the real "Diamond Eugene" with the fake GF Rachel Jeantel (Diamonds Half sister) who had never met Treyvon and could not even read her own Cursive written note.

The fake GF "DeeDee" gave false testimony on stand and was set up by the Prosecution and Crump.

Without the perjured testimony the state had no case.

Hopefully GZ wins a huge settlement.

That's why he's bringing the lawsuit.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:43 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,262,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Sure, I thought OJ was guilty, but I accepted [whatever that means] and expected the verdict. The n word, the Dream Team vs. Dumb and Dumber, and payback.

What does that have to do with whether Trayvon was a child, teen, adult, young man, etc.when Zimmerman killed him or the Zimmerman lawsuit.
Yeah. You accepted the OJ verdict.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
WRONG, as usual.

Zimmerman was keeping an eye on a person he felt was suspicious while waiting for police to arrive.
Not gonna adjudication the case. That’s over.

I don’t know what happened that night. Neither do you. I just know enough to ascertain that dude was getting whipped real good, and he had to shoot his way out of the situation.

I also know that he wishes he’d never pulled that trigger.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I disagree. He certainly doesn't appear to be a good guy even though there is no evidence he broke the law that night.

Sure, he was trying to reduce crime by keeping an eye out and calling the police, but even the crappiest people do good things from time to time.
Then he should’ve stuck to doing a good thing instead of doing a very very bad thing that is costing him his freedom of movement and his sanity.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:56 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,489,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I don't know how I'd feel - I've never placed myself in a position to need to use lethal force as self defense.

I'm simply saying that the physical evidence doesn't necessarily support the claims that Zimmerman was getting his "brains bashed in" and we only get one side of the story beyond the physical evidence, since the other person involved is dead.

Why is every attempt to stick to facts and shy away from assumptions and hyperbole seen as an attack on Zimmerman or defense of Martin?

"Necessarily"? Funny how you threw that word in there. Why did you fee l the need to interject that word?

Zimmerman ended that attack before his brains got bashed in. You wouldn't have done the same?

You're another who avoids the question I posed. Would would you have done if the same thing were happening to you?
I'm not afraid to say I would have used a gun too. Why are you? You're a fool if you wouldn't have, and you're a liar if you say you wouldn't have.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
"Necessarily"? Funny how you threw that word in there. Why did you fee l the need to interject that word?

Zimmerman ended that attack before his brains got bashed in. You wouldn't have done the same?

You're another who avoids the question I posed. Would would you have done if the same thing were happening to you?
I'm not afraid to say I would have used a gun too. Why are you? You're a fool if you wouldn't have, and you're a liar if you say you wouldn't have.
No you wouldn’t have. Hell, even Zimmerman wishes that he’d never used it.

Old 12-06-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Then he should’ve stuck to doing a good thing instead of doing a very very bad thing that is costing him his freedom of movement and his sanity.
If he defended himself, that wasn't a bad thing.

Old 12-06-2019, 11:18 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,520,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah. You accepted the OJ verdict.

Not gonna adjudication the case. That’s over.

I don’t know what happened that night. Neither do you. I just know enough to ascertain that dude was getting whipped real good, and he had to shoot his way out of the situation.

I also know that he wishes he’d never pulled that trigger.
Of course I accepted the OJ verdict. I didn't hope anyone would kill him, or cry, or protest, or ask that Nicole or Goldman be awarded honorary degrees, or demand Nicole/Ron Day in schools, or think of them as martyrs, etc..

I disagreed with the verdict, as you disagree with the Zimmerman verdict. If that means I don't 'accept' the verdict then yes, I think OJ killed them. So what. If OJ won a lawsuit against the LAPD, prosecutors, the victims' families for trying to frame him I'd want him to get every penny he sued for. If the allegations in this lawsuit are true, Zimmerman deserves every penny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies