Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2019, 06:42 PM

11,103 posts, read 7,159,415 times

Advertisements

Why would such a kiss be "historical"? There have been many such scenes in movies. This is a non-issue. Regardless of your views, wake up / grow up. Get a clue about real issues going on all around us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2019, 06:53 PM

10,457 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I went to see the movie last night and I just knew it would cause Republican heads to explode. But, the scene was only less than a second long and it wasn’t between any prominent characters. Amazing how little it takes to a Republican into a tantrum.
That's funny, because hard core democrats are all over the world bashing this film, and Star Wars under Disney control period. Nothing to do with Republicans or democrats, the movies are just that bad.

Old 12-20-2019, 07:06 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,557 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The word homophobic is a buzz word invented to say those who don't like homosexual behavior have something wrong with them.. there is nothing wrong , no phobia.. they just have a moral compass.. Trying to make those who are moral as having a phobia is ridiculous.. what is wrong is having sex wth the same sex. It is unnatural . In the last days, GOOD IS CALLED BAD AND BAD IS CALLED GOOD.
There is absolutely something wrong with homophobes. Your sense of Morality comes from a book that has been perverted by multiple cultures from what it originally was, all the while people like you selectively follow what is still intact from its origins.

Ill take your morality seriously when you follow every word of that book.

Old 12-20-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
That's funny, because hard core democrats are all over the world bashing this film, and Star Wars under Disney control period. Nothing to do with Republicans or democrats, the movies are just that bad.
How is it funny ? Its just you side stepping the subject since the overall good or bad of the film has nothing to do with this thread since it is about the kiss itself.

Old 12-20-2019, 07:14 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
How is it funny ? Its just you side stepping the subject since the overall good or bad of the film has nothing to do with this thread since it is about the kiss itself.
Agreed. I have my own issues with Disney Star Wars. I thought this movie was better than the last one, the franchise is a shell of what it was when it was owned by George Lucas. However, this outrage is specifically regarding the kiss and not whether the movie was good or bad.

Old 12-20-2019, 07:15 PM

8,338 posts, read 2,965,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
WHEN was that!?!?!

As far back as 1939 when Mr Smith went to Washington there have been movies about politics.

What about all the old westerns, many of which show "Indians" as bad guy savages. Or War movies that paint a clear, if inaccurate, picture of who's the good guys and who's the bad guys? Come on. Stop clutching your pearls and pretending to be oh so woeful about the bygone era of a fantasy time that never existed.

But no problem with the incest of the first movie, eh?
Perhaps it's a good thing that you DON'T have kids??
Incest, homosexuality, beastiality, pedophilia. Sorry. Not into it. Perhaps the next Star Wars flick. If you can read I never said I didn’t have any kids. Stop forcing homosexuality on others. Especially kids. You like it, you watch it and show some tolerance to others they don’t.

Old 12-20-2019, 07:24 PM

16,602 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
It’s sad that you see a simple kiss between two females in a celebration scene as some subversive plot. LGBT folks must keep their PDAs under wraps while heterosexual ones are A-OK.

Just seeing that is an ordeal? Give me a break.
Heteros who would potentially bring their kids to a family movie, do not want to see depictions of homo affection.
You may not like that fact, but the fact remains.

Also, you and I both know this is a new phenomenon. It is now purposely put into a mainstream film as a means of desensitizing heteros from being disgusted with homosexuality depicted in movies.
It has not been the case throughout cinematic history, thus they never have expected to be exposed to it during a traditional family friendly movie series, like Star Wars.

That is right, hetero people might not give a flip that homos live the life they do. However they do not want to be exposed to direct and explicit depictions of it.

Some people get sick at the sight of it. But to a SJW, that matters not.
Yet I'd bet dollars to donuts if some imagery made liberals physically ill, they would not want those images to pop up on their TV, or in a movie they never expected those images to be in.

`

Old 12-20-2019, 07:27 PM

8,338 posts, read 2,965,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The leftist are pushing their sexual deviancy on children.. this is child abuse!!
Bingo. And it won’t stop there. These same nuts will try to normalize pedophilia and beastiality. There have been gay parades marching alongside NAMBLA members with their NAMBLA flag. Look up Harry Hay wearing a NAMBLA t-shirt, 1993.

Old 12-20-2019, 07:38 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Bingo. And it won’t stop there. These same nuts will try to normalize pedophilia and beastiality. There have been gay parades marching alongside NAMBLA members with their NAMBLA flag. Look up Harry Hay wearing a NAMBLA t-shirt, 1993.
That was in 1993 and to this day, the only groups where pedophilia seems to be a big problem is among conservative Republican lawmakers and clergy members. If you are concerned about pedophilia, you need to switch your target to the Roman Catholic Church.

I'm sick and tired of NAMBLA always being brought up to smear the entire LGBT community. The organization only had 1100 members in 1995, per Wikipedia.

Old 12-20-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Agreed. I have my own issues with Disney Star Wars. I thought this movie was better than the last one, the franchise is a shell of what it was when it was owned by George Lucas. However, this outrage is specifically regarding the kiss and not whether the movie was good or bad.
Meh, I dont have that much of a problem with the films. But i dont get the weird pretending they think this thread is about the film overall.

Its like their minds cant comprehend someone not liking the film, but not caring about the same sex kiss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies