Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2020, 11:54 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times

Advertisements

I think this thread should be closed. It has morphed from a discussion of a liberal school official making a Jewish slur to having progressives (and one conservative) pile on to encourage more Jew-hate, including videos showing Jews in a bad light. Absolutely disgusting.

Old 01-04-2020, 12:12 PM

550 posts, read 368,835 times
What a pathetic thread.

No anti-Semitism should be defended regardless of whether it is done by a Democrat or a Republican.

Old 01-04-2020, 12:14 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,363,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Somebody save us all from the anti-semitism industrial complex before it overtakes big Pharma and Oil and the number one menace to society. Already wasting too much bandwidth on poor little City Data.
They cry out in pain as they strike you...

Old 01-04-2020, 12:14 PM

550 posts, read 368,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Well if she has hard evidence that this kind of threat is made to homeowners then she is correct in calling it out. I’d want to know and I’m guess the Jewish community would want to put a stop to individuals who behave like brutes. However, keep quiet unless she can substantiate because that kind of talk is just inflammatory and IS antisemitic.
She might be more effective going to the leadership (rabbi) privately and having them deal with individuals with less drama.
I live in New Jersey and there’s a lot of interfaith coalitions and people in government and clergy who work hard to make sure everyone gets along and behaves appropriately.
Are you being sarcastic? You can't seriously think this is real, right?

Old 01-04-2020, 12:15 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Lefty continues to deflect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Is there a reason why you choose to ignore the video put out by the Rockland County GOP depicting Jews as a threat to families and safety and urged people to take back control?

Then there’s a group based in Tim’s River, NJ called “ Rise up Ocean County” that seriously opposes what they perceive as over development within the county based on the massive influx of Hasidic Jews. This group focuses on the environmental damages and changes to quality of life, although the undertones are there.

The courts in Ocean County are overwhelmed with litigation initiated by both sides. Some of the zoning tactics being used in some municipalities appear a tad reminiscent of historical tactics used to keep out public housing and / or racial/ ethnic changes in demographics throughout the US. It’s challenging to distinguish between anti Judaism vs NIMBYism.

These ^ challenges are unique to areas of NJ and N.Y. state, not the same as what’s going on in Brooklyn , a variation of the “ ****- out game” whereby mostly black youths in urban areas seek vulnerable people on the street and attempt to knock them out with a single punch to the head of face. While some of these unprovoked attacks have occurred in Hassidic communities in Brooklyn, they most certainly are not limited to Jewish people or NYC. The elderly, including elderly black people, disabled and homeless people have been particularly vulnerable.

I would love the opportunity to talk with the 24 year old woman who has been charged with the hate crime in Brooklyn to attempt to understand her motivation. Speculation on my part is she does not know. Believe her.
this poster continues to deflect and subtly give the perp a possible out. Disgusting.

Old 01-04-2020, 12:19 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,256,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpair View Post
Are you being sarcastic? You can't seriously think this is real, right?
I live in the area so I am very familiar with the different groups. Both can be lying sleezebags. They both feel justified in their agendas. Believe what you want but my thoughts come from my interactions and the interactions of friends and family whom I trust.

Old 01-04-2020, 12:42 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,256,579 times
I think you need to stop thinking that a criticism of a Jewish group, new to the neighborhood, and behaving badly and possibly breaking fair housing laws is antisemitic. It wouldn’t matter if they were purple elephants.
Certainly physically attacking or threatening violence is a hate crime. Bringing up possible illegal or bad behavior is something no one should be afraid to do for fear of being labeled a jew hater.
As I’ve said, there are lots of people in senior roles who are working to diffuse the situation so I have faith it’s going to work out.

I also want to add that there’s another group who are not exactly winning in all of this mess. Hispanics, some illegal, living with illegal or just generally not trusting of authority are being taken advantage of and are not speaking out.

Old 01-04-2020, 12:44 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,758,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This will be my last response to you in this thread.

I am from the West Coast (Los Angeles) and the black and Jewish populations here have a much more friendly relationship than on the East Coast apparently. So I have never heard anti-Semitic rhetoric coming from black people. Most black people that I know have positive experiences and personal relationships with Jewish people. Most do not have any issues with Jewish people so stop the hysterics. By attacking ALL black people as anti-Semites you are needlessly creating enemies from allies.
I've been reading everything you typed so far. So let's see you live in a city of 40 Million people, you're comparing it to a city of 300,000 which has a Hasidic population of around 500 people. You bring Israel into this thread in an attempt to hijack it when in fact Hasidic Jews are not pro Israel. And you have the gall to state Jews are the problem. Are you kidding???

It doesn't matter what you are as your bigotry against all Jews is as clear as a SoCal day.

Well here is a link from a Los Angeles MSM from 2019:

Hate crimes targeting Jews and Latinos increased in California in 2018, report says

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...703-story.html

So when you type that there is no antisemitism in LA, who is correct? You or the LA Times?

Old 01-04-2020, 01:18 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
I've been reading everything you typed so far. So let's see you live in a city of 40 Million people, you're comparing it to a city of 300,000 which has a Hasidic population of around 500 people. You bring Israel into this thread in an attempt to hijack it when in fact Hasidic Jews are not pro Israel. And you have the gall to state Jews are the problem. Are you kidding???

It doesn't matter what you are as your bigotry against all Jews is as clear as a SoCal day.

Hate crimes targeting Jews and Latinos increased in California in 2018, report says

So when you type that there is no antisemitism in LA, who is correct? You or the LA Times?
Yes. Her posts REAK of antisemitism. Add in that she just complained about Jews making a deal about "a few powerless random black people'. THAT is how she describes anti-Semites assaulting Jews, killing some and permanently destroying the lives of others! "Powerless." She is just angry that Jews won't shut up about being repeatedly assaulted by blacks in Brooklyn and are thus drawing light to the fact that SOME black people do indeed behave like despicable beings.

Old 01-04-2020, 01:39 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
1) When did I state that anti-Semitism doesn't exist in Los Angeles?

2) In your article, the hate crimes against Jews occurred in areas such as Newport Beach and Ojai; not a lot of black folks in those areas. But I guess that doesn't fit the thread agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies