Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2020, 10:43 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post
Trumps was a watershed event because of the fact that he was a non Politician that won the Presidency in his first try for an elected office. Additionally , one could argue he took out the Clinton Machine and the Bush dynasty.

Again, what he said. It is what he did. He won. Why can’t so many get over that ?

Democracy is alive and well because the system put him in. It was a legal, free and fair election. That’s democracy in action. That shouldn’t be so hard to understand.
I guess this is a lost cause, but really? You are going to continue to make your argument for how and why Trump became president, as if I've suggested anything contrary? I point out how actually it was TRUMP who expressed his opinion about the Electoral College, and still you go on as if these have been my arguments.

Reminder: In 2012, Donald Trump said, "The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy. ... A total sham and a travesty."

Show me where I have suggested the election was not "legal, free and fair?" Show me what makes you think I'm having trouble understanding how our democracy delivered us Trump as POTUS. This ongoing straw man tactic of argument is truly puzzling at this point. Not what I've been commenting about anyway. You are just wasting our time.

Again, the issue is the right or wrong doing we are called upon to judge with respect to what Trump does with the power we vested in him, whether we voted for him or not. Democracy calls on us to judge, and that is all I am doing. Is this what you want me "to get over?" We should not continue to have opinion about such things?

I don't think so, but please stop suggesting your comments and arguments are mine. The idea is to focus on what is broken and needs fixing. What are America's serious problems and how do we best address them.

Focus accordingly or don't bother, but all this repetition about what is democracy is just too thick and tired for words at this point. Really. Democracy gives me every right to be critical of Trump just as democracy gives all other Americans the right to do so as well. To agree or disagree up to and including opinion about his re-election. Democracy in no way guarantees Trump a 2nd term and in no way can or should stifle opinion about Trump's term in office or re-election. Right!?!

Last edited by LearnMe; 01-16-2020 at 10:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2020, 10:58 AM

2,066 posts, read 901,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Trump was up for in excess of over 48 hours dealing with the events that took place.

Contrast that with the failed POS you voted for, Obama, who never woke up as 4 Americans were slaughtered and then drawn and quartered at our embassy in Benghazi.
Zero was too busy with his (hunka hunka burnin') Reggie Love that night, plus he had a fund raiser in Nevada the following day. Priorities, you know.

Old 01-16-2020, 11:16 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
Zero was too busy with his (hunka hunka burnin') Reggie Love that night, plus he had a fund raiser in Nevada the following day. Priorities, you know.
These threads can always go from bad to worse. In fact it's pretty well inevitable. Maybe we'll even get back to some birther nonsense before all is said and done here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies