Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How Do You Want The Trump Impeachment Resolved?
Trump is found guilty and removed 25 19.53%
Trump is found guilty but allowed to finish term, barred from running in 2020 4 3.13%
Trump is found guilty and removed/barred from running in 2020 18 14.06%
Trump is exonerated 81 63.28%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 07:33 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times

Advertisements

Please give your reasons, rationale for your response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2019, 07:49 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times
The first week of January 2020 the House votes to authorize the appointment of the appropriate impeachment managers and to notify the Senate of their actions.

Then the Senate will then initiate the impeachment trial process and complete it using basically the same rules used for the impeachment trial of Bill Clinton.

This is how this process is supposed to work. Since it was started now it needs to be finished.

Old 12-21-2019, 08:06 PM

1,417 posts, read 735,601 times
There is simply no legitimate basis for impeachment. With all seriousness, Trump has been the closest to an exemplary President as we have had in my lifetime.

If the historians are honest, Trump will become the most widely known and studied President, and likely venerated. There was an actual coup d'etat against him and man stood virtually alone with his greatest ally being his family. The American people stood by, his own party stood by, the courts stood by, his own Attorney General stabbed him in the back. He is a giant of a man who could easily keep the company of Washington or Andrew Jackson. Funny thing too, when 2015 started, I had never heard of him. A year later I voted for him.

Old 12-21-2019, 08:39 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
It is a hoax .. the continuation by the Nancy Pelosi crowd handed over by Mueller. He was finished with the failed Russia hoax. He passed the baton to the house and they ran with it.

Old 12-21-2019, 08:41 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,554,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
There is simply no legitimate basis for impeachment. With all seriousness, Trump has been the closest to an exemplary President as we have had in my lifetime.
With all seriousness, that was funny!

Old 12-21-2019, 08:50 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,887,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
With all seriousness, that was funny!
I agree, sadly it's almost as bad as Pelosi pretending the entire process was about righting a wrong and not about partisan politics.

Trump is an ass and I detest him, but what we just witnessed the dems do? Yep they went lower than Trump.

Last edited by boneyard1962; 12-21-2019 at 09:50 PM..

Old 12-21-2019, 08:56 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
...... Yep they went lower than Trump.

Possibly why "never" is the most popular choice. I'm guessing they want it to end now.

Old 12-21-2019, 09:10 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Quote:

If the historians are honest, Trump will become the most widely known and studied President, and likely venerated. There was an actual coup d'etat against him and man stood virtually alone with his greatest ally being his family. The American people stood by, his own party stood by, the courts stood by, his own Attorney General stabbed him in the back. He is a giant of a man who could easily keep the company of Washington or Andrew Jackson. Funny thing too, when 2015 started, I had never heard of him. A year later I voted for him.
The House weighed the matter and decided the basis was legitimate. They were the only ones with the authority to make the decision.

It's a matter of opinion whether Trump has been exemplary.

Who is a dishonest historian? Please don't tar an entire occupation's reputation with your beliefs on what they do. Your beliefs are incorrect. Historians are all as honest as they can be, because they have to be. They aren't commentators, and they aren't propagandists. Those are different jobs.

Historians are historians because they collect all the known facts and opinions of the time on the subjects they write about, and present them as they were then or are known to be now.
Facts are every historian's stock in trade. Historians always annotate the facts they find so a reader can trace them back to their sources.

If a reader disagrees, then it's not the historian's job to fix things to make them agreeable. If a source is proven to be wrong, the historian revises his work.

If a historian offers any personal opinions of those facts in his work, he lets them be known as such. Most do not offer their opinions at all.

The work itself is expected to allow the reader to reach a factual conclusion. History is not a fairy tale. It needs no happy ending. It only needs to be factual.

A coup d'etat is an illegal overthrow of a government.
The impeachment was perfectly legal and done in accordance with our Constitution by our elected representatives.
Once more, this is only your opinion.

Everything else you said is only your opinion. Historians may take your opinion into account or they may not.

My opinions differ, but the same is true.
There are a big bunch of others who feel the same way you do, and that's how it is with me, too. Is your opinion so different as to be noteworthy? I know mine isn't.

So we have both let our opinions be known publicly. Maybe some historian will see them some day, but if he does, he will be honest. He will say these are divided times, and use us as evidence of his conclusion.

Since his evidence is factual and can be traced to its original sources, his readers will take them as such with no need of our opinions, nor the historian's own opinions.

Last edited by banjomike; 12-21-2019 at 09:29 PM..

Old 12-21-2019, 09:23 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:

Wow. I’m perplexed of the admiration you have of this man. He has a terrible history before he became our potus, and has not been exemplary or would not be in this present situation and the many more problems he has created. I’ll will give you that he has a lot of luck on his side to continue his agenda. But it’s true. He could shoot into the crowd, and people would still vote for him. I can only shake my head.

Old 12-21-2019, 09:26 PM

20,062 posts, read 20,877,739 times
Christ. The guy has a year left.
Just let it go and make the difference at the polls. If you have the better candidate, election day will have chosen the impeachment or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies