Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2020, 07:22 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,699,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Who knows what type of message the ad will broadcast but we do know whatever it is it will be denounced by the Left.

Trump could say that he is not running for reelection and the Dems would be critical of him.

Well, come on. Given the fact that Trump lies about EVERYTHING, who could ever believe him...……...except for his cult ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2020, 07:22 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
That's an amazing Ad buy. Brought to you by house democrats and their hoax impeachment which coincidentally netted the campaign $10M in just 2 days. This will be just before the Iowa Caucus. Trump sure knows how to work the media to his favor.

It will be interesting to see what he says.

Trump Campaign Spends $10 Million On 60-Second Super Bowl Ad

Meanwhile, nobody is talking about the hapless Democrat candidates.
Meanwhile Bloomberg who is ineluctable, has wasted 100 million in ads.

Just the nanny culture he has show is so appalling as if I see salt on a table in a restaurant, then I can determine to use it or not. If I want to buy a big coke to share with my family, then it is my decision.

Actually I do not use salt in restaurants and never buy huge coke drinks, but just that Bloomberg feels he has to control my life is what I know is what I don't look to have in a President.

As opiods, and illegal aliens is not what Bloomberg seems to be important, but salt and coke drinks are!

I like to watch Judge Judy but don't need her to tell me who to vote for...

Old 01-08-2020, 07:23 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
Quote:
That's an amazing Ad buy. Brought to you by house democrats and their hoax impeachment which coincidentally netted the campaign $10M in just 2 days. This will be just before the Iowa Caucus. Trump sure knows how to work the media to his favor.

Just the nanny culture he has show is so appalling as if I see salt on a table in a restaurant, then I can determine to use it or not. If I want to buy a big coke to share with my family, then it is my decision.

Actually I do not use salt in restaurants and never buy huge coke drinks, but just that Bloomberg feels he has to control my life is what I know is what I don't look to have in a President.

As opiods, and illegal aliens is not what Bloomberg seems to be important, but salt and coke drinks are!

I like to watch Judge Judy but don't need her to tell me who to vote for... How much did she get paid for her ad?

Old 01-08-2020, 07:30 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,770,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Ugh. Can't we just enjoy the game without politics. I guess not. I didn't like when Bloomberg announced his ad and now we have Trump doing the same.
Trump is feeling threatened by Bloomberg. I am sure Trump will be dispatching Rudy back to Ukraine to dig up some phony corruption story on Bloomberg.

Old 01-08-2020, 08:03 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
[/color]

Well, come on. Given the fact that Trump lies about EVERYTHING, who could ever believe him...……...except for his cult ?
Almost everything. Not everything. Look at the new boss, same as the old boss.

Old 01-08-2020, 08:05 AM

15,848 posts, read 6,551,421 times
I'll keep my vomit bucket handy then...

Old 01-08-2020, 09:37 AM

1,161 posts, read 435,486 times
Quote:
Wait. Didn't Obama buy an entire 30 minutes Prime Time in 2008? What did you say about that?

I don't know. I didn't chronicle everything Obama (or any presidential candidate) has done. That was 11 years ago, and I don't really remember or care.

If we are going to break it down logically though, if I'm allowed to use logic if you don't mind, if Obama bought 30 minutes of airtime I'm assuming he did it to delve into issues and present himself as a candidate in a way that he wanted to be presented. That time would be incredibly valuable because he was fairly new to the scene and could use the time to introduce himself.
Even running for his second term, if Trump bought 30 minutes of air time, I wouldn't question it. It makes sense. Take a long period of time to really present yourself, your accomplishments and campaign for the office.

Whether it was Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush again, Regan (how far back in history do we need to go to offer an opinion now??) I'd question spending 10 million dollars on a 60 second commercial. ESPECIALLY for a sitting president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
TRANSLATION: I really, really hope we can bamboozle Trump into not buying an ad that will be seen by so many people. He's kicking our butts as it is!

"Our" butts? I'm not in the election.

"I really, really hope we can bamboozle Trump into not buying an ad..." I know you don't know me at all, so just to be clear I'm not dumb enough to think that Trump is a CD poster.

Also, just so that we're clear, I don't care one way or the other. None of that 10 million is coming from me, and it can be spent however he wants to. Not EVERYTHING is an attack against you or your politicians.

Do you remember when people used to have conversations? Maybe you're too young. But there was a time when someone could offer up a counter point that didn't explode into a silly little "Us vs Them" argument.

My question was "does it make sense to spend so much money on a 60 second commercial"? Trump is pretty well known, lol. He's not introducing a new product. Now as Buckeye77 brought up, and it's a good point, it could be a very powerful commercial and it might push some people who are on the fence over to voting for him again. As they pointed out, the campaign did the math and figure it's worth it.

Man....there are some sensitive folks on this board

Old 01-08-2020, 09:42 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
Quote:

Wait, aren't conservatives boycotting the NFL? I guess they won't see the stupid add.

Old 01-08-2020, 09:46 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Fair enough how many homeless people could Trump feed with his 10 million dollar ad buy?
LMAO, Trump help the homeless? Yeah right. Trump only helps himself.

Old 01-08-2020, 09:49 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

I like to watch Judge Judy but don't need her to tell me who to vote for...
No one says you have to listen.

He didn't waste money - he spent it. He spent a couple hundred million shutting down coal plants and it was recently verified that is saving the lives of 10's of thousands of Americans.

You don't have to like it - but it's a rounding error for him. A weeks return in the stock market.

I'm sure you have given money to losing candidates and causes....or have you? I probably have.

Opiods? Trump;s FDA just approved the strongest Opiod EVER. Makes fentanyl look like child's play...and, there was no medical reason (but lots of payoffs) to approve it. Many other new opioids have been approved also.

The dumber and more stoned the population is...the better....for some politicians. There is a good reason that Rushbo was an opiate addict...since his life didn't square with his BS. Same with many voters - opioids dull the pain of knowing that the Government doesn't give a rat's arse about you (in general). That's why we suck up 89% of the opiates in the world.

Oh, and a new study shows the CDC is under-reporting opiate deaths by about 1/2. This makes perfect sense to me....(and, no, it's not under Trump but in general) as I know of a few opiate deaths among more well to do white folks and none of them are reported as opiate deaths. Just 28 year olds and 42 year olds dying in their sleep. Regular thing. Family privacy and all that.

I hope he throws 30 Billion into the race- whether for himself or against Trump. That's the American Way according to the "conservative" SCOTUS.

It's somewhat humorous that you are of enough wealth and knowledge to tell someone worth 40 Billion whether their money is wasted. Do you see the irony?

If he built a Billion dollar yacht you might consider it money well spent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies