Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2020, 10:57 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times

Advertisements

Due to Trump's actions with Soleimani, looks like the United States of America is ramping up for a possible "boots on the ground" war.

https://twitter.com/dwnews/status/1213156043074744320
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2020, 10:57 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
Also WaldoKitty conveniently ignored the fact Cheney/Bush really started this Middle East stuff..
YEs but I think Waldokitty was trying to suggest that I was political in my support/criticism of military efforts in the USA and trying to imply that because I've never posted here about my objections to Obama/Biden policy during the Obama years I must be in agreement.

I wasn't.

It was less about who started it and more about trying to say I would have supported Obama if he made this decision.....not sure I would have. I suspect I would be as concerned for the fall out as I am now.

Old 01-03-2020, 10:58 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Iran has been a bad dude for over thirty years and it makes me wonder why nobody has wanted to go to war with them.
Because; ignoring for the moment that Iraq went to war with them using U.S. support and lost, if you went to war with every "bad dude" out there you'd be gaining even more enemies with the resultant alliances being made serving to isolate you completely.

The U.S. has set itself up to be the "bad dude's" de-facto scapegoat for decades now. The acolytes screaming "death to America" cannot remember, or never knew in the first place, why they were being programmed to hate you.

Nevertheless; that is the reality of today and knee-jerk actions do nothing by way of understanding how to deal with this world-wide anomaly. You could instead ("figuratively speaking") have bombed every enemy of the last 50 years with washer/dryer combos and Chevy Impalas and achieved far greater success with far less economic and no loss of American lives.

Walking bleeding from the latest accident caused by poor choices to then make the same choices and put your foot into the loud pedal is akin to yelling to those watching "here; hold my beer"!

This nonsense has gone on forever with nothing being learned from it.

Old 01-03-2020, 10:58 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,575,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If you read through the few links I provided - he is responsible for a bunch of deaths in the Middle East.
The problem for the US is that he was involved in defending Iraq and Syria against invasions by the US, allied governments, and mercenary forces, such as Al Qaeda and ISIS. Saying he was involved obscures the fact that he was doing so in defense of sovereign nations. The responsibility for the loss of life and displacement of peoples around the world falls on the aggressors. Trump has recently been quoted as saying Iraq is not a sovereign nation. That should tell you all one should know about who is the invader.

Old 01-03-2020, 11:00 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Trump Admin acted on their intelligence. You don't trust them and give them no latitude and have no patience to wait and see what surfaces.

You trust the Iranians before Trump?

Feel free to post your link on your reports. I usually do...
Where is your link explaining what the general was doing at the airport if not taking a plane?

As for what the Iranians are saying, I do not know other than they swear to take revenge. Will they? Time will tell. At this point all we can do is wait and see.

Old 01-03-2020, 11:00 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Whether or not it would draw attention away from the latest emails that prove Trump personally withheld aid to Ukraine. It didn't work. He's still impeached, and looking guiltier by the minute.

Now that his old emails surfaced about Obama starting a war with Iran to improve his election chances, he's coming off as Obama's evil twin.
Nobody is even thinking of impeachment except you guys.

Trump has benefited from the impeachment scheme both in cash and polling.

Trump has been communicating all along, and you aren't listening. It's America first now. He felt Americans were at risk and he acted.

Old 01-03-2020, 11:01 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Curious this just happened as House and Senate are wrangling about impeachment rules. You can hear it now from Republicans. How dare you confront the Commander in Chief. Meanwhile from his command post in Mar A Lago the Fearless Leader direct his troops between rounds of golf.

If such an action were justified, when should it be carried out? Trump has been under investigation by Democrats and the liberal media since he was a candidate. There is literally not a day in his administration that such an action wouldn't be called a distraction from something.

4,557 posts, read 3,756,246 times
The Pentagon needs to come out in the next day or two on what this imminent attack was. The disinformation and lying won't work this time.

Mainly because: You just killed their number 2 in command person. I doubt Iran is just going to sit on this time around.

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Iran has been a bad dude for over thirty years and it makes me wonder why nobody has wanted to go to war with them.
Our behavior hasn`t exactly been award winning either.

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Where is your link explaining what the general was doing at the airport if not taking a plane?
Why are you masking your own shortcomings at my expense?

I provided links stating the Pentagon intelligence of his intentions.

I posted links about hos notorious reputation among the other countries in the region based on deaths he has caused.

You said there were reports stating otherwise. Post them. Feel free to defend this guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies