Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2020, 02:30 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
When I vote for a person who mocks the handicapped and spits on our POWs, I too will have TDS. Most folks learn right from wrong at an early age, assuming they're being raised by civilized people.

That's another thing that is befalling us in this era. We're having the book rewritten about just what civilization is. If this trend is allowed to continue, we may lose a couple of hundred years off the edge of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2020, 02:33 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
He spit on ALL of our POWs and the whole world watched him mock a handicapped man.
That's not really an economic argument !!!
It does highlight the point that the democrats have no actually economic argument to counter Trumponomics where the economic foundation and fundamentals are very positive !!!

Democrats really have to deflect to other issues anytime the economy is discussed !!! If they stay on topic they have to argue for economic purity !!! Again they are doomed to failure !!! There is no economic purity in any economy !!! Not in the past, present or the future !!! There will always be problems looming on the horizon !!!

Last edited by phma; 01-02-2020 at 02:42 AM..

Old 01-02-2020, 03:33 AM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
All presidents add to the national debt Trump as well stop kissing Trumps arse and lying to yourself. You and the other Trump supporters are the one who needs a life, How much of life do you spend on here defending the scumbag? I’m betting it’s 10 times more then I’m on here.

Not that you have sense enough to believe anything outside of what Trump tells you to believe.

Throughout his campaign to become the 45th president, Donald J. Trump called the U.S. economy “the Obama economic disaster.” As the late senator from New York Daniel Patrick Moynihan liked to say, “Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.” And the economic facts are cruel to Trump’s claim.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...-obama-economy
Actually you're about even if pilot if you look at the amt of posts both of you have made since you joined. I've seen many who attack the Republicans and the President that are on here morning noon and night. Everyone's life style is different and we have a lot of retirees here.

On the subject - I'm middle class and am doing much better than I was 4 yrs ago. We've gotten raises - nice income tax returns - but the increase in health care is the one thing I wish they would hit next as well as building the wall.

Old 01-02-2020, 03:43 AM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
B.S if your doing better financially it’s your own doing stop trying to give Trump credit for that your delusional n if you think he’s responsible. Conservatives are the ones running around preaching fear and doubt so spear us.
BTW, working class people don’t play the stock market because they can’t afford it nor the risk that comes with it. Once AGAIN just because rich people are doing good doesn’t mean everyone else is. Trump and his friends are rich so in his head because he’s doing well financially the fool thinks everyone else is too.

I make more now then when Obama was in office. Why? Because I work 60-70 hours a week not because I make more money just more hours. Nice try though.
The number of people working 2 jobs is down. People working 2 jobs has been done for years. My dad worked 2 jobs back in the 70's so my parents could save money to put down on a house. Another friend has had a full time job and then worked part time at Macy's for years to help put her kids through college as she didn't want them taking out school loans - plus she liked her discount. Another friend worked at a bank but during the holiday season picked up hours at Sears to be able to afford a few extra gifts and use her discount. Working 2 jobs is nothing new.

Many started working 2 jobs because when the ACA was enacted - many places would only allow workers to work less than 30 hours because they didn't want to pay health care and why many people needed to find another job to pay the bills and their own healthcare.

I'm not delusional giving Trump credit - he made a lot of changes that worked in the economy's favor - meanwhile my 401 improved as well as the nice tax refund last year - and we're lower middle class. It was much appreciated.

Old 01-02-2020, 04:22 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I guess it means something.

So why is welfare so high? Why doesn't that carry weight vs more people working?
Of course some will think the economy is better. That's the rub, if you're working the economy can't be too bad.

It was pretty bad when Obama took office. Easy enough to go up and it did. Still wasn't good.
"I guess it means something." You guess?

"So why is welfare so high?" like they say, "if you have to ask the question, you would NOT understand the answer"!

Old 01-02-2020, 04:29 AM

Quote:
B.S if your doing better financially it’s your own doing stop trying to give Trump credit for that your delusional n if you think he’s responsible. Conservatives are the ones running around preaching fear and doubt so spear us.
BTW, working class people don’t play the stock market because they can’t afford it nor the risk that comes with it. Once AGAIN just because rich people are doing good doesn’t mean everyone else is. Trump and his friends are rich so in his head because he’s doing well financially the fool thinks everyone else is too.

I make more now then when Obama was in office. Why? Because I work 60-70 hours a week not because I make more money just more hours. Nice try though.
"BTW, working class people don’t play the stock market because they can’t afford it nor the risk that comes with it."

Another one who claims to know about EVERYONE ELSE and what they do.

Hint. MOST working class people have an IRA or a 401K or BOTH which invests in, wait for it, the STOCK MARKET.

Old 01-02-2020, 04:32 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Trump economy defies critics – 2019 another year of the 'experts' getting it all wrong

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/andy...g-it-all-wrong

The only thing that rivals President Trump’s tally of kept promises is the endless list of inaccurate predictions his critics have made about the U.S. economy. 

Old 01-02-2020, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Donald Trump Mocks Disabled Reporter...
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donal...b0860924770c24
"Donald Trump Mocks Disabled Reporter..."

"Reporters" mock trump ALL the TIME. Liberal "reporters" mock repubs ALL the time. If you can't take it, DON'T dish it out!

Old 01-02-2020, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
You're WRONG. You're outdated. The consumer confidence index has been trending so far down that it is now below where it was when Obama left office. For proof I am right: https://data.oecd.org/leadind/consum...-index-cci.htm
"WRONG" depends on which one you read.

"The University of Michigan's consumer sentiment for the US was revised slightly higher to 99.3 in December of 2019 from a preliminary of 99.2 and 96.8 in November. It is the highest reading since May and the second best in 2019. Current conditions were seen a bit more positive and inflation expectations declined. Consumer Confidence in the United States averaged 86.64 points from 1952 until 2019, reaching an all time high of 111.40 points in January of 2000 and a record low of 51.70 points in May of 1980. source: University of Michigan"

Old 01-02-2020, 04:54 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Actually you're about even if pilot if you look at the amt of posts both of you have made since you joined. I've seen many who attack the Republicans and the President that are on here morning noon and night. Everyone's life style is different and we have a lot of retirees here.

On the subject - I'm middle class and am doing much better than I was 4 yrs ago. We've gotten raises - nice income tax returns - but the increase in health care is the one thing I wish they would hit next as well as building the wall.

Raises are not something that the president has anything to do with not even sure how you came up with that idea. When I started out on this forum I was in the relationship side and the religion sections not here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
The number of people working 2 jobs is down. People working 2 jobs has been done for years. My dad worked 2 jobs back in the 70's so my parents could save money to put down on a house. Another friend has had a full time job and then worked part time at Macy's for years to help put her kids through college as she didn't want them taking out school loans - plus she liked her discount. Another friend worked at a bank but during the holiday season picked up hours at Sears to be able to afford a few extra gifts and use her discount. Working 2 jobs is nothing new.
I'm not delusional giving Trump credit - he made a lot of changes that worked in the economy's favor - meanwhile my 401 improved as well as the nice tax refund last year - and we're lower middle class. It was much appreciated.
The only changes Trump has made are for the rich nothing else, if those people you work feel your doing a good job then THEY are the ones giving the raises. I’m poorer then anyone here this much I promise you and most of my friends are in the same boat as I am and none of them have 401K or own stock. My sister works there jobs,
The majority of all my friends work two jobs. So unless you want to pull up some B.S biased source backing you up. You got nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"BTW, working class people don’t play the stock market because they can’t afford it nor the risk that comes with it."
Another one who claims to know about EVERYONE ELSE and what they do.
Hint. MOST working class people have an IRA or a 401K or BOTH which invests in, wait for it, the STOCK MARKET.
No, MOST don’t because they can’t afford any more money to be pulled from their income. Now run along and come back with a source backing you up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies