Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 04:11 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times

Advertisements

Article said Trump support among American Jews went down from 33 to 17%.

I doubt he will see even 22% (I think it was 30 last time) of the Jewish vote. Telling Jews they are terrible Killers isn't exactly endearing.

Old 12-08-2019, 04:12 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
And his children are married to Jewish people. His dad's financiers were all Jewish, and Trump inherited the relationship. That relationship is only reason he is able to buy any valuable RE asset
So it was Jews that made Trump go bankrupt multiple times and never make any decent ROI in his entire life? Or did they just lead the horse - who couldn't drink or trot - to water?

Old 12-08-2019, 04:16 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,400,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Its utterly strange that Trump would pander to a contingent that voted against him at one of the highest categorical rates in the nation.
trump is a sexist without a doubt, men his age and wealth always are sexist (don't argue with me about this) but, I have never accepted the left's assertion that he is racist or the right's assertion that he cares about the Christian or jewish religions.

trump isn't racist or religious. He cares deeply about his family, Green (as in money) and America. No doubt in my mind.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 12-08-2019 at 04:30 PM..

Old 12-08-2019, 04:17 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
So wonderful to have a president who is willing to push back against the anti-Semitic BDS movement, call out the U.N. for its bias against Israel, and be unafraid to condemn antisemitism in the strongest terms. I was especially moved by the young woman he invited on stage to talk about her lawsuit against NYU for failing to protect Jewish students from physical attacks and actively supporting the anti-Semitic, anti-Israel BDS movement.

IMO, Trump is the best president for the Jews we've had in a long time, and the Democrats' insistence on calling him an anti-Semite is just another lie. (Ironic, in fact, considering the anti-Semites they have among their own ranks.)

(He just spoke a few minutes ago. Once an article is written summarizing his speech, I'll link to it.)
He's preaching to the choir, it doesn't take much to support Israel but it takes more courage to criticize their actions rather than kissing up. It doesn't matter, Israel will take our money and do what ever they please. His actions have worked against any remote possibility of peace in the middle east unless you have faith in the Kushner peace plan. What is good for Israel is not always good for our country by the way.

Last edited by Goodnight; 12-08-2019 at 04:26 PM..

Old 12-08-2019, 04:19 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I certainly never thought he was an anti Semite.

He’s anti intellectual. He’s anti moral. He’s anti heroic. He’s anti immigrant. He’s anti decency.

But anti Semitic? Nah. That would leave him with no international friends at all except maybe he Saudis. And even they actually hate him.
Didn’t your party call him literally Hitler??????

Old 12-08-2019, 09:29 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,961,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So it was Jews that made Trump go bankrupt multiple times and never make any decent ROI in his entire life? Or did they just lead the horse - who couldn't drink or trot - to water?
Bankruptcy for a guy like Trump does not mean anything. It went bankrupt a few times and is still a very wealthy individual.

Old 12-08-2019, 09:36 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
So wonderful to have a president who is willing to push back against the anti-Semitic BDS movement, call out the U.N. for its bias against Israel, and be unafraid to condemn antisemitism in the strongest terms. I was especially moved by the young woman he invited on stage to talk about her lawsuit against NYU for failing to protect Jewish students from physical attacks and actively supporting the anti-Semitic, anti-Israel BDS movement.

IMO, Trump is the best president for the Jews we've had in a long time, and the Democrats' insistence on calling him an anti-Semite is just another lie. (Ironic, in fact, considering the anti-Semites they have among their own ranks.)

(He just spoke a few minutes ago. Once an article is written summarizing his speech, I'll link to it.)
I live in a very Jewish community and they can't stand Trump, even the republicans who voted for him.

Old 12-08-2019, 10:37 PM

7,826 posts, read 4,570,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Article said Trump support among American Jews went down from 33 to 17%.

I doubt he will see even 22% (I think it was 30 last time) of the Jewish vote. Telling Jews they are terrible Killers isn't exactly endearing.
Neither was telling them they'll be out of business within 15 min. if he's not reelected. Such a little gangsta...People generally respond very favorably after hearing some riff off of "It would be a shame if anything happened to your lovely little fruit stand"

Last edited by take57; 12-08-2019 at 10:45 PM..

Old 12-09-2019, 12:32 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Its utterly strange that Trump would pander to a contingent that voted against him at one of the highest categorical rates in the nation.

I'd much rather see him court groups that have earned his support and that of his major voting block.

If people who are critical of ethnonationalist, border defending Israel are antisemitic as a supposed (but not actual) moral anachronism, does that makes Jews racist who are against voting for someone who wants to strengthen America's borders?

Cue the lazy antisemitic rebuttals due to lack of an available cogent reply. Or the silly "but Israel gets attacked, America doesn't" line that bears no resemblance to reality.
What’s “utterly strange” about it? Trump has no political philosophy. He doesn’t even have a personal philosophy. The guy is sloppy. He probably doesn’t even know that he bombed on the Jewish vote since he surrounds himself with people that tells him what he wants to hear. And it ain’t like he actually reads!!

Trump is a disaster. You’re talking here as if he’s a logical person or someone that makes sagacious deductions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
trump is a sexist without a doubt, men his age and wealth always are sexist (don't argue with me about this) but, I have never accepted the left's assertion that he is racist or the right's assertion that he cares about the Christian or jewish religions.

trump isn't racist or religious. He cares deeply about his family, Green (as in money) and America. No doubt in my mind.
He cares about America? Lol...Trump only cares about Trump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Didn’t your party call him literally Hitler??????
I don’t know anything about that.

Point is, did I call him Hitler?

Old 12-09-2019, 03:13 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Bankruptcy for a guy like Trump does not mean anything. It went bankrupt a few times and is still a very wealthy individual.
In commercial real estate, every project is a separate corporation. It is a very risky business, and not every project succeeds. The ones that could not make it go CH. 11 bankruptcy. Most of Trumps succeeded. He never declared personal bankruptcy. So you're WRONG. Get educated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies