Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2019, 05:32 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,996 times

Advertisements

Thomas Jefferson, Patrick Henry, George Washington , James Madison, and many other patriots are rolling in their graves

Patrick Henry’s famous “ give me liberty or give me death” speech as given within a rifle shot of the capital building where these liberal oppressors are plotting.

Quote:
Gun Confiscation Comes to Virginia
See what happens when a formerly great red state turns very blue?
https://spectator.org/gun-confiscati...s-to-virginia/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2019, 05:52 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
I posted on this topic, and a liberal came out and claimed that all it was about was a better gun-purchasing approval process. When I pointed out to her that the Ds in Virginia are talking about RETROACTIVELY redefining "assault weapons" to include pistols, and then confiscating legally purchased guns.

What happened to Virginia, formerly a red state, is this: Its neighbor, Maryland, is one of the most liberal states in the country, and the liberal governor instituted such far-left giveaway policies (that raise taxes) that the upper-middle class LIBERALS (who would be paying the higher taxes) relocated to Virginia, and brought their liberal policies with them. (It becomes a cycle, too - the lower-income on freebies remain, with fewer taxpaying citizens to support them, so they get their taxes raised, and they move to Virginia.)

Look at the map. Virginia is still a red state in every area except the DC suburbs, where the liberals relocated. And now this population has swelled to such an extent that it overwhelms the votes of the rest of the state (although Northern Virginia is still 1/3 Republican).

Old 12-07-2019, 06:01 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Thomas Jefferson, Patrick Henry, George Washington , James Madison, and many other patriots are rolling in their graves

Patrick Henry’s famous “ give me liberty or give me death” speech as given within a rifle shot of the capital building where these liberal oppressors are plotting.

https://spectator.org/gun-confiscati...s-to-virginia/
Our founding slave rapists had a lot of bad ideas and the 2nd amendment was one of them. If it was a good thing other countries would want the same. They don`t.

Old 12-07-2019, 06:05 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Our founding slave rapists had a lot of bad ideas and the 2nd amendment was one of them. If it was a good thing other countries would want the same. They don`t.
If the notion of civil liberties hurts your feelings, you are free to seek out a more authoritarian country to live in. I personally encourage all enemies of civil rights and liberties to do do exactly that, the country is better without those kinds of people.

Old 12-07-2019, 06:06 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Old 12-07-2019, 06:10 AM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times
This didn't pass yet and most likely will not because it goes back in time, it does make sense and other countries have done the same but certainly not here.

Old 12-07-2019, 06:11 AM

Quote:
We get it. You hate this country because our brilliant founding fathers (the Constitution IS brilliant) followed along with the mores of the time. (Not all of them, by the way....some wanted to abolish slavery at the time, but the Democrats in the South wouldn't go along with it.)

Why don't you just take that liberal anti-American hatred with you and move to a country you respect? I personally couldn't live in, and support financially, a country that I have such derision for.

Old 12-07-2019, 06:20 AM

989 posts, read 456,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I posted on this topic, and a liberal came out and claimed that all it was about was a better gun-purchasing approval process. When I pointed out to her that the Ds in Virginia are talking about RETROACTIVELY redefining "assault weapons" to include pistols, and then confiscating legally purchased guns.

Quote:
What happened to Virginia, formerly a red state, is this: Its neighbor, Maryland, is one of the most liberal states in the country, and the liberal governor instituted such far-left giveaway policies (that raise taxes) that the upper-middle class LIBERALS (who would be paying the higher taxes) relocated to Virginia, and brought their liberal policies with them. (It becomes a cycle, too - the lower-income on freebies remain, with fewer taxpaying citizens to support them, so they get their taxes raised, and they move to Virginia.)

Look at the map. Virginia is still a red state in every area except the DC suburbs, where the liberals relocated. And now this population has swelled to such an extent that it overwhelms the votes of the rest of the state (although Northern Virginia is still 1/3 Republican).
Did you just make that up (bolded)? I don't think there is any data of some massive migration from Maryland into Northern VA. Certainly, people do move back and forth between the states but it's generally due to crime rates, amenities, and the desire to be closer to better means of public transportation and work sites. Maryland has not kept up with its neighbor when it comes to Virginia for business opportunities and amenities as well as school systems.

Most Marylanders I know, to include 95% of my extended family and about 50% of my coworkers, wouldn't set foot in Virginia and it doesn't really have to do with politics. And they are gun lovers.

Old 12-07-2019, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
Did you just make that up (bolded)? I don't think there is any data of some massive migration from Maryland into Northern VA. Certainly, people do move back and forth between the states but it's generally due to crime rates, amenities, and the desire to be closer to better means of public transportation and work sites. Maryland has not kept up with its neighbor when it comes to Virginia for business opportunities and amenities as well as school systems.

Most Marylanders I know, to include 95% of my extended family and about 50% of my coworkers, wouldn't set foot in Virginia.
No I didn't make that up. There's been a BIG increase in the Virginia suburbs - a near doubling in 20 years - and the majority of that is coming from Marylanders. It became particularly pronounced when that Maryland governor (McMillion or something like that) starting taxing everything that moves in order to provide more resources to the schools overridden by illegal aliens' children.

Old 12-07-2019, 06:31 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
If the notion of civil liberties hurts your feelings, you are free to seek out a more authoritarian country to live in. I personally encourage all enemies of civil rights and liberties to do do exactly that, the country is better without those kinds of people.
People in schools, churches, movie theaters, Walmart, etc. are being deprived of their right to civil liberties when thy leave the building in body bags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies