Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2019, 05:54 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The only people testifying were state department and pentagon employees that did so in spite of the president trying to block them. He has not allowed any of his cabinet to participate and released no documents, under our democracy the house has oversight authority. The courts have ruled that McGhan can testify, that took 8 months and of course Trump appealed to delay even further, is that expediting.

Yes I want the truth, Mulvaney, Pompeo or Bolton could clear this up right away. Why not allow their testimony so he can be exonerated and move on. Trump stated he wants a complete trial, he is lying. He doesn’t want anyone from his cabinet testifying.
Dems should have thought this out better, but their blind hatred of Trump has left them back in the loser column where they seem comfortable. Investigations are over folks, all that's left is a trial where none of their "witnesses" will be allowed to appear because they have no direct evidence of wrongdoing. Will Pelosi resign when this ends is the only pertinent question.

this has been fun.

Old 12-18-2019, 05:56 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,424,439 times
Multiple federal crimes are listed in the report. It includes wire fraud and bribery. But there doesn't need to be a federal crime. Abuse of power is under the Constitution which is also listed in the report. Impeachment is a political indictment. He will get a rundown of his federal crimes when he leaves office. There is plenty of time.

The judge in the Rick Gates case gave an excellent summary of all the crimes that are alleged via Trump and his co-conspirators in relation to the Mueller report. Everything leads back to Russia.

Old 12-18-2019, 06:09 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Multiple federal crimes are listed in the report. It includes wire fraud and bribery. But there doesn't need to be a federal crime. Abuse of power is under the Constitution which is also listed in the report. Impeachment is a political indictment. He will get a rundown of his federal crimes when he leaves office. There is plenty of time.

The judge in the Rick Gates case gave an excellent summary of all the crimes that are alleged via Trump and his co-conspirators in relation to the Mueller report. Everything leads back to Russia.
do you know what acquittal means?

Old 12-18-2019, 06:13 AM

996 posts, read 379,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post

Right. It leads back to Russian sources hearing other Russian sources who then told Christopher Steele. Christopher Steele on HRC's Payroll came up with the dossier , which the DNC media paraded and showcased for almost 3 years. All to blow up in their faces with the Mueller Report, a sham on American taxpayers to feed high priced lawyers meals and expenses.

The POTUS will not be removed, he will not be arrested when he leaves Office, and you will have to get used to him being around for another 4 years.

The Constitution details the powers of the POTUS. I don"t see where it details these alleged " abuses of power" . Can you kindly show me where it is?

Old 12-18-2019, 06:46 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
This constant calls for "what crimes did he commit," "what abuses of power," etc. is pathetic.

Ask for better material. This stuff is ridiculous.

Old 12-18-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
do you know what acquittal means?
I'll make sure to ask Bill Clinton since he was a popular president.

Old 12-18-2019, 06:58 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
head turning choice of diane DeGette to represents dems at hearing today

Democratic Rep. Diana DeGette has been the lead sponsor on a federal ban on high-capacity ammunition magazines in two Congresses, saying it’s one of her top priorities.
........ the senior congresswoman from Denver appeared to not understand how guns work.
Asked how a ban on magazines holding more than 15 rounds would reduce gun violence, DeGette said:
“I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those know they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.”

Dems use Schiff, Nadler and now DeGette, all terribly flawed, stumbling and confused self righteous disposable legislators as sacrificial lambs.

Pelosi is hands off and Schiff and Nadler never showed up in the senate...too late to recover from their outrageous behavior, lies and media aided marketing instead of legal facts.

Old 12-18-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post
Right. It leads back to Russian sources hearing other Russian sources who then told Christopher Steele. Christopher Steele on HRC's Payroll came up with the dossier , which the DNC media paraded and showcased for almost 3 years. All to blow up in their faces with the Mueller Report, a sham on American taxpayers to feed high priced lawyers meals and expenses.

The POTUS will not be removed, he will not be arrested when he leaves Office, and you will have to get used to him being around for another 4 years.

The Constitution details the powers of the POTUS. I don"t see where it details these alleged " abuses of power" . Can you kindly show me where it is?

It wasn't a sham we can see it with our own eyes. Those are Hannity talking points and haven't been proven in 3 years. Of course, Trump won't be removed. Clinton wasn't removed either. It's still a stain. It's more of a political stain on Trump. He is the only president to be accused and abused the election process. He is very unpopular.

In fact, I can understand why people don't want Trump removed. It will give us the radical hypocrite Pence. Pence will only pardon the Criminal in Chief. Let's impeach in the House, vote him out then pull a Manafort and hand him the federal indictments once he leaves the White House driveway. That is a better option than removal. So I'm siding with the majority that want Trump impeached BUT NOT removed. Save his crimes for federal court so Pence can't save him. The GOP Senate will be on the wrong side of history. Hopefully, Graham and McConnell will be voted out next year. They are very unpopular as well. Only the third time in history a president will be impeached. That matters. Why do you think Trump is freaking out and writing unhinged, unstable ranting letters? He knows he will be viewed in history as a traitor. What do we think when will hear Nixon? No one cares that he resigned, they repeat the fact that he was a criminal, traitor and faced impeachment.

I loved seeing the Impeachment marches across the country last night. It was a huge contrast to the MAGA rallies of worship of the corrupt leader.

Old 12-18-2019, 07:05 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times
My wife does not follow politics. Yesterday she asked what this whole impeachment fuss is about. I explained to her that the democrats are trying to impeach him because he asked the leaders of Ukraine to investigate one of his rivals (Joe Biden) regarding corruption involving Biden and his son. I explained to her that Vice President Biden was captured on video threatening to withhold funds to Ukraine if the prosecutor investigating his son isn’t fired within 6hrs. She asked.... “Well then why isn’t Biden the one in trouble?”

Old 12-18-2019, 07:06 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
If Trump is impeached, Pence can't pardon him as the presidential pardon clause exempts impeachment.

As Pence was tied up in this Ukrainian extortion scam, not sure how he emerges unscathed. He's a crippled candidate at best.

No one seems to think that Republican Senators will vote to oust Trump. Which is probably just as well. Hang this albatross around their necks right through the election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies