Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2019, 07:04 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times

Advertisements

DarylG - I made the point in bold above that we have two applications of the laws. Normal folk are subject to the laws... the ruling class are not subject to the laws.

I just found this below - and it makes my point.

Former Army Employee Charged with Bribery, Kickbacks in Connection with Scheme to Steer Contracts

A former civilian employee of the U.S. Army was charged in an indictment unsealed today for his role in a scheme to steer Army contracts for work to be performed at Camp Arifjan, a U.S. Army base in Kuwait.

Ephraim Garcia, 62, was charged in an indictment filed in December 2018 in the District of Columbia with one count of offering a bribe, one count of receiving illegal gratuities and one count of offering kickbacks. The indictment further charges Gandhi Raj, 39, with paying illegal gratuities to Garcia.

As alleged in the indictment, Garcia worked in the U.S. Army’s Directorate of Public Works and was involved in the solicitation, award and management of various government contracts related to projects at Camp Arifjan. In or around September 2015, Garcia allegedly approached an employee of a prime contractor and offered to pay him in exchange for his assistance in steering contracts to a particular subcontractor owned by Raj, Gulf Link Venture Company. Garcia allegedly told the prime contractor employee that Gulf Link would artificially inflate the cost of certain of its bid proposals, and Garcia, Gulf Link and the prime contractor employee would split the proceeds. Additionally, over a period of about five years, Garcia and/or members of his immediate family allegedly received over $170,000 in wire transfers from Raj and other individuals associated with Gulf Link and another subcontractor that was bidding on work under the prime contract.

So - this points to your question #3 about this being illegal. This guy was charged. Why should H Biden be any different if Burisma benefited from Biden's presence?

Last edited by DRob4JC; 12-14-2019 at 07:14 AM..

Old 12-14-2019, 07:08 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
The claim that the impeachment is based on being mad about losing the 2016 election is a moronic talking point peddled by partisans who are intellectually incapable of formulating a cogent response to the charges yet find it necessary to proudly proclaim their ignorance from the mountaintops for all to hear.
Same talking points used by Nixon. And Clinton. Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The world is very bleak for liberals.... the world is ending every time they lose..../End sarcasm
Were you around for the 8 years Obama was president? Conservatives were screeching like stuck pigs every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
You don't have to like Joe Bob Trump to send him into the swamp to do battle with the swamp creatures. We would have preferred to send Mr. Rogers but he declined.
Trump isn't doing battle with swamp creatures though. Do you really not see that? He's placing them all into his cabinet. He doesn't give two chits about anyone that's not a millionaire or billionaire and that's why his cabinet is filled with Goldman Sachs - making themselves richer.

Old 12-14-2019, 07:13 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Many that are going to be voting Republican sure did. Trap set and they stepped right into it.
It was a nice run Democrats. RIP
Donald Trump 'set the trap' by planning his own impeachment?

Old 12-14-2019, 07:14 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Many that are going to be voting Republican sure did. Trap set and they stepped right into it.
It was a nice run Democrats. RIP
Yes, may the impeachment show about nothing (scripts by Larry David) march on its path to a massive Trump landslide in 2020 even bigger than the Conservatives wiping out Labour in the UK election....great times

Please Demonicrats, continue with your policy of impeachment is all we do 24X365.

Old 12-14-2019, 07:20 AM

23,984 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
DarylG - I made the point in bold above that we have two sets of laws. I just found this below - and it makes my point.

Former Army Employee Charged with Bribery, Kickbacks in Connection with Scheme to Steer Contracts

[i][indent][color="Navy"]A former civilian employee of the U.S. Army was charged in an indictment unsealed today for his role in a scheme to steer Army contracts for work to be performed at Camp Arifjan, a U.S. Army base in Kuwait.

So - this points to your question #3 about is being illegal. This guy was charged. Why should H Biden be any different if Burisma benefited from Biden's presence?
Do we know what H. Biden's job was with this company? IMO, I cannot believe Joe Biden knew nothing of this when his kid took the job. For a person who might consider running for POTUS one day, maybe, it was an incredibly stupid thing to permit. And stupid of H. to even consider it due to respect for his father.

But the whole country watched as Halliburton was given no bid contracts in Iraq knowing full well that VP Cheney had left Halliburton with a lot of deferred compensation coming his way. Cheney's retirement income was predicated on the health of Halliburton. IIRC, they were about to go under when we invaded Iraq. Nobody said a word. Perhaps the Bidens figured nobody cared.

Maybe this nation needs some laws about nepotism and conflict of interest. I have always been bother by the work done by Mrs. Clarence Thomas. And today, IMO, Mitch McConnell should recuse himself due to the position his wife holds. Part of his family income comes from the administration.

Old 12-14-2019, 07:27 AM

5,177 posts, read 3,091,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Maybe this nation needs some laws about nepotism and conflict of interest. I have always been bother by the work done by Mrs. Clarence Thomas. And today, IMO, Mitch McConnell should recuse himself due to the position his wife holds. Part of his family income comes from the administration.
A glimmer of hope — yet another begins to understand why Donald Trump was elected President.

Old 12-14-2019, 07:34 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
I question if people have some genuine concern about Hunter Biden. I don’t see how it affects Joe Biden in the election at all honestly for a few reason.

1) Hunter Biden is and was a grown man. How long is a father responsible for their Sons actions? Seems well into his 40’s per Republican congressmen. That’s insane and logically does not make any sense to most Americans.

2) Hunter Biden got paid to do nothing. I’m trying to figure out when that became a crime and why that is different that Trump’s family, Bush Family, heck the Kennedy family. Be honest and admit if your kid could use their name to get a high paying job would you tell them “ohh no you can’t do that, you should start out at minimum wage like all the other suckers”. I’ve never heard anyone say that ever in America.

3) I still have not heard anyone say what Hunter Biden was illegal. The USA is literally a “Get Rich By Any Means Necessary” place. We even applaud people admits to doing illegal activity but come out on top. It’s confusing as to what people are pretending to be mad about considering again it was legal.

There is so much Snowflake BS these days and this Biden stuff illustrates that to me. Hunter Biden, Ivanka Trump, Trump Jr, The Bush kids, Paris Hilton, On and On and On are all the same. Used their names and family ties to never work a real job ever and stay wealthy.

It’s the American way from what I can see.
You haven't been following along, I see.

If President Trump threatened on video the withholding of funds to Ukraine if the country didn't fire the prosecutor who happened to be investigating the company that employed Don Trump Jr., Dems would be throwing a fit and would be calling for criminal investigations (actual bribery and extortion, not pretend bribery and extortion).

If President Trump had concerns raised to him by career diplomats about his son's involvement in a company that he was trying to get the prosecutor who was investigating the company fired or face the loss of US funds, Dems would be crying foul. And rightfully so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXA--dj2-CY

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/18/u...n-ukraine.html

Of course, that's not what happened with President Trump, but it is the case of what occurred with Joe Biden.

Hell, even left wing loon Bill Maher can see the issue and hypocrisy for what it is:

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...-be-all-rachel

Note, maybe Hunter Biden didn't do anything wrong (or Joe Biden). But you know for damn well that there would be calls for an investigation (which is all President Trump called for in his call with Ukraine's president) if the roles were reversed.

Old 12-14-2019, 07:34 AM

23,984 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
A glimmer of hope — yet another begins to understand why Donald Trump was elected President.
Oh, you are preaching to the choir.

I am a firm believer in don''t re elect nobody. No pensions for federal elected and/or political appointments.

And spell out the benefits regarding days off, put a dollar amount on use of taxpayer owned resources for personal travel for POTUS, congresspeople and senators. etc. That business about the gym, barbershop and medical in the basement is out of date, too.

Old 12-14-2019, 07:35 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Donald Trump 'set the trap' by planning his own impeachment?
Is that your angle at what was said?
Once the scream for impeachment was raised, it was easy to see, what the consequences were going to be, unless one is so blinded by ignorance and rage. Operation Impeachment Backfire Boomerang, was launched. The trap was set. "Polls say the majority want impeachment" Pelosi thought.....
The majority wanted Pelosi, Nadler & Schiff to make fools of themselves, again.

It has been a disaster for the Democrats and the nation.

Old 12-14-2019, 07:41 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yes, may the impeachment show about nothing (scripts by Larry David) march on its path to a massive Trump landslide in 2020 even bigger than the Conservatives wiping out Labour in the UK election....great times

Please Demonicrats, continue with your policy of impeachment is all we do 24X365.

I hope Cocaine Mitch, drags this out until at least July, to weed out a few Senators from the campaign trail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies