Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 05:54 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I'm still sticking with my theory that there's maybe more jealousy toward the success of Jews than Asians because Jews are white. Where am I wrong ?
Ah, so now we're using the adjective "more." Did some digging?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2019, 05:59 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Nothing like blaming the murder victims. Are you making excuses because it was just Jews under terrorist attack, or are you making excuses because it was blacks who committed the crimes? I know they're "different," but I thought liberals were tolerant of different types of people. And do you condemn the immigrants, illegal or legal, who come to this country and insist on speaking Spanish? Why do you feel so comfortable complaining about the Jews?

In the meantime, you seem more concerned for the kids, unharmed in a nearby school, than you do for those who lost their lives. May they RIP.

Me? I don’t blame the victims.

I can however grasp the emotions the screaming mama probably was experiencing during a protracted shootout between LE and the shooters, just down the block from her kid’s school. I can also appreciate how afraid the children were in that school during the protracted lock down.

I am not complaining about “ the Jews”. I can understand how many feel when their neighborhood experiences cultural changes.

The Ultra Orthodox community are US people who generally prefer to speak Yiddish, not English.

Understanding is not the same thing as agreeing.

Old 12-12-2019, 06:02 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
I've never heard of Black Hebrew Israelites until reading the article in the news this morning about the shooting in NJ. What exactly are those "Black Hebrew Israelites"?
They are stupid, racist morons with guns and knives.

Old 12-12-2019, 07:43 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Nothing like blaming the murder victims. Are you making excuses because it was just Jews under terrorist attack, or are you making excuses because it was blacks who committed the crimes? I know they're "different," but I thought liberals were tolerant of different types of people. And do you condemn the immigrants, illegal or legal, who come to this country and insist on speaking Spanish? Why do you feel so comfortable complaining about the Jews?

In the meantime, you seem more concerned for the kids, unharmed in a nearby school, than you do for those who lost their lives. May they RIP.

Me? I don’t blame the victims.

I can however grasp the emotions the screaming mama probably was experiencing during a protracted shootout between LE and the shooters, just down the block from her kid’s school. I can also appreciate how afraid the children were in that school during the protracted lock down.

I am not complaining about “ the Jews”. I can understand how many feel when their neighborhood experiences cultural changes.

The Ultra Orthodox community are US people who generally prefer to speak Yiddish, not English.

Understanding why people react as they do is not the same thing as agreeing.

Old 12-12-2019, 07:47 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
I’ve encountered them numerous times on NYC streets. They spew hate towards white people.

Old 12-12-2019, 11:04 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Hey 100% agree with you on not liking this. I grew up in a church that was strongly anti-gay and am staunchly pro-gay as it's none of my g-darn business what other people do with regards to that. (Not to mention the hypocrisy given the sins of the congregation lol...but people don't like the light being shone on them.)

However, there is no equivalency pass for someone else being a jerk. Everyone is well aware of the fundy christian anti-gay segment of the Republican party. D's have some anti-gay segments too but they are much smaller and have only a fraction of the pull that you see in the Repubs big house. This is not meant to be a political jab but just a statement of fact.
Naw, The Homophobes in the Democratic Party are still strong on the State level, especially in the African American controlled areas as well as some of the more "traditional" white districts.

The best thing about the cultural revolution within the Democratic Party is the giant shift in those under 35 , but even that divide is still black and white.

Im fine with any attack on Farrahkan by the way, he is indeed trash and all Dems who meet with him need to rethink their priorities.

Old 12-13-2019, 12:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
They are stupid, racist morons with guns and knives.
They caused terror. They are a terrorist org.

Old 12-13-2019, 05:04 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Odd folks around here are willing to not dismiss 16 year old Nick Sandmann but readily pronounce that 16 year old Greta Thunberg is too young to have an opinion that matters...
sandmann kept his mouth shut and expressed no opinions so there was nothing to judge. he courted no publicity whatsoever.

now compare with gretel.

Old 12-13-2019, 05:54 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
sandmann kept his mouth shut and expressed no opinions so there was nothing to judge. he courted no publicity whatsoever.

now compare with gretel.
There's a tweet on the very first post of the thread from Sandmann going out to some 13,000 followers. Odd way to keep his mouth shut and express no opinion...

Old 12-13-2019, 06:02 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

now compare with gretel.
He did do interviews and I believe it was FOX only along with internet news alternatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies