Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 06:47 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,724,101 times

Advertisements

I'd say that some American Jews already know very well that White Nationalism isn't good for them. They've seen it plenty of times before.

And if anyone is math-challenged about this, all they need to do is look at the Jewish Voting Record in 2018 (and even 2016) compared to earlier times.

The few "Right Wing" Jews are louder than ever but the voting numbers speak with much more accuracy. That is, the loud right wing Jews (I mean loud about "anti-semitism being caused by liberals) are a tiny percentage of Jews in total (in the USA...and, actually, in Israel also where most are secular)....

90% of the Jews I know (and that is 100's) would never be the targets of anything since they don't attend any sort of worship services and do not identify as religious.

In short, the White Nationalist movement is most responsible for the rise in hate crimes, including those against Jews.

Old 12-30-2019, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
Most reformed Jews such as myself are beyond saving at this point. The desire to play SJW at the expense of our own communities is an unexplainable phenomenon.

I do believe conservative and orthodox denominations will have huge upticks in rightside voting in upcomming elections though.
IF you truly believe this, perhaps you could explain the following....I truly am interested. My take is as above - where the loudest are skewing the conversation but not the vote.

In 2014 only 66% of Jews voted Democratic
In 2018 79% of Jews voted Democratic

That's a MASSIVE swing and due to a single factor - that by 2018 Jews knew who Trump was. They knew about the dangers of White Nationalism.

Please list out what has happened in 2019 that you think reverses this trend. Thanks!

Old 12-30-2019, 06:51 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,532,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
In short, the White Nationalist movement is most responsible for the rise in hate crimes, including those against Jews.
Seems rather silly to make this claim in the midst of evidence to the contrary ... almost as though you are trying to convince people of something.

Old 12-30-2019, 06:54 AM

862 posts, read 521,344 times
Quote:
IF you truly believe this, perhaps you could explain the following....I truly am interested. My take is as above - where the loudest are skewing the conversation but not the vote.

In 2014 only 66% of Jews voted Democratic
In 2018 79% of Jews voted Democratic

That's a MASSIVE swing and due to a single factor - that by 2018 Jews knew who Trump was. They knew about the dangers of White Nationalism.

Please list out what has happened in 2019 that you think reverses this trend. Thanks!
Most Jews in this country are reformed. Read my post.

Religious communities in Lakewood, Monsey, Brooklyn etc all voted red in 2016.

Non religous Jews which is the majority vote blue, religous ones vote red.

I suspect religious ones will be even more red this time, and non will be relatively unchanged.

Old 12-30-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Seems rather silly to make this claim in the midst of evidence to the contrary ... almost as though you are trying to convince people of something.
No, unlike all the poster here who have preached "walkaway" and "blacks are leaving en masse" and "Jews are leaving" I do not think I skew a single vote.

Rather I am pointing to numbers which reflect the actual actions of millions of Americans with Jewish backgrounds.

Please - your evidence to the contrary? Not one piece - but something major you think has changed the numbers that have been headed in one direction for 4 or more years???

The Pittsburgh attack and the New Zealand attack and the manifestos of such - point to white nationalism. Jews know this.

You seem to be suggesting that Jews read these manifestos and then think "I will vote for the good people Trump talks about who were at Charlottesville".

They won't.

Given that the Jewish vote for democrats has been as low as 66% (and maybe lower) in some elections since 2000, it's you that needs to prove why it's 79% today......or why it won't be.

I predict it will be at least.....74% for Democrat and less than 18% for Trump. Unfortunately a lot of Jewish folks vote 3rd party (including myself).

Old 12-30-2019, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
Most Jews in this country are reformed. Read my post.
Well, they are.

I agree 100%.

What I do not agree with is the idea that those of Jewish background in the USA are going to slant toward White Nationalism. Do you agree with that?

Old 12-30-2019, 06:59 AM

862 posts, read 521,344 times
Quote:
Well, they are.

I agree 100%.

What I do not agree with is the idea that those of Jewish background in the USA are going to slant toward White Nationalism. Do you agree with that?
I don't know what you want me to say. I already said twice now that the majority of Jews are too busy playing identity politics to realize what is happening to their religious brothers and sisters, and say enough and change their vote.

It's tragic, because Far left politics is a much bigger threat to Jews in this Country and especially worldwide than White Nationalism.

White Nationalism is correcty always condemned. Jew Hatred from the left is excused and looked away time and time again, not to mention engrained in the fabric of our universities, and media.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:07 AM

858 posts, read 427,079 times
Assuming this thread is in response to the latest attack on Hasidic Jews in Monsey, their is no evidence yet linking the perp to left wing politics as a motivation.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
Assuming this thread is in response to the latest attack on Hasidic Jews in Monsey, their is no evidence yet linking the perp to left wing politics as a motivation.
Reality doesn't matter to these folks here. Heck, they believe that the Pittsburgh shooter was left wing. They will twist and "prove" whatever suits their already fixed POV.....

I'm not debating whether Jews are secular or left-leaning. I'm disagreeing with the usual voice here (almost always wrong) that say Jews will "finally realize" they should vote for White Nationalists because it's the better of two choices.

That's not going to happen.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:12 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,739,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I totally agree it needs to be called out wherever it is found. However for whatever reason the rise in anti-semitism is coming from the left!
Why is it deemed to be coming from the left....because the attackers were black? Do you know if these black attackers actively supported the democratic party and their platform? I highly doubt that Black Hebrew Israelite support the democrats. They are a fringe group that does not support the left or right.

Black people are not synonymous with "The left".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies