Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2019, 02:42 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,645,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
No it's a free country and people should do what they want and just ignore some people's incessant griping and demands. I think everyone should have a plantation wedding and fly a confederate flag just as an act of resistance if nothing else .
You mean like the griping you do because people on the street are speaking Spanish?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2019, 02:54 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,377,101 times
Quote:
Worry about your own history before you go critique others. China still has a condemnable culture.
My country is America.

Miss me with painting me with the perpetual foreigner stereotype.

Old 12-14-2019, 03:03 PM

12,967 posts, read 13,701,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Don't throw our community into this as a stalking horse. Not comparable to the African American experience.
Here we go again with who suffered more. Next I visit a museum of Chinese American history and someone mentions your hardships I can say "big deal,"

Old 12-14-2019, 03:09 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,892,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You mean like the griping you do because people on the street are speaking Spanish?
They are largely illegals and doing it in my presences. If they want to yell in a poorly spoken foreign language, they should do it away from me or better yet back in their homeland. These aren't just good ol' Americans choosing to practice speaking a foreign language pleasantly and politely.

Wedding ceremonies at a plantation are no imposition on anyone else. But illegally colonizing my home town is an imposition in every sense. Apples and oranges.

Old 12-14-2019, 03:14 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,645,764 times
Quote:
They are largely illegals and doing it in my presences. If they want to yell in a poorly spoken foreign language, they should do it away from me or better yet back in their homeland. These aren't just good ol' Americans choosing to practice speaking a foreign language pleasantly and politely.

Wedding ceremonies at a plantation are no imposition on anyone else. But illegally colonizing my home town is an imposition in every sense. Apples and oranges.
Oh stop. You have no idea who is here legally and who isn't.

You're great at telling people to get over it and get with modern day history when you want to live in a segregated world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
My country is America.

Miss me with painting me with the perpetual foreigner stereotype.
But you have little to no connection to white and black American's history and the people, but you like to criticize it. It's uncouth and distasteful and suspect.

44,259 posts, read 64,438,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Progressives ALLOW themselves to be offended by everything and must get some kind of euphoria from banning things and CONTROLLING others. It needs to STOP. They are huge control freaks.
On the one hand, I agree with you. In this case, I find it odd that plantations are being singled out.

On the other hand, finally standing up and telling you what you are saying is inappropriate and rude is literally the opposite of being a snowflake.

A control freak could be a person who says and does sh***y things to people and then gets mad that they won't stand for it anymore.

Old 12-14-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Oh stop. You have no idea who is here legally and who isn't.

You're great at telling people to get over it and get with modern day history when you want to live in a segregated world.
Baloney, it's clear that these people are migrants. It's also matter of numbers too. Millions of Latin Americans cross that border but only a 100,000 or so are authorized to cross and take up residency. It's like 10:1 illegal vs legal origin. Would that all these foreigners arriving in such massive and unassimilated levels be legal it doesn't make it much better anyway.

Segregated world? So you do want open borders to Latin America? Thanks for admitting the truth.

Old 12-14-2019, 03:51 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,857,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
You liberal snowflakes are ridiculous. The more accurate analogy would be, are you offended by visiting the Palace of Versailles because its a symbol of King Louis's oppression and because the royal family wasn't very nice to their servants???? Or are you offended by visiting Mayan Pyramids in Mexico because human sacrificies occurred there?

Slavery was part of human history and visiting a plantation don't mean that you're celebrating it. I have many plantations in my area, and they keep the charm from the bygone days. Not even all black people here are offended by plantations!!! They recognize that some of the biggest attractions in this area are plantations.
Visiting for history's sake in one thing. Having a celebration there, is totally inappropriate!

Old 12-14-2019, 03:54 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,377,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Here we go again with who suffered more. Next I visit a museum of Chinese American history and someone mentions your hardships I can say "big deal,"
Where did I say that Chinese Americans suffered more? Not getting drawn into a competition with the Oppression Olympics was my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies