Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2019, 01:07 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,640,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
With stand your ground, you sure about that? All he would needed to have established was that he had a reasonable fear of "great bodily harm" or worse.

Stand your ground won't fly for just thinking someone is following you. And in this case, it would in most likelihood be exceptionally hard to establish since the other person lives in the neighborhood.

Old 12-06-2019, 01:07 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,701,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm betting if you would have called Trayvon a child to his face, he would have beaten the snot out of you.

BTW, it's illegal for a 17-year-old to attack someone following him.

If he merely thinks someone is following him, attacks and causes enough damage, he could be charged as an adult.

Trayvon may have felt Zimmerman was a threat, and if so, he should have gone home or called 911.

Zimmerman was not breaking any laws watching Martin as he waited for police to arrive.
Such a passive response, but to be expected I guess.

Plenty of people being followed never made it home - the course of action from TM is the response from someone who doesn't want to be prey.

Old 12-06-2019, 01:12 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,398,118 times
Quote:
Stand your ground won't fly for just thinking someone is following you. And in this case, it would in most likelihood be exceptionally hard to establish since the other person lives in the neighborhood.

Martin didn't think Zimmerman was following him, though. Zimmerman was following him.

Old 12-06-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Martin didn't think Zimmerman was following him, though. Zimmerman was following him.

Did Martin know that or believe that?

Old 12-06-2019, 01:35 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,330,006 times
Quote:
I'm betting if you would have called Trayvon a child to his face, he would have beaten the snot out of you.

BTW, it's illegal for a 17-year-old to attack someone following him.

If he merely thinks someone is following him, attacks and causes enough damage, he could be charged as an adult.

Trayvon may have felt Zimmerman was a threat, and if so, he should have gone home or called 911.

Zimmerman was not breaking any laws watching Martin as he waited for police to arrive.
a 17 year old knows they are 17 years old. why do you keep creating these fantasies about trayvon martin being a violent bloodlusted mma fighter?

a 17 year old is still a child, in some places legally, and for logical people in society. Like I said, if a grown man or woman slept with a 17 year old we wouldn't view them as an adult making adult decisions, they are children. Don't change it up now. And even with that said that ultimately doesn't matter.

Any reasonable person (which many laws are based on) would consider what Zimmerman was doing to be grounds for the person he was stalking to confront him.

keep defending a murder.

Old 12-06-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Such a passive response, but to be expected I guess.

Plenty of people being followed never made it home - the course of action from TM is the response from someone who doesn't want to be prey.
Passive?

ROFLMAO!!!

Don't you believe people shouldn't watch potential criminals while waiting for the police.

"Don't do anything about crime, stay in your house. Eek."

Old 12-06-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
a 17 year old knows they are 17 years old. why do you keep creating these fantasies about trayvon martin being a violent bloodlusted mma fighter?

a 17 year old is still a child, in some places legally, and for logical people in society. Like I said, if a grown man or woman slept with a 17 year old we wouldn't view them as an adult making adult decisions, they are children. Don't change it up now. And even with that said that ultimately doesn't matter.

Any reasonable person (which many laws are based on) would consider what Zimmerman was doing to be grounds for the person he was stalking to confront him.

keep defending a murder.
Zimmerman could have been a pizza delivery guy trying to find the right townhome.

Old 12-06-2019, 01:44 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,233,400 times
Quote:
If he defended himself, that wasn't a bad thing.
He defended himself once he got into the squab. But he can’t throw hands. I’m sure you understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Of course I accepted the OJ verdict. I didn't hope anyone would kill him, or cry, or protest, or ask that Nicole or Goldman be awarded honorary degrees, or demand Nicole/Ron Day in schools, or think of them as martyrs, etc..

I disagreed with the verdict, as you disagree with the Zimmerman verdict. If that means I don't 'accept' the verdict then yes, I think OJ killed them. So what. If OJ won a lawsuit against the LAPD, prosecutors, the victims' families for trying to frame him I'd want him to get every penny he sued for. If the allegations in this lawsuit are true, Zimmerman deserves every penny.
Uh huh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Zimmerman didn't pick a target. Your own point that Zimmerman "didn't pick a weak enough target" shows how stupid your assertion is.

Pudgy little punk Zimmerman would never in a million years have attacked Trayvon, and it's even more unlikely he would do it when he had a gun that (a) would allow him to protect himself without engaging in hand-to-hand combat and (b) Trayvon could take and use against him.
Zimmerman had a gun though, and that gun was the insurance policy that he needed in case he pulled up lame. And that’s exactly what happened.

Do I think Zimmerman would’ve tried Martin WITHOUT having the blicky on his person? Hell no. I know he wouldn’t have. But that’s what guns do...give chumps extra confidence to step to people that they know they can’t handle otherwise. They figure that if the person they’re targeting gets jumpy, they can just flash the blicky and the tougher guy will back down.

Unfortunately, Zimmerman couldn’t get to the heater fast enough to ward Martin off. Probably because he was yakking and figuring that Martin was too soft to actually dig in his chest the way he ended up doing. Obviously, Martin wasn’t about all that talking...he was about the business.

Zimmerman just wasn’t used to that for some reason. Well...I know the reason. He’d been dealing with gum bumpers all of his life, and all they do is yack. They aren’t about to really smack fools up for slick talking. Zimmerman mistook Martin for a do-nothing loudmouth. Big mistake.

In any case, the deed is done, and this is his life from here on out. It’s fine. After all, he asked for this when he let a round fly.

Matter of fact, his address and phone number is circulating around the internet as we speak. My son just saw it on Black Twitter.

Old 12-06-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He defended himself once he got into the squab. But he can’t throw hands. I’m sure you understand.

Uh huh.

Zimmerman had a gun though, and that gun was the insurance policy that he needed in case he pulled up lame. And that’s exactly what happened.

Do I think Zimmerman would’ve tried Martin WITHOUT having the blicky on his person? Hell no. I know he wouldn’t have. But that’s what guns do...give chumps extra confidence to step to people that they know they can’t handle otherwise. They figure that if the person they’re targeting gets jumpy, they can just flash the blicky and the tougher guy will back down.

Unfortunately, Zimmerman couldn’t get to the heater fast enough to ward Martin off. Probably because he was yakking and figuring that Martin was too soft to actually dig in his chest the way he ended up doing. Obviously, Martin wasn’t about all that talking...he was about the business.

Zimmerman just wasn’t used to that for some reason. Well...I know the reason. He’d been dealing with gum bumpers all of his life, and all they do is ***. They aren’t about to really smack fools up for slick talking. Zimmerman mistook Martin for a do-nothing loudmouth. Big mistake.

In any case, the deed is done, and this is his life from here on out. It’s fine. After all, he asked for this when he let a round fly.

Matter of fact, his address and phone number is circulating around the internet as we speak. My son just saw it on Black Twitter.
Yes, I've met keyboard warriors like you, and know those who type tough really aren't.

Old 12-06-2019, 01:50 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,701,377 times
Quote:
Passive?

ROFLMAO!!!

Don't you believe people shouldn't watch potential criminals while waiting for the police.

"Don't do anything about crime, stay in your house. Eek."
No problem with that, but I also believe a person being followed has a right to act in self defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies