Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2019, 12:37 PM

16,565 posts, read 10,665,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
McConnell will hold a trial. Democrats won’t like the outcome, but Trump has a right to a trial, and McConnell should be given the opportunity to do the right thing.

If Pelosi went along with that nonsense, she’d be complicit in what I see as anti-Trump subterfuge, and she should be above such nonsense as the Speaker. We don’t have the presidency or the Senate, and we should keep in mind as liberals that elections have consequences and live with the Senate’s outcome even if we don’t like it. Trump should have his opportunity in a trial. It’s only right.

I don’t want anything to do with any stupidity that doesn’t see Pelosi sending the Articles over to the Senate. It’s UnAmerican. Do the right thing.
It's not often that I agree with you, so I thought it might be nice to publicly say so when I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2019, 12:38 PM

35,124 posts, read 17,087,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I would love one Democrat to answer this question. How do you square the fact that Democrats have been talking about impeachment since 19 minutes after Trump was sworn in?
I am a liberal Democrat. I square it with the fact that we didn't see this coming and we were so surprised with the result.

Old 12-19-2019, 12:39 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,735,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Once again you prove you cannot support your lies with any proof so you resort to deflection. Pathetic.
Very pathetic

Old 12-19-2019, 12:40 PM

26,820 posts, read 22,597,885 times
Oh just stop it already pls.
The amount of information on Ukraine's corruption ( and Democrats running their own lil' biz there,) with ex-ambassador Yovanovich being *so selective* of who was allowed to get a visa to meet with US Justice department and who was not - yes, the amount of condemning material is big enough.

So let Trump already get his day in court in Senate.
The show must go on.

Old 12-19-2019, 12:40 PM

20,162 posts, read 9,060,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
McConnell has already said he will not be an impartial juror. Wonder how that will hold up when he takes the oath that he WILL be an impartial juror? My guess is he'll lie under oath, and it won't matter.
does the House take the same oath about impartiality?

Old 12-19-2019, 12:48 PM

20,162 posts, read 9,060,402 times
Here's another impeach Trump article on March 2, 2016 - 8 months before the election.

the NY Daily News ...

https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/...icle-1.2549541

Old 12-19-2019, 12:51 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,535,603 times
So Congress will be out now for Christmas and the New Year. No reason why the Senate needs to be in a rush here. But come Monday, January 6 or very soon thereafter, it will be necessary for either Pelosi or McConnell to move this ahead, one way or another.

The facts are that President Trump has been officially impeached and the next step according to the US Constitution is a trial in the Senate. Nothing in-between.

McConnell will spend the next couple of weeks consulting with his caucus in the Senate, which includes some of the top constitutional lawyers in the country, and also whatever other counsel that he considers necessary. McConnell is now in control of what happens next, if he wants to be. And if his speech this morning is any indication, he does.

It is your move, Senator McConnell.

Old 12-19-2019, 12:53 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,696,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Some people are urging Pelosi to have the impeachment vote in the House but to not send the articles to the Senate if McConnell refuses to hold a trial with witnesses. Trump would remain impeached forever and never exonerated by the Senate. He could never crow about being found not guilty.

I think she should do it. McConnell does not want a fair trial presumably because he knows Bolton will sink Trump. If Trump is not guilty he should welcome an open fair trail not a whitewash.
I'm not sure of the rules, but in theory I say they should have a fair and real trial or none at all and just declare him innocent outside of the rules.

We should hear from Trump himself under oath.

At least that way history will record that.

But this isn't likely to happen. Still, history will record that Trump was the first elected President to be impeached for foreign tanglings....really one-of-a-kind.

It will fit nicely alongside his bottom rating(s) are POTUS. That is, historically (he's been in last place or within 1 or 2 places of it since he opened his big mouth).

Hey, let me get re-elected. Let people think he is God. Humans have thought that about a LOT of men throughout history....usually didn't work out too well.

Old 12-19-2019, 12:57 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,696,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
McConnell will spend the next couple of weeks consulting with his caucus in the Senate, which includes some of the top constitutional lawyers in the country, and also whatever other counsel that he considers necessary. McConnell is now in control of what happens next, if he wants to be. And if his speech this morning is any indication, he does.

It is your move, Senator McConnell.
Maybe he can ask the Chinese top bankers, party leaders, business people and others what to do since his Wife is part of their blood (and business) family?

Or, he could bring Putin in for advice...being that he is tied in with Russian oligarchs also and is against investigation of election interference and against more election secrurity here.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ot/1888397001/

Old 12-19-2019, 12:59 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,133,964 times
When this is all over, Nancy's arse is going to be so chapped, she'll wish it was just her monthly diaper rash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies