Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 07:37 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
If you are blaming only one side for anti-semitism, you aren't serious about the matter.

It needs to be called out wherever it is found - no matter the politics but evidently you are unable to do so.
Jews have always 'called out' anti-Semitism from the right. To put it in language you might understand, far to many Jews aren't quite woke, awakened to the tolerance and danger of anti-Semitism from the left.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:39 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,715,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
Because left leaning politicians have been shown time and time again to not give a damn about mistreatment of Jews unless it can be pinned on Trump or White Supremacy.

That is why this is a left problem right now. They continually use us as pawns and it is sickening.
The left are hypocrites and the right are hypocrites. Politics have become pure hypocrisy. Each side is trying to sabotage the other without regards to it ultimately destroying the nation. You can't have a discussion without it being turned to a left vs right paradigm. Then mention race a couple of times and people say that is all you talk about.....lol. No. Left vs right is all that is talked about.

That said, religion is historically combustible when mixed together. I do believe that a rise in the Muslim population from other countries will work against Jews. Jews and Muslims have become like dogs and cats, all exacerbated by the issue of Israel and Palestinians. Christianity is fading and being watered down. You do not even see Orthodox Christians in the way you see orthodox members of other religions....at least I don't. Christian seem to all conform to secularism in their dress and behaviors. Thus, without true believers there is less conflict with the other religions these days.

Jews are in a tough position because of their relative small numbers compared to Christianity and Islam. They have to watch their back. That having been said, how do you protect from the growth of the type of rhetoric that leads people to hate Jews unless someone address why these people are hating Jews? What is the rhetoric that leads to the hatred of Jews? What are Jews being accused of? I honestly don't know. I know that whatever it is it does not justify physical violence against Jews.

The thing about black people in this nation is that we have had stereotypes pounded in us, about ourselves and others. Many black people see black people in the way that white people have seen black people stereotypical. If that is true, and it is, it stands to reason that many black people see Jewish people based upon the stereotypes that were prevalent in the white culture. When you live in this country for a long time, you are culturally conditioned to all its stereotypes. Having only known a few Jewish people personally, what I mostly know of Jewish people comes from stereotypes. Stereotypes often lead to self fulfilling prophecy. I don't subscribe to the stereotypes, though. If I am looking for a lawyers, I am not gong to go try to find a Jewish guy.

If there is a lot of crime in the black community....sometimes other races and religions are going to be victims. When that happens we should not always assume that it is racial or religious motivated. Of course some of it is....but then some of it is not.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:43 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,772,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The fact that you leftists have to return to an incident from three years ago, spouting your lies, tells me something.

And Antifia are rightists? And the anti-Israel BDS groups beating up Jews are rightists? And Tlaib who joined forces with an anti-Semitic group to fund her trip to Palestine is a rightist? And Omar with her "it's about the Benjamins" remark is a rightist? And the Democrat Councilman in DC who mimicked Farrakhan's remark that "Jews control the weather" is a rightist? And the leader of the Women's March, who fired a Jew from the leadership rank because "blacks wouldn't be comfortable with a Jew in a leadership role" is a rightist?
Well said. The current rise in anti-Semitism is coming from the left. There have always been anti-Semites on both sides of the political spectrum, but what has changed is the left has begun openly embracing it.

Note that I am not a Jew. I am a moderate politically, agreeing with Dems on some issues and Repubs on others. I don't like either extreme but we find ourselves at this point with the Democrats falling over themselves to see who can go furthest left. I find this far left takeover of the Democrat party terrifying in terms of basic human rights. I have voted with the winner in 10 of the past 11 presidential elections and will be voting Republican in 2020 as a consequence of where the Democratic party has gone/is going. The anti-Semitism aspect of the far left is particularly troubling given the long history of what the Jewish people have suffered.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:44 AM

862 posts, read 520,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Well said. The current rise in anti-Semitism is coming from the left. There have always been anti-Semites on both sides of the political spectrum, but what has changed is the left has begun openly embracing it.

Note that I am not a Jew. I am a moderate politically, agreeing with Dems on some issues and Repubs on others. I don't like either extreme but we find ourselves at this point with the Democrats falling over themselves to see who can go furthest left. I find this far left takeover of the Democrat party terrifying in terms of basic human rights. I have voted with the winner in 10 of the past 11 presidential elections and will be voting Republican in 2020 as a consequence of where the Democratic party has gone/is going. The anti-Semitism aspect of the far left is particularly troubling given the long history of what the Jewish people have suffered.
This

Old 12-30-2019, 07:47 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times
Quote:

Thank you.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:49 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times
Quote:

Spot-on.

Case in point: we've had several attacks perpetrated by blacks against Jews in just the last couple weeks alone, yet some of the leftists here want to continue blaming white nationalism for them. It’s asinine.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:50 AM

858 posts, read 425,105 times
Quote:

To repeat, their is no evidence thus far that the recent attack in Monsey is connected to left wing politics or ideology.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:53 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Did you read the article? There was no blame placed on one side at all.
Did you read the OP? He blames Democrats.

Just more division. There IS a rise in antisemitism and it comes from BOTH SIDES. Our country is DIVIDED.

IF no one is willing to discuss that - on EITHER side; then there is no point in any discussion whatsoever.

We will stand together or we will fall together. Simple as that.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:55 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,715,671 times
Quote:

Saying that the current rise is coming from the left ignores and minimizes what side the great preponderance of such sentiment is coming from, which is the right. If 8% of the attacks on Jews nationally was coming from the "left" and now 10% of those attacks are coming from the left, while 90% is coming from the right, the left is not your problem, despite the rise. The so called left incidences are related to NYC vicinity. It's endemic to NY. Yet, nobody here seems to want to know why? What is the relationships between blacks and Jews in NYC area? How did it come to this?

Old 12-30-2019, 08:10 AM

4,729 posts, read 4,368,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

I'm not debating whether Jews are secular or left-leaning. I'm disagreeing with the usual voice here (almost always wrong) that say Jews will "finally realize" they should vote for White Nationalists because it's the better of two choices.

That's not going to happen.
That’s ridiculous. Not one Jew will make a choice to vote for White Nationalists. You’re , of course in a sneaky way, trying to equate Republicans with white nationalists, and those of us who don’t spend time in your liberal echo chambers, know that that’s a false equation. I’m an Orthodox Jew. I vote red. Never in a million years would I vote for an anti semite. I thank G-d every day for delivering us Trump, who has done more for American and worldwide Jewry than any president ever. Ever! Don’t lecture me that somehow I’m supporting white nationalism. You think I’m stupid? < cue more left wing Jew hatred>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies