Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 07:28 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I’ve never seen or heard that blacks n Hispanics hate Jews. However, I have seen Jews feel superior to others, I saw that in Miami alot. In NY it could be something else going on. I have heard Black and Asians do not play well together but the base is money. I hope this calms down, prayers for the victims.
Interesting. Here above we have a liberal, immediately turning around the previous comment to criticize Jews. Studies have shown that antisemitism is higher among blacks then whites, as well as among first-generation Hispanics. My sense has always been that the higher level of antisemitism among blacks/Hispanic immigrants was due to their lower level of education (and consequently lower earnings...and thus jealously), but I recall Prospecting Heights Resident correcting me - pointing out that antisemitism is still higher among educated blacks than educated whites. (PHR can correct me if I my memory is shaky).

Old 12-29-2019, 07:29 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
There is something that is both alarming and mystifying to me in this upsurge. (And yes I am aware of anti-Semitic sentiment historically, including from African-Americans.)

What could be triggering this? Some type of religious or sectarian or "community" phenom?

Even if the perpetrators are not of one specific religion or another, can they be influenced by societal and political discourse that places certain groups in the good guy or bad guy category?
This seems particular to the NYC area. Is it because a lot of blacks are feeling squeezed out due to gentrification? Generally speaking, blacks find reasons to not like blacks more so than they find reasons to not like others. Blacks are mostly attacking and killing blacks. Everyone knows this. If blacks don’t like another group it’s generally because they feel this group is treating them bad or unfairly. One needs to study the history of the relationship between blacks and Jews in NYC area. I can’t speak on that history.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:34 AM

862 posts, read 519,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
This seems particular to the NYC area. Is it because a lot of blacks are feeling squeezed out due to gentrification? Generally speaking, blacks find reasons to not like blacks more so than they find reasons to not like others. Blacks are mostly attacking and killing blacks. Everyone knows this. If blacks don’t like another group it’s generally because they feel this group is treating them bad or unfairly. One needs to study the history of the relationship between blacks and Jews in NYC area. I can’t speak on that history.
Gentrification or whatever you can come up with (hysterical considering Jews where all in these areas first) is a lame excuse.

Its hatred pure and simple. And it goes unchecked because this country can never ever honestly discuss issues within the black community without getting deemed racist.

Years of Sharpton, Farakhan, the BDSing of colleges, SJW's, and other anti Israel rhetoric which always bleeds into Anti Semitism doesn't help either.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:35 AM

18,460 posts, read 8,287,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Virtually all of the anti-Semitic attacks in Brooklyn over the past couple of weeks have been young black males against (primarily) elderly or middle-aged Jews. .
absolutely right....only it's been going on for years....the knock out game

people have died...been put in the hospital

Old 12-29-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:

Another liberal speaks.

Nice way of defending the blacks' anti-Semitic attacks on Jews! (They don't like how they're treated by them. Pffffffttttt…..) In the 1940s and 1950s, Jews in Brooklyn were often the only ones willing to HIRE blacks. (I should know. My grandfather ran a small grocery store.) And in the 1960s, they marched side-by-side for Civil Rights, risking their own lives. And yet, you come up with some cockamamie defense of the HORRENDOUS behavior of anti-Semitic blacks: that Jews don't treat blacks well. Oye.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:40 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,081,183 times
Guess Jews need to get their carry permits, and if they are in NYC....well, break the law and carry one anyhow.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:41 AM

862 posts, read 519,879 times
Anti Semitism needs to be condemned from all sides.

Until our firefighters in the media and politics understand this and don't only give a damn when it can be blamed on the right, this will continue.

And with that I'm out. Can't deal with this today. Be safe, and just try to be a good person.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Here's the problem: Progressives have determined which minorities are "worthy" of protection and defense, and which minorities are not - and it goes hand-in-hand with which are struggling, and which are (by and large) successful. They go on auto-pilot to protect those whom they see as downtrodden and throw under the bus those they see as successful. Never do we see this more clearly in the black v Jew attacks.

Virtually all of the anti-Semitic attacks in Brooklyn over the past couple of weeks have been young black males against (primarily) elderly or middle-aged Jews. Thus, liberals tend to downplay the attacks for two reasons: the perpetrator is among the "downtrodden" group they wish to defend, and the victim is among the Jewish community whom they are willing to throw under the bus.

I have seen posters start threads on relatively minor racist incidents (there was one where a white racist couple yelled slurs at a black man), and while any racist incident, no matter how minor, is wrong and should be condemned, these racist incidents pale in comparison to that which the Jewish people are suffering. Yet, liberals will pile on to the "minor" racist incidents (MAGA country! Trump supporters!) while giving very little mind to the anti-Semitic attacks, especially when committed by blacks. (It is only when the anti-Semitic attacks rise to a murderous massacre, or committed by a white man, that they express whole-hearted condemnation.)

We need to take much stronger actions against those who commit anti-Semitic attacks, and yes....that includes blacks who assault Jews on Brooklyn streets. I'd say that every single one of the lowlifes should, if convicted, be sentenced to prison for the maximum. The message would be clear: don't think that because you're black, you will be protected by the liberal government of NYC. YOU will be going to jail.
BS!!!

America is responsible for the horrors of black oppression in this land of America. America is not where Jewish oppression took place. America is not responsible for oppressing Jews, but it is responsible for oppressing blacks.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
Gentrification or whatever you can come up with (hysterical considering Jews where all in these areas first) is a lame excuse.

Its hatred pure and simple. And it goes unchecked because this country can never ever honestly discuss issues within the black community without getting deemed racist.

Years of Sharpton, Farakhan, the BDSing of colleges, SJW's, and other anti Israel rhetoric which always bleeds into Anti Semitism doesn't help either.
Like I said.....this is endemic to NYC. Call me when it’s a national phenomenon.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:50 AM

Quote:
BS!!!

America is responsible for the horrors of black oppression in this land of America. America is not where Jewish oppression took place. America is not responsible for oppressing Jews, but it is responsible for oppressing blacks.
Sorry, this thread is NOT about American "oppressing" blacks. This thread is about blacks attacking Jews! Can't you acknowledge that some blacks are horrific, rather than immediately turning around and blaming whitey?? And that Farrakhan supporters, of which you are one, are being brainwashed into hating Jews? It's time you:

1) Denounce Farrakhan instead of telling people how much you admire and respect him, and
2) Admit that blacks can and do commit horrific actions and that they themselves are responsible - not white oppressors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies