Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2020, 04:05 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This was supposedly to be preemptive because of a threat to American lives not because of the protest at our embassy, at least get your facts straight if your claiming brilliance. That brilliance just got us booted out of the country, the Iranian replacement can do as he chooses in Iraq.
Trump can't get a story straight. Remember when he had the whole Comey flip-flop where it wad over investigating Hillary and then he later says in an interview it was over the Russah thing? I imagine this is the same case. At one point it was about the embassy and then it became preemptive for whatever reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2020, 04:13 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Trump can't get a story straight. Remember when he had the whole Comey flip-flop where it wad over investigating Hillary and then he later says in an interview it was over the Russah thing? I imagine this is the same case. At one point it was about the embassy and then it became preemptive for whatever reason.

Seems you can't get a story straight. This topic doesn't have anything to do with Comey. Orange Man Bad.

Old 01-05-2020, 04:18 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
I believe the Democrats have gone one too far with their criticism of the killing of two terrorists. Moderates and independents are going to be massively turned off by this rhetoric.

Old 01-05-2020, 04:20 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Anyone here old enough to remember the first Gulf War? We anticipated that the Islamic terrorists would attack not us, but Israel, and thus we made an agreement with Israel to defend them - and keep them out of it. (Remember scud missiles?) I bet the same is happening here:

1) US takes out dangerous Islamic terrorist
2) Iran retaliates against the US by attacking Israel
3) US defends Israel from incoming attack to keep it from escalating into a major war

Israel is going to have to exercise a LOT of restraint.
Iran did not have the missiles they have now. There will be no restraint this time around.

Old 01-05-2020, 04:22 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,575,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Misinformation... It was a German company, with the assistance of a French company, that helped Saddam develop his chemical weapons back in the 1970s!! And at that time, there was no UN sanctions on that country for having chemical weapons.

Your comment is basically another Liberal/Leftist attempt to blame the “ever evil USA†for all the worlds problems and you failed in your attempted of passing on misinformation as the truth.

For some odd reasons, the Liberals/Leftist believe if they tell a lie, long enough, it somehow becomes the truth... A massive failure!!
It was called Iraqgate and was covered in the New York and LA Times after the first Gulf War. The US provided either directly or through intermediaries, such as Germany, the means to develop or produce chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons. That was why the precision bombing during the war was so effective in knocking out the programs and the weapons stockpiles.

The US also helped him with satellite intelligence to direct where mustard gas and sarin could be used against Iran's ground forces.

When Iraq gained the upper hand in the war, the US started supplying weapons and spare parts to the Iranian military to force the two sides into a stalemate.

Old 01-05-2020, 04:22 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
My gosh bounty money provided by a former president to kill the current president
Careful

Old 01-05-2020, 04:26 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,679,366 times
That'll sure mess with his golf game, always looking around before every shot. It should at least keep him indoors more. This is a guy who can't eat normal food because he thinks some one is going to poison him. Now he's got this to worry about. This will be for the rest of his life.

Old 01-05-2020, 04:27 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,299,469 times
Default Soleimani was actively plotting attacks on US troops

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...Gl_oNWqe2vkceo Well there you go. He was planning attacks on our service men and ambassadors. I guess we should have sat on our hands and knees and let our troops be killed? Or we do everything possible to protect our serviceman? I think Trump made the right choice.

Old 01-05-2020, 04:29 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,576,569 times
Reuters can't be trusted.

Old 01-05-2020, 04:30 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...Gl_oNWqe2vkceo Well there you go. He was planning attacks on our service men and ambassadors. I guess we should have sat on our hands and knees and let our troops be killed? Or we do everything possible to protect or serviceman? I think Trump made the right choice.
I do as well. Sadly, those in this country that are irrationally determined to harm America would far rather see US servicemen and ambassadors slaughtered. Then they could point and say Trump did no better than Obama. Intead, a POS terrorist that killed Americans has assumed room temperature (granted THAT may have taken a couple of days) and they are all upset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies