Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 05:33 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,590,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
Yeah, the Nazis never really had much of a beef with Jews LOL

Conveniently the Nazis were Leftists similar to today's controlling Progressives.

Old 01-03-2020, 05:34 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
And also, btw, why did she delete the facebook post if she had any 'hard evidence?' Answer: she had no 'hard evidence' of this absurdity.

This is the most ridiculous thing since the DC city council member who blamed the Jews for causing a snowstorm. Can't make this stuff up....
Why did the Rockland County GOP remove its hateful anti- Judaism video from FB while defending the contents?
It was clearly more anti- Judaism that claiming some Jews were brutes in terms of acquiring property

Old 01-03-2020, 05:35 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Conveniently the Nazis were Leftists similar to today's controlling Progressives.
….which is very scary for Jews not blinded by liberalism. Antisemitism is at the highest point since 1930s Germany.

Old 01-03-2020, 05:40 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Are they getting training from Linda Sarsour, Louis Farrakhan, Ilhan Omar, etc....
The particular Hassidic dynasty that is targeting the Greenville neighborhood of Jersey City likely has no issue with Omar’s position on Israel. Hasidic Jews, especially those within the Satmar dynasty, are strongly anti- Zionism and oppose a Jewish State.

Appreciate some of the inherent conflicts between Jewish people in Israel and the US. To do so requires putting down the broad brush that seeks to paint All fill in the Blank alike.

Old 01-03-2020, 05:42 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Why did the Rockland County GOP remove its hateful anti- Judaism video from FB while defending the contents?
It was clearly more anti- Judaism that claiming some Jews were brutes in terms of acquiring property
Why were you on the other thread, in which the horrific and repeated attacks by blacks on Jews were being discussed, to complain about anything and everything related to Ultra-Orthodox Jews? You even criticized Yiddish. (Huh? Blacks assault and even murder Jews, so let's criticize Yiddish!)

So I ask, in case you missed it: If white boys were assaulting and killing random, highly religious Muslims on the street, would your response be to start criticizing the way Muslims dress, and speak, and act? NO. You would call the white boys Islamophobes, racists, Trump-supporters, what-have-you. But because the criminal actions are being carried out by lowlife black thugs, you switch your focus to what's wrong with Jews. It's the double standards applied to Jews that is very telling....and very scary.

(If my house is burglarized, will you start complaining about the color of my mezuzah on the doorpost? Because maybe THAT is why he did it.)

Old 01-03-2020, 05:43 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,758,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
She referred to some Hassidic as brutes as it relates to aggressive tactics being used to persuade locals to sell their homes to them.

Her remarks are mild compared to the video put out by the white Rockland County GOP for similar reasons.

A flourishing Jewish community is never one community. It’s hundreds of communities.

The Satmar dynasty are unique among the various Hassidic dynasties for strictest observation of more than 600 laws that govern every aspect of daily life down to the color of your socks and material used for eyeglass frames. They seek to live in physical isolation from the outside world. They reject modern culture and enforce strict gender segregation. No TV. No Smart phones. No internet. No movies.No secular newspapers.

Jewish law, as interpreted by the Satmar dynasty, is used to resolve disputes instead of civil courts. What happens within a Satmar community tends to stay within the community.

Yiddish is the primary language. Yiddish has a very limited, almost child- like vocabulary in that there are no words for most body parts or functions and behaviors which are not discussed. Your hip is a foot. Your knee is a foot. Your leg is a foot and a foot is a foot.

Marriages are arranged. Wedding dates are set by the rabbi to coincide with ovulation. 10-12 or more children is common. Expecting government financial support is common in the US and Israel.

The Satmar are fiercely anti- Zionist, very different than Modern Orthodox Jews. They do not recognize the Israeli state. One can appreciate the challenges or conflicts this presents to between Zionists and Hasidic people in Israel.

Satmar Education is viewed as lax by most US and Israeli standards and obsessively religiously oriented. A grown man is likely to think a condom is a type of housing.

It is not a particularly welcoming community to Jews outside of their dynasty, let alone secular Jews or non Jews.

Nothing indicates a partisan preference when it comes to voting blocks. . It comes down to what have you ( the local/ county/ state politician) done for us, lately.

Most people in the US have never encountered a Satmar dynasty Jew, let alone any Haredi Jews.

There are white and black people who harbor deep resentment for what is happening in their communities/ counties in NJ and N.Y. state. It is not necessarily the same thing as what some street thugs are doing in Brooklyn, which is not the same thing as the attacks on far more moderate synagogs and community centers in other parts of the country.

Using a broad brush to paint all Fill in the Blank says more about the painter than their targets.
So, NO White Jews allowed.The name Satmar can easily be replaced with the name of one of the strictest conservative Christian churches as there are 100's of denominations of Christians. Yet if we chose one of those denominations who we could drop in nearly every one of your one liners and no one would bat an eye.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._denominations

What a disgusting anti-Jewish hateful post you've created here. How about you source every single one of your one-liners with reliable internet websites?

Old 01-03-2020, 05:54 PM

Orthodox Jews Arrive in Jersey City Neighborhood, Raising Hopes and Fears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yWMbrk_kQw&app=desktop

Old 01-03-2020, 05:55 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,138,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
This seems pretty unlikely to me, as someone who is not Jewish but have had longtime interactions with Jewish people. I've never once heard of any of them threatening to bring drugs and prostitutes into a neighborhood as retaliation for refusal to sell homes. Not once.

Sounds like there are already drugs in the neighborhood, and this lady is on them.
Its not unlikely, it happened, 2 years ago.
It was predatory real estate brokers trying to buy up homes that were doing it, not the resident Jews that were trying to move in. The article doesnt say if the brokers knocking on doors were Hasidic themselves.

It got so bad and far reaching that many towns enacted "No knock" laws that would fine anyone soliciting.
I saw another article about this that stated Many of the east coast towns from Jersey city on down made this law, which surprised the hell outta me, because Ive never heard of this. Not a great way to endear tolerance from the people youre supposed to live next to.

Jersey City, Toms River, Manchester Township, Freehold Borough, Hamilton, Howell, Hillsdale, Edison, Wyckoff, Manalapan, Middletown, West Long Branch, Saddle Brook and Kenilworth
Wow my town is included! Now I can call the town when Verizon and those stupid solar companies knock on my door. I was wondering why the solicitation was so quient here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/02/n...ew-jersey.html

Quote:
Feelings were so intense that 1,400 people showed up at one hearing on a proposed solicitation ban that eventually passed.

“People felt threatened,” Mr. Kelaher said. “This has nothing to do with anti-Semitism. This is strictly based on the type of behavior. We welcome people to move in legitimately.”

Old 01-03-2020, 06:00 PM

Wonder what people would think and say of Black Hasidic Jews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsKaYu4-dM0

Old 01-03-2020, 06:02 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,256,579 times
I wouldn’t be shocked if the story was at least partially true and I wouldn’t be shocked I’d it was wholly made up. There’s some crazies with very questionable ethics on both sides of this story. Plenty of hatred coming from both camps. The mayor, governor and many faith based leaders have cooler heads and should be able to mediate the situation.
One thing about a democratic government - they tend to be more up into this kind of thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies