Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2019, 04:50 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoPhysicsPhD View Post
What's up with the personal attack?
How do you find an invitation to join me on the high road a personal attack?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2019, 11:05 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
To further bring this back to topic, since it has been determined that the President is, indeed, impeached, we will have to see how the house and senate move forward. We are not really in a stalemate that is being implied.
Agreed.......there is no stalemate. Instead we are in limbo. A place the founders never intended the country to be imo.

Pelosi is doing damage to the country.

Fortunately, the Senate outcome is assured so the damage will in all likelihood be limited. Imagine what would be happening if that weren't the case.

The real threat to national security is Pelosi and the Democratic party.

Old 12-27-2019, 01:03 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
At least the Demonicrats faux impeachment about nothing and dumping on the Constitution is getting Trump elected in a yuge landslide and Repub majority in 2020...thanks Dims!

Old 12-27-2019, 07:46 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
CONFIRMED: Trump Isn’t Impeached Until the House Tells the Senate
Fake news, BB.

Your boy is im-PEACHED.

Henceforth and forever more.

Old 12-27-2019, 07:59 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Fake news, BB.

Your boy is im-PEACHED.

So what? Impeached by rabid commies in the House only.

Yay, have fun with that, while Trump continues to MAGA!

Old 12-27-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
So what? Impeached by rabid commies in the House only.
"Rabid commies" you spout.

Amusing...

Concerned Americans purging a buffoon, SeaM.

Quote:
Yay, have fun with that, while Trump continues to MAGA!

I sense victory fatigue.

Old 12-27-2019, 09:02 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
F

Actually no OG.

The R's can take back the House and vote to rescind the Impeachment.

Forever more can be nevermore.

Plus the Senate says "No Evidence" pretty wipes out that Impeachment theory.

Old 12-27-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Actually no OG.

You mean, like the Dems have rescinded Clinton's impeachment after they've twice taken the House?
Quote:

"We'll see what happens."

Old 12-27-2019, 09:29 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Believe it or not, I am going to agree with you on some points as well. I don't like Joe Biden and hope he doesn't win the nomination. I don't think he has the mental (and maybe physical) capacity to be president. I keep an open mind about judges that are appointed also. Just because a judge is conservative or liberal, that does not predict how they will rule in the future. Voting with their conscience is important. I think most of them do that. The Democrats invited Trump (both with and without subpoenas) to present evidence and testify. He declined. So all they have is evidence that suggests the phone call, withheld aid, and canceled meeting was not above board. Without other information, it's difficult for them to draw any other conclusions.

And Senate Republicans have no information about the meeting or phone whatsoever, so they are in no position to defend Trump on something they know nothing about. Honestly, how can anyone know for sure that Trump did nothing wrong without any information? All we have is information strongly suggesting Trump did something wrong. Trump didn't even offer a statement from a lawyer regarding the matter. He may have done nothing wrong, but we hadn't heard his side of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
We live in a country where its not up to the defendant to prove their innocence.
True. But we do live in a country in which the three branches are coequal. That means Congress is entitled to order the president to produce witnesses or documents and he is required to comply. The president can't just thumb his nose at subpoenas because he thinks he's a king. (or is hiding something.)

Old 12-27-2019, 10:03 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Actually no OG.

"Vote to rescind the impeachment"?

How so? By amending the Constitution?

This is the reality of the situation: Mr. Trump was & remains impeached by the House.

As per the Constitution: the Senate is required to have a trial; the Chief Justice must preside; it takes a 2/3 vote to convict; there is no standard of evidence set for conviction (unlike a criminal trial where the defendant must be proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt).

The IM-POTUS says he doesn't "feel" impeached.

If I don't seem to understand those who think he should be King ... it's simply because I don't. As an American, I find it disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies