Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2019, 04:42 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
When you stop badgering people who speak Spanish in public, or tell them they aren't real Americans based on their ethnicity, or lord it over others based on how long they've been on the country - then perhaps you will have a basis for conversation.
It's an imposition on Americans. We're the ones being badgered and imposed upon not the other way around. And that they're not "real" Americans is based on choosing to be un-American. There just needs to be moratorium on the policy of global migration into this country. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2019, 04:46 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Baloney, it's clear that these people are migrants. It's also matter of numbers too. Millions of Latin Americans cross that border but only a 100,000 or so are authorized to cross and take up residency. It's like 10:1 illegal vs legal origin. Would that all these foreigners arriving in such massive and unassimilated levels be legal it doesn't make it much better anyway.

Segregated world? So you do want open borders to Latin America? Thanks for admitting the truth.
You keep banging the 'illegal' angle when for all you know, they're American citizens.

Folks haven't forgotten your posting history. You want to be segregated from everyone but white people.

Old 12-14-2019, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I can’t deal with this level of pusillanimity. I gotta call it out.

If they’re shouting in a language you disapprove of, then PUT A STOP TO IT! Go up to them and let ‘em know that they’d better knock it off right now and start speaking a language that you approve of.

Telling us about it isn’t helping matters. If anything, it’s making you look as if you’ve got a yellow streak in your psyche.
You know full well that I can't confront the illegals or anyone who isn't white or even white who just choose to yell in a foreign languange and question or disapprove of their behavior without being persecuted. I wish ICE would deputize citizens and local authorities to help enforce the law. I would work for free to help remove illegals. There's no excuses for all the policies that intentionally allows this to go on.

Last edited by mtl1; 12-14-2019 at 04:57 PM..

Old 12-14-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You keep banging the 'illegal' angle when for all you know, they're American citizens.
I do know that statistically 90% are not of legal origin.

Old 12-14-2019, 04:55 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
That is still no reason to try to use it to badger people around today.
FYI, we live in a capitalistic society. That means those "major sites" have the right to deny any photos they want. Capitalism baby!

Old 12-14-2019, 05:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
You know full well that I can't confront the illegals or anyone who isn't white or even white who just choose to yell in a foreign languange and question or disapprove of their behavior without being persecuted. I wish ICE would deputize citizens and local authorities to help enforce the law. I would work for free to help remove illegals. There's no excuses for all the policies that intentionally allows this to go on.
You’re not only intolerant, but you’re afraid

The absolute worst combination. But of course, that’s the very definition of conservatism so I’m not surprised. Toughen up for crying out loud!

Old 12-14-2019, 05:09 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
I don’t have a shared history with you. The hell are you talking about?

Unless your ancestors were slaves like mine, ain’t no shared history.

And no, none of us blacks would be in Africa because we only exist because of slavery.

Maybe you would be living in a tin shack and digging holes if your family hadn’t escaped whatever dump they came from, but not me. I’m a purely American creation.
"A purely American creation" and as a result you do have a shared history with other Americans.

How do you know you wouldn't have been born in Africa if there was no slave trading? Speaking of Africa, I'm guessing you will never set foot in Africa . After all, it was other Africans who betrayed their own and kidnapped them so that they would be sold as slaves.

It's a shame that you are so filled with anger and hate. As a result you can't get over what happened in the past. Instead of realizing that the past is the past and you can't change it, you can look to the future and think about how much better your life is compared to your ancestors' lives.

I am well aware that due to fate, I was born in the US. Also, I'm well aware that life was hard for my slave ancestors, my Native American Indian ancestors and my white ancestors. Thus I appreciate that I was born in the US.

Have you ever shown up for a job interview only to get told "We don't hire blacks"? Back in the 40s, my father would show up for a job interview. They would take one look at him, then say, "We don't hire Puerto Ricans." He had no recourse when that happened. Instead, he persisted until he got a job. You know darn well that these days if someone dared to say such a thing to a job applicant, they would be in big legal trouble.

There is no country in this world that didn't have some ugliness in its past. Some to this day are still repressive.

Instead of trying to erase history, try learning from it and vow to never repeat past mistakes.

Old 12-14-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
You’re not only intolerant, but you’re afraid

The absolute worst combination. But of course, that’s the very definition of conservatism so I’m not surprised.
Why should I be tolerant of mass illegal migration? And why shouldn't I be afraid of persecution? And be real, it's not my place to hassle anyone as long as they don't do more than passively annoy me. It's federal responsibility to enforce immigration and protect the integrity of our national borders.

Old 12-14-2019, 05:40 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
What's with this focus on being black? Why not just focus on being American? If seems for you and many black Democrats, your primary identification is with your race, not just being American. You're always focused specifically on the black community, black people, etc. I am of Asian ancestry. Being American and being Southern to me is more important than being Asian American. When I vote, I don't think about who will do the most for Asian people or Asian countries, I focus on who is the best candidate for our country (or my parish, state, etc).

The funny thing is my life has not been that of an oppressed minority like liberals would have me believe. In my experience, America IS the land of opportunity and the American Dream IS real. My ancestors were from China and lost everything in the Communist Revolution. Yet liberals think we should be loyal to China, vote for China's interests when we vote in US elections. Or I should segregate myself in an Asian community and only focus on this community. Growing up in Louisiana, the South is also part of who I am. My gf has a Confederate flag tatoo. Many of my friends and neighbors have the rebel flag inside their homes, though they don't wear it outside as much these days because of all the media-fueled controversy and because all it takes is one crazy person to be offended and be triggered into violence. So no I'm NOT offended by plantations or Confederate flags. Its part of our history and culture. This has never been an issue here until outside liberals like Obama and Hillary, and the media started fanning the flames of division.

The liberals are using black people like you, that's why 90% of you vote for Democrats in racial solidarity. If any, this only creates resentment against the black community since your community is often seen as the reason Obama had two terms and why Governor Edwards was reelected here in Louisiana.
It doesn't matter what I call myself. What matters is what someone will perceive me as based on what I look like. I'm Black, I was born Black, and I'm going to die Black. When someone looks at me, they are going to notice that I'm Black first, not that I'm American. My primary identification is based on how I will be treated in this country related to everyone else here. It doesn't matter what I consider myself. If being American is all that matters, then Black Americans wouldn't be facing things like job discrimination, police brutality, and they wouldn't have the history in this country that they have. Don't tell me about "being an American". My ancestors have been in this country for centuries, and they weren't treated like Americans. I don't need some white liberal to tell me to be offended or outraged. A simple U.S. history will do.

Something else. My life is not your life. Yes, I grew up middle class. I've also dealt with discrimination and racism. Not like it was in Jim Crow, but I've dealt with some really stupid crap nonetheless. I'm not you. And no, liberals have not taught me to think this way. My personal experiences and things I have dealt with are why I think the way that I think. And I'm going to let you in on something. Black Americans are looked down on far more than Asians are. Asians might experience some prejudice, but based on my personal experiences, Asians are given a better perception relative to Black Americans. It's called the racial pecking order. And no, I don't need a liberal to teach me that. I learned that from experience.

Something else. Your girlfriend has a Confederate flag tattoo. If any woman has a Confederate flag tattoo, I'm never dating her. I hate the Confederate flag. Here is why. The Confederate flag represents the Confederate cause. And the Confederate cause was deeply rooted in keeping slavery. It was all about keeping slavery. That states' rights argument was about slavery. The Articles of Secession says this. A civil war historian who is also a southerner confirmed this for me when I asked him about it. He showed me in the Articles of Secession. i also read the Confederate Constitiution. It explicitly spelled out the right to keep slaves. For this reason, any flag used to identify as a Confederate represents the Confederate cause. And that cause would be to keep people like my ancestors in bondage for perpetuity. It also spelled out keeping the Black population under subjugation. Go read Alexander Stephens' Cornerstone Speech.

And something else. I learned what the Confederate flag was about, not from a White liberal in college. I learned it from my mother and father, both whom are Black people. My mother is a Black southerner, who grew during the 70s. She doesn't like the Confederate flag. My father is a Black notherner/Midwesterner. He grew up during the late 60s/early 1970s. He taught me about what the Confederate flag was about. And he didn't teach me about "southern heritage". Neither did my mother. I went and looked these things up for myself, and it confirms what my parents told me.

You blame "white liberals" for Black people thinking the way they do. I say you are dead wrong.

Old 12-14-2019, 05:43 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
I always thought the poster was middle aged lol?
LOL! The one thing that you're actually correct about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies