Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2019, 02:33 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,302,098 times

Advertisements

I’m not sure in what universe Pelosi thinks this is a good idea or why
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2019, 02:34 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
What a ridiculous remark. Biden is not the President of the United States. He's not even in politics right now. How can you possibly compare the two and expect to be taken seriously?

The deranged irony is beyond ridiculous.

Old 12-19-2019, 02:35 PM

18,450 posts, read 8,282,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
You should really watch the entire McConnell speech, the quote you cited is not in context.

McConnell lays out the serious problems with this impeachment, and the very real danger is creates to all future presidents, and the nation as a whole.

If you are an independent (like I am), I would bet McConnell's speech would be quite compelling to you if you take the time to watch it in it's entirety.
exactly...in a nut shell...if one party controls both houses...they can disqualify any election at any time

Old 12-19-2019, 02:36 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So Congress will be out now for Christmas and the New Year. No reason why the Senate needs to be in a rush here. But come Monday, January 6 or very soon thereafter, it will be necessary for either Pelosi or McConnell to move this ahead, one way or another.

The facts are that President Trump has been officially impeached and the next step according to the US Constitution is a trial in the Senate. Nothing in-between.

McConnell will spend the next couple of weeks consulting with his caucus in the Senate, which includes some of the top constitutional lawyers in the country, and also whatever other counsel that he considers necessary. McConnell is now in control of what happens next, if he wants to be. And if his speech this morning is any indication, he does.

It is your move, Senator McConnell.
And that was an outstanding speech....the most impressive I've seen from him. I'm comfortable that the matter is in capable hands and that we'll be pleased with its disposition.

Old 12-19-2019, 02:46 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,194,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
So....3 years later...nothing has changed...

Impeachment is just accused of....not convicted of

Trump is still president....still has exactly the same powers...and will work this for all it's worth..LOL

the democrats wasted 3 years....have done nothing...have accomplished nothing
..and for some strange reason..are making it a point to let everyone on the planet know that!
Now now, to be fair Nancy finally got USMCA off her desk, even though she had to hide it behind impeachment to keep the far left loons distracted.

"AOC, look over here, were impeaching!" **Slips trade deal off desk to a vote**

Old 12-19-2019, 02:48 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
And that was an outstanding speech....the most impressive I've seen from him. I'm comfortable that the matter is in capable hands and that we'll be pleased with its disposition.
Yes...…....thank god the adults are now in charge.

Old 12-19-2019, 02:50 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,194,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
There is zero chance that Mitch McConnell allows himself or the Senate to be bullied by Nancy Pelosi and the House Democrats.

Case closed.

/End thread.
When the democrats can't control a process they resort to bullying (Kavanaugh case) and manufactured/paid protests. The good thing is, like a spoiled child, they can and will be ignored. McConnell has seen this before, I am confident he will handle it well again.

Old 12-19-2019, 02:54 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
This has to be among the stupidest things considered by House Democrats yet. After winning the House on the backs of the Russia collusion hoax, I never thought I'd see Dems work so hard to give up their House majority and to ensure the reelection of President Donald J. Trump.

Part of the problem with this impeachment is that, fair or not, it is and will be viewed as a partisan charade. And, indeed, the vote in the House to impeach was partisan with one independent voting in favor, while the vote against impeachment was bipartisan. Similarly, I expect the vote to convict to be partisan, while the vote against removal will be bipartisan. Regardless of what you think about impeachment, something that appears overtly partisan like this does will never serve to unite Americans in favor of impeachment/removal. This is going to backfire greatly on Dems.

In closing, Damn Nancy Pelosi and the Democrat Party!

Old 12-19-2019, 02:55 PM

18,450 posts, read 8,282,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Now now, to be fair Nancy finally got USMCA off her desk, even though she had to hide it behind impeachment to keep the far left loons distracted.

"AOC, look over here, were impeaching!" **Slips trade deal off desk to a vote**
good point!

Old 12-19-2019, 02:58 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
The House portion of the impeachment effort is finished.

The constitution does not outline rules, managers, and delivery methods. Once the House votes to impeach, they are finished. The Senate has full control now.

The Senate can begin their trial phase at any time and call for presentation of articles by the House. If no-one shows up, case dismissed. Pelosi/House has no role in next phase
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies